Can I have this many bad batteries? Protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I'm very frustrated with my batteries.........I think. I have like 10 14500 protected batteries I'm rotating. Can they ALL be bad? I just don't get this and I'm "curious" if it could be my switch. I'll put in a new battery, vape is okay for a while then it crashes within an hour or so and I have weanie vape and I have to keep putting in new batteries almost as bad as a standard 510. I know it shouldn't be this way, but it's constant. Most these batteries are really fairly new. Could this have ANYTHING to do with my switch? I just can't pop in a batty and enjoy my protege all day without constant frustration.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
PS: I have another 14500 mod coming soon and I'm going to probably KNOW my answer when I start using the battys in that mod. IF they work for several hours without problems, then I know it has to be my switch. If they do the same thing, then I guess I have total junk 10 batteries. I am getting better power and throat hits off a standard 510 batty.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Well....it takes about 2 hours each time to charge them so it seems they are being charged. I do have a brand new spare charger as a back up that I have not tried. But it really shouldn't be like this should it? I just have such massive inconsistencies. I have had the power and good vape from it before, but it won't stay consistent, it's constant fussing.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Like right now, if I push the switch, nothing, you hear nothing. Then I have to push real HARD to get it to sizzle. So basically when I push the switch there is no activation at all. I have to push down hard then I feel like a padding and then it will make a small sizzle. I love this thing to pieces, but it has been frustrating me for a long time and I don't think it should be this way and I keep thinking it's the batteries, but something is just not right.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Yea sounds like you are not getting good contact between switch and adaptor... Maybe. Those protected batteries could be doing something weird to the spring compressing it too much and it has become weak. Therefore not pushing the switch housing against the adaptor cap. Just what I can think of. I know those protected batts are just a slight bit longer than the non-protected ones... Do you have any un-protected batts to try?

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Like right now, if I push the switch, nothing, you hear nothing. Then I have to push real HARD to get it to sizzle. So basically when I push the switch there is no activation at all. I have to push down hard then I feel like a padding and then it will make a small sizzle.

Sounds like the switch. You might want to put a small disc of thin cardboard or rubber under the button so you don't have to press so hard. I'd also disassemble everything and thoroughly clean ALL your connections. An eraser works great on the brass.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Like right now, if I push the switch, nothing, you hear nothing. Then I have to push real HARD to get it to sizzle. So basically when I push the switch there is no activation at all. I have to push down hard then I feel like a padding and then it will make a small sizzle. I love this thing to pieces, but it has been frustrating me for a long time and I don't think it should be this way and I keep thinking it's the batteries, but something is just not right.

That is exactly what mine was doing when I FIRST got it... I had to push REAL hard to get activation. You may be only getting part of the actual voltage. You should ask for a replacement. Is your switch housing plastic or delron. Plastic is kinda grey and the delron is a shiny black color. They were having troubles with the plastic starting to conduct.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
It's been doing this for a long time. It only worked right for about the first week. I then got frustrated for a long time, but didn't say anything, then I said something and someone said to push the switch up and the whole thing came apart and I put it back together and then it worked all of a sudden for a day or so then it went back to doing this again.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
That is exactly what mine was doing when I FIRST got it... I had to push REAL hard to get activation. You may be only getting part of the actual voltage. You should ask for a replacement. Is your switch housing plastic or delron. Plastic is kinda grey and the delron is a shiny black color. They were having troubles with the plastic starting to conduct.

It is shiny black so it is not the plastic.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
yea I would ask them to look at it. I am sure Steve would sort it out for you no problems. He got mine back to me lickety split. And since then NO PROBLEMS.

I guess I should....I'll wait until I get this other mod so I'm not without anything. So should it fire when you just barely push in the switch or do ya'll have to push it in and push a little further?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread