Can ecigarettes give you toungue cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelstyles

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Perth Western australia
The reason I am writing this I am a two year vaper. Lately I have been getting this toungue soreness pain from smoking ecigarettes. Is this gonna kill me or seriously mess me up?
Im thinking three things...
E cigarettes give you toungue cancer
The antifreeze in my cheap chinese liquid (dekang juice)is messing my toungue up(its a theory cause of the pain but the sellers of this liquid say it is safe)
or the liquid nicotine in the liquid is coming thru my DSE901 and messing my toungue up:unsure:
Do I have to quit vaping?
I sure as hell dont want to....:mad:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
First off we are not medical doctors...or at least I am not one. But there is zero evidence of tongue cancer with e-cigs. Nothing in them is cancer causing to any appreciable level, including the nicotine. That said, there are a couple things that could be causing discomfort for you. PG (propylene glycol, the most common ejuice "vehicle") certainly makes my tongue hhurt and can give it sores if I vape too much and too hot. This is actually relative common. Try switching to VG (vegetable glycerin) juices, and I am pretty certain the discomfort will go away...it did with me. High nic levels especially if vaped at high voltage, can also cause irritation. But I would start with trying VG juices. I myself cannot tolerate PG higher than whatever is in a flavor I use in my DIY juices, and even that much can sometimes give me a sore tongue.

As for antifreeze, PG is used as an eco-friendly antifreeze. The "common" antifreeze compound is ethylene glycol or diethylene glycol, both of which are poison to humans, so if you were getting a lot of either of those, you would be having more problems than a sore tongue.

If along with sore tongue you are always having a very dry mouth, it is very likely the PG, and using VG should clear it up...that is if you like the taste of VG. Some do not. I do, and dislike the taste of PG...too perfume-like to me.

I do not know about availability of VG juices in Australia, but they may have to be imported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread