Can I bum a vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Westmont, IL
A stranger in Chicago? No way. I'm amazed anyone in Chicago would even think asking to hold something of any value of someone else's would be allowed. You're thinking "gross", I'm thinking my $20-$50 goes running away leaving me needing to bum a vape.

It surprised the hell out of me... I was Waiting for the red line at Clark and Division. People usually don't approach me in Chicago because I have a big black dog attached to me. This guy was bold (or on crack or something). I have given a friend of mine an old spare battery and nearly spent cartridge that I had with me when he forgot his smokes, but I offered it to him. He didn't ask.

hahaha this seriously made me lol :laugh:

That is precious :laugh:

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
You know that guy, the one who never has enough of his own cigs and you always had to ask for your lighter back.
Can you bum someone a vape?

Yup. Ran into her this weekend and gave her a CE4 full of Blueberry Cheesecake. Now I'm down to about a dozen drops :facepalm:. Ah well, at least she's cut back on the sticks. That's the whole point, right?

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
A total stranger, not a chance. I've told many of this site, and places to get their own.

I used to hunt with a guy that would bum my bic lighter all the time. Once he didn't return it, and I asked for it back. He said it was his, and I said no it's mine, just bought it that morning. What he didn't know, was I took my knife and scratched my initials on both sides. He then looked and sure enough it was mine, he had this odd look on his face, and sadly returned it. For some reason he always returned my lighters from then on.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
Yes, I've converted a colleague of mine that way. She's on a very tight budget, with a family and no money anymore to waste on analogs. She tried mine and liked it, so I gave her a complete starting set as a birthday present. Now, because it's REALLY difficult to find e-liquid with nicotine here, if one of us runs into some, we buy a bit for the other. Helping someone else out of the analog jungle is a good thing.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
I am going to a big family reunion. I was thinking of taking a couple of eGos with stardust/Ce type clearos just for the family and friends to try if they ask. Maybe 3 small clearos, One Ry4, one fruit one mentol. I will keep them in my purse for such an occurence. I when I have to deal with strangers asking me, If I did, I would back away slowly....and run. (Only because that is where I live)

Last edited:

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Imagine a future where you run into vapers as much as smokers presently.
You know that guy, the one who never has enough of his own cigs and you always had to ask for your lighter back.

Generally I have at least one 3ml squirt bottle with me. Often I have a spare battery. I always have a spare ecig (but I always forget the condoms and I'm somewhat of a germaphobe so that one would be tough, I'd probably have to throw out the tank or tip depending on who it was).

Have you ever bummed someone a vape? How about bummed a vape to a smoker who ran out?

I've thought about that. I have one friend in particular who always used to bum cigs from me all summer long. I've wondered what will happen now that I'm vaping and she smells these great flavors wafting towards her. I thought maybe I'd order some of those tips you can get and toss, but I'll probably just have an extra batt or one of my cig a likes around so a couple of my closest friends can try it out. I want to get anyone I can get onto the vaping band wagon as opposed to smoking....just don't want to be the "source" every time I see them. I have given the link to this site to a few folks. So far none of them have checked it out. But...a world where there are vapers everywhere....I like the idea of that....even though things are not looking real positive in that arena at the moment, and that's something we're really going to have to fight hard for. Great topic!

like I was saying before I've never really had anyone ask me about it. Just down below my office is where I head when I need to have a vape and its on a fairly busy street with lots of foot traffic. Most people when they pass me if they're over 40 will just sneer or hrumph and I've said before I think it's because of how prevalent green is around these parts that they think Im vaping/smoking dope. Most everyone though young or old walks by me and looks at me like I have 3 heads with nippleless bearded breasts.

Sackskin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
NJ
Imagine a future where you run into vapers as much as smokers presently.

Generally I have at least one 3ml squirt bottle with me. Often I have a spare battery. I always have a spare ecig (but I always forget the condoms and I'm somewhat of a germaphobe so that one would be tough, I'd probably have to throw out the tank or tip depending on who it was).

Have you ever bummed someone a vape? How about bummed a vape to a smoker who ran out?

I have to say I have bummed a vape. Before I knew what vaping was my buddy had an ecig and I took a few hits to see what it was about. I have let a few friends try mine. I have yet to convert them though.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I've thought about that. I have one friend in particular who always used to bum cigs from me all summer long. I've wondered what will happen now that I'm vaping and she smells these great flavors wafting towards her. I thought maybe I'd order some of those tips you can get and toss, but I'll probably just have an extra batt or one of my cig a likes around so a couple of my closest friends can try it out. I want to get anyone I can get onto the vaping band wagon as opposed to smoking....just don't want to be the "source" every time I see them. I have given the link to this site to a few folks. So far none of them have checked it out. But...a world where there are vapers everywhere....I like the idea of that....even though things are not looking real positive in that arena at the moment, and that's something we're really going to have to fight hard for. Great topic!

I guess I've been seeing the threats and fears of threats for so long and we continually win against those threats that I find it easy to imagine a future where ecigs replace tobacco smoke and are accepted.
I've have also not only seen more doctors getting behind vaping, I saw my own doctor go from oblivious about vaping to sounding like a vaper who reads ECF.

The ANTZ have taken on a losing battle with their anti-ecig stuff. They didn't get on it fast enough to turn the lies they are trying into accepted "truth". Now they're coming out with not banning access to minors, they're as good as buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread