Status
Not open for further replies.

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Good question...I always unplug mine before going to bed. I hope someone can answer this. I would love to keep mine plugged in at all times.

Yeah...it would be so convenient on the 10 battery charger. I plan to number the batteries and use them in a sequenced rotation....#1 goes on the charger, #2 gets used....#2 goes on the charger, #3 gets used....etc...

It would just be easier if they can just remain on the charger until needed. :) I just don't want to damage them and need to know for certain that it's OK to do that. Otherwise I'll think of another way to do it.

Do you know if the batteries stay fully charged if not used for a day or 2 or 3? Could they all be charged at the same time and used days later?

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Smart chargers stop feeding the battery electricity once it is full. Also, eGo batts are overcharge protected. And, eGo batts will hold a charge just as well as any other batt. They are li-on. There's nothing different about them than say, a duracell li-on rechargeable battery except the shape.

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed to know! :)

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I have 3 eGo batteries. One stays on the charger continuously until I need it, usually about 20 hours later. It charges up in only a few of those 20 hours. The rest of the time it just sits there showing a green light.

I've had all three batteries for almost a year without any failures or sign of weakness. The charger has to be cutting off after the batteries are charged. I'm sure I could leave the battery on the charger for a year with no problem.

P.S. 640 maH batteries.

Last edited:

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
I have 3 eGo batteries. One stays on the charger continuously until I need it, usually about 20 hours later. It charges up in only a few of those 20 hours. The rest of the time it just sits there showing a green light.

I've had all three batteries for almost a year without any failures or sign of weakness. The charger has to be cutting off after the batteries are charged. I'm sure I could leave the battery on the charger for a year with no problem.

Thank you. That's really good to know! I've been rotating 4 batteries for 2 eGo-Ts (mine and hubby's) and picked up 4 more that I want to add to the rotation. It will be so easy just to remove and add to the charger as we need to. Thanks for your input! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread