can find taste and smell at low watts with 2 of my mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

vape4taste

Sep 26, 2019
I have a weird issue with my vaping equipment. I’m vaping with Tilemahos armed eagle and I had recently bought Kayfan prime. I own a Joyetech eVic Primo a Wismec noisy cricket and Sifu B Tab by UD (youde).

I’m only getting the taste and smell from my atomizers only from my Sifu B Tab. I’m vaping at 8-14 watts (dont want to go higher) same settings on the Joyetech evic primo and the taste and smell are missing.
I had tried different coils, and no luck with Joyetech and Cricket II (tried paraller and serial at low volts).

Anyone had similar issues? Can I do something with Joyetech?
Do you had this issue, and if yes how did you solved it?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a weird issue with my vaping equipment. I’m vaping with Tilemahos armed eagle and I had recently bought Kayfan prime. I own a Joyetech eVic Primo a Wismec noisy cricket and Sifu B Tab by UD (youde).

I’m only getting the taste and smell from my atomizers only from my Sifu B Tab. I’m vaping at 8-14 watts (dont want to go higher) same settings on the Joyetech evic primo and the taste and smell are missing.
I had tried different coils, and no luck with Joyetech and Cricket II (tried paraller and serial at low volts).

Hi and welcome to the ECF.
It may not be apples to apples, but my trusty 4 year old eleaf Pico (NFE) at 18 watts gives the same flavour/vapor as my newish Famovape magma at 24 watts.
When I tried my tanks on the magma at my standard 18W, the flavor and vapor did not compare. Once I increased the magma to 24 watts, they are virtually identical.
Maybe the pico is putting out more than it displays or the magma less, but either way, the numbers are irrelevant.

Find a setting that gives you the vape you want.

HTH
I

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Are you letting the coils soak long enough to prime them with enough juice? I haven't bought a factory made coil in many years, but they used to come with a rubber cover that we partially filled with juice and then inserted the coil back in to absorb the juice into the cotton filler.

The secret is to make sure that the coils are full saturated with juice. I use to prime mine as I described above and let them sit in the juice for 30 minutes before installing them into the mod.

vape4taste

Sep 26, 2019
Are you letting the coils soak long enough to prime them with enough juice? I haven't bought a factory made coil in many years, but they used to come with a rubber cover that we partially filled with juice and then inserted the coil back in to absorb the juice into the cotton filler.

The secret is to make sure that the coils are full saturated with juice. I use to prime mine as I described above and let them sit in the juice for 30 minutes before installing them into the mod.
I'm letting them saturated, no problem with builds since I had experement with many options.

I must say that at list with kayfun prime and my favor juice I had found very good taste using my mechanical mod. This was hapenning the last 4 days.

I had tried tonight my Kayfun prime and Wismec Noisy Cricket II in paraller mode. Even though I getting constand vape is too hot for my taste to let me smell the aroma and taste.

I had also made some changes in the way I had prepared the last 2 bottles 30ml
They contain 10ml flavor and since I dont vape nicotine I must add 20ml vg+pg
I had added 7ml VG and 4 ml PG and taste and smell was excelent (on the mechanical mod)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm letting them saturated, no problem with builds since I had experement with many options.

I must say that at list with kayfun prime and my favor juice I had found very good taste using my mechanical mod. This was hapenning the last 4 days.

I had tried tonight my Kayfun prime and Wismec Noisy Cricket II in paraller mode. Even though I getting constand vape is too hot for my taste to let me smell the aroma and taste.

I had also made some changes in the way I had prepared the last 2 bottles 30ml
They contain 10ml flavor and since I dont vape nicotine I must add 20ml vg+pg
I had added 7ml VG and 4 ml PG and taste and smell was excelent (on the mechanical mod)

I have a Kayfun Prime somewhere in my vape closet. My daily vape is the Kayfun Lite v2. There's an air flow adjustment (two screws on the bottom) that can be crucial to juice feed and flavor. If air flow is wide open the wick will likely become juice starved as you vape. Juice cools the coil. If it's starved, the vape becomes hotter and the flavor weak.

The Prime has a juice feed adjustment.

How To Setup Kayfun Prime: A User Guide [Pro Tips, Tricks & Pics]

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Is the smell actually coming from the mod? If only one mod does it, and with a different mod and same atomizer it doesn't, that would tell me the mod itself is causing some issue. If it is a burnt rubbery smell, maybe a wire overheats and is melting the insulation?

10ml of flavor in 30ml of flavor (33% flavoring) sounds like a whole lot. Most people use 10-12 ml of flavoring for 120ml bottles (8-10% flavor). Not sure this has anything to do with your odd taste from one mod issue, but thought it was worth mentioning.

vape4taste

Sep 26, 2019
10ml of flavor in 30ml of flavor (33% flavoring) sounds like a whole lot.
that is my favorite juice Google Translate
cigar with black chocholate, and it gives that smell and aroma when the atomizer is cold and you vape at low watts or with mechanical mod.
My build is 0.93 omhs and I change cotton and clean wire every third load (6 ml)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread