The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can I put evod heads in the Protank Mini

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by traderljp, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    I am really enjoying my evods that came in a few days ago from Fasttech (thanks for the suggestion aglet), they are a great improvement on the ce4's that came with my ego starter kit a couple of weeks ago.

I need to expand my tank collection to include some glass/pyrex so that I can order some juices that usually crack the plastic tanks. I have focused in on the protank mini, mainly because it looks like the size of the evods, which I like the look of on my thin ego batteries. I would love to know if the protank mini accepts the heads for the evods? I bought way too many extra evod heads when I was having a Fasttech binge:blush: and I would like to get a glass tank that I can use them with.

Thanks! LJP

2. SilverZero

SilverZero Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    Illinois, USA
    Yes, the Protank, Protank 2, Protank Mini, EVOD, etc. all use the same heads.

3. TFL!

TFL! Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Chatfield, MN, USA
  4. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    assembled the Protank Mini is 1/2 inch taller than the EVOD

width is the same

5. traderljp

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    SilverZero...thanks so much! Glad to hear that I can still use them.

TFL, all of the extra evod heads (and the heads that came in the evod) are all the short stem kind. Here is the link to the five pack that I decided I couldn't live without 6 of :p https://www.fasttech.com/p/1386200 .

6. traderljp

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    Moonlit...that is interesting. I have never seen one in person. I guess I noticed the width more than the height in all of the pictures. Thanks for the info!

7. SilverZero

SilverZero Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    Illinois, USA
    Those aren't the authentic Kanger heads, and they look a little different. They will probably work but no guarantees.

8. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    The exception to the "etc." would be the head for the T3s & MT3s is different and isn't interchangeable with any of the above.

9. Dsim4

Dsim4 Full Member

Jul 7, 2013
    chicago
    potionvape is coming out with the mini protank 2 with the removable drip tip next week. booyah!

10. traderljp

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    Yeah, I guess buying in bulk from Fasttech might have been a bit impulsive. The extra Fasttech heads do fit perfectly in the evod.

Oh, well...I hope they'll work in the protank mini as well.

11. italianjoe69

italianjoe69 Full Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Palm Bay, FL
    I use the same coil for my EVODs, T3S, mini T3S, MT3S, and ProTank 2. No leaking but I do get some gurgling occasionally. That might be from the coils I removed 1 of the flavor wicks from though. With the (M)T3S line and ProTank 2 Kanger has gone to a single coil for all. I'm sure the mini ProTank 2 will follow suit. If you have the old style (M)T3 with the coil attached to the base you can by the new (M)T3S base and convert it to be an (M)T3S.

12. edlavey

edlavey New Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Excellent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.