Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yes you can add flavor.

If you want to add super concentrated flavoring (like 1 or 2 mls.) The nicotine content wouldn't really change that much. That's if you even use nicotine in your juice. Adding a few drops won't really change the nicotine content. If the added flavoring is nicotine free then the nicotine content in your juice will go down depending on how much you add.

If you add another juice that is already premixed, with a higher or lower nicotine content than the original mix then the nicotine content of the juice will change. Unless both juices being mixed have the same strength of nicotine.

There are online 'ejuice calculators' to help out with nicotine content, how much to add, ect.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
yes, but not all food flavorings are suitable for adding to eliquid. For instance, i have heard that some oil extract type flavorings are problematic so i don't use them. safest to stick to brand name flavorings like TPA, Capellas, FA, LA etc

as mentioned by the other poster, nic content will be reduced a bit as well as VG content unless you get VG based flavorings, which are less commonly found.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I bought a black cherry e liquid and it i couldn't taste the flavor that much. I did steep it. So I want to know can I add flavor to it. I am not a DIY person.

I do it all the time. I'm not really concerned about NIC content I'm more concerned about taste. But if you are concerned about nic content depending on how much additional flavoring you add you will dilute the NIC. If you are concerned about NIC content then a very good suggestion was made earlier to use super concentrates.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
It's fine to add flavoring to your liquid to improve the taste. As others have said, it's not going to effect the nic level much at all.
Some have mentioned Wizard labs. Their prices look good but they seem to be out of just about everything.
I just bought some flavorings from ecigxpress. Electronic Cigarette DIY e-liquid Flavoring | ecigExpress
They seem to have the biggest selection of flavor manufacturers. A lot of shops that carry flavoring like to rebrand them as their own.
I don't like that . Ecig express costs a bit more but they seem to stay well stocked.
What ever you buy, just add one drop at a time to your juice until it tastes how you want.
good luck.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I bought a black cherry e liquid and it i couldn't taste the flavor that much. I did steep it. So I want to know can I add flavor to it. I am not a DIY person.

Absolutely you Can.

In fact, adding Flavorings to Retail e-Liquids is what got me into DIY in the First Place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread