Can I add nicotine to 0mg flavored liquids without effecting flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
I get reactions from PG and I'm still finding mg strength.
3mg is too much and 1.5mg isn't a common strength.
Im thinking of getting 0mg in the flavors I like then add nicotine until I find mg strength that works.
Ill be using under 3mg so will adding nicotine in pg or VG work without destroying flavor?

From what I understand nicotine is not meant to have a flavour, unless its old and then it becomes peppery.
If you use a higher pg based nicotine, there will be less flavour reduction as pg carries flavour which you probably already know, but at such a small amount of added nicotine, I can't see why the flavour would drastically change.
If you're worried you could buy flavour concentrate to supplement?

Reactions: Burnie

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I get reactions from PG and I'm still finding mg strength.
3mg is too much and 1.5mg isn't a common strength.
Im thinking of getting 0mg in the flavors I like then add nicotine until I find mg strength that works.
Ill be using under 3mg so will adding nicotine in pg or VG work without destroying flavor?

If you get reactions from PG...IF you plan on buying Nic base...I'd definitely buy Nic in 100% VG.

But, as far as 3mg being too much and 1.5mg being uncommon...Bonskibon's idea above, is right and a simpler way to always have 1.5mg eliquids you like. You buy two bottles of your favorite eliquid. One with 0mg and one with 3mg....and mix both bottles together to make 1.5mg eliquid.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Adding that minor amount of Nicotine to a bottle of e-Liquid will not dilute it much at all so the amount that flavor is diluted will be minimal. With how over flavored store bought stuff is I doubt you would actually taste the difference. It will also depend on the strength of the nicotine base you use to add the nicotine. At 100MG/ML Nicotine base that will not even be an ML you will need to add.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I just added almost 4ML of 48MG Nicotine to a 60ML bottle of a Fog Minions Bake Sale e-Liquid and in my opinion there is no difference in taste. Sure it is diluted if you are being critical but not enough to actually taste the difference and possible the Nicotine is bringing out the flavor even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread