The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Can eGo-T 650 mAh and 1000 mAh be left on the charger

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by vicsan, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vicsan

vicsan Sparky Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    IL
    until you need them? I just got a 10 battery charger from Cignot (thanks Vicki!) and just need to know if I can leave the batteries on the charger? I'd like to just charge them all and leave them there until needed and just rotate them. Is it OK to do that?

2. jwv651

jwv651 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2010
    Castle Rock, Colorado
    Good question...I always unplug mine before going to bed. I hope someone can answer this. I would love to keep mine plugged in at all times.

3. vicsan

Apr 15, 2011
    IL
    Yeah...it would be so convenient on the 10 battery charger. I plan to number the batteries and use them in a sequenced rotation....#1 goes on the charger, #2 gets used....#2 goes on the charger, #3 gets used....etc...

It would just be easier if they can just remain on the charger until needed. :) I just don't want to damage them and need to know for certain that it's OK to do that. Otherwise I'll think of another way to do it.

Do you know if the batteries stay fully charged if not used for a day or 2 or 3? Could they all be charged at the same time and used days later?

4. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    Smart chargers stop feeding the battery electricity once it is full. Also, eGo batts are overcharge protected. And, eGo batts will hold a charge just as well as any other batt. They are li-on. There's nothing different about them than say, a duracell li-on rechargeable battery except the shape.

5. vicsan

Apr 15, 2011
    IL
    Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed to know! :)

6. billo

billo Super Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2009
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    I have 3 eGo batteries. One stays on the charger continuously until I need it, usually about 20 hours later. It charges up in only a few of those 20 hours. The rest of the time it just sits there showing a green light.

I've had all three batteries for almost a year without any failures or sign of weakness. The charger has to be cutting off after the batteries are charged. I'm sure I could leave the battery on the charger for a year with no problem.

P.S. 640 maH batteries.

7. vicsan

Apr 15, 2011
    IL
    Thank you. That's really good to know! I've been rotating 4 batteries for 2 eGo-Ts (mine and hubby's) and picked up 4 more that I want to add to the rotation. It will be so easy just to remove and add to the charger as we need to. Thanks for your input! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.