Can I reuse my cartos with different flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi. First of all, I haven't vaped yet! I'm just ordering my pv today! :) I have about 20 little bottles of different flavors of juice to try, mostly tobacco flavors. Do you think I could wash and reuse my cartos with similar flavors and get their true taste? I'm asking because I don't want to have to buy 20 cartos...too expensive! How do you wash out cartos? Thank you!!!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
You can was the wash and reuse them with a different flavor but it really isn't worth the trouble and polyfill cartos are never quite the same after washing. It is better to get an atomizer and drip for trying new flavors and use the cartos for the ones you really like.

...this...+1...............................:2cool:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
You can rinse them out, boil them and let them dry a couple of days. You can accelerate drying time by either using a food dehydrator or in the oven on warm. I usually lay them on a paper towel, warm the oven, then leave the oven light on all night to keep them warm.

Thank you so much for your tips!!! I appreciate it! :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
You can was the wash and reuse them with a different flavor but it really isn't worth the trouble and polyfill cartos are never quite the same after washing. It is better to get an atomizer and drip for trying new flavors and use the cartos for the ones you really like.

Hi! Thanks a lot for the info and idea!!! :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I found a video that might help, but to tell you the truth, I never re-use cartos for a different eliquid. I would suggest buying some blanks and just using them on one juice. Good luck! :)

VapeTalk - How to Properly Clean and re-use Cartomizers - YouTube

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion with me! I'm going to check out that video but I may end up just buying enough cartos for all my juices even if it's a little expensive. Especially since trevor said that cartos aren't the same after you wash them. I just got so many flavors this month to find a tobacco flavor I liked and to find out which vendor's juices I liked best. I don't plan on trying 20 a month in the future so this would be a one time XL purchase! :)

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
i'm still very new to the whole flavors bit and using cartos...but, here is a penny---thankfully, i have an atomizer and can initially "taste" before filling a carto. however, i've found that while i may actually be ok with a few hits of a flavor--that some will taste a bit different when i fill the carto or maybe, may actually kick in and tell me "no" after a bit. for me, i have found that adding a tobacco flavor to it helps. just an fyi in case you run into similar.
:2c: :D

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
i'm still very new to the whole flavors bit and using cartos...but, here is a penny---thankfully, i have an atomizer and can initially "taste" before filling a carto. however, i've found that while i may actually be ok with a few hits of a flavor--that some will taste a bit different when i fill the carto or maybe, may actually kick in and tell me "no" after a bit. for me, i have found that adding a tobacco flavor to it helps. just an fyi in case you run into similar.
:2c: :D

Thank you for sharing!!! Those are some good observations!!!

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
In my experience washing them is a waste. They are either not the same or ruined after I do it. But some members here swear by it. I usually get about 15 mls through a carto before it's not up to my vaping standard. "Well done my good and faithful servant" Then I throw it in the trash. But, if you have a relatively new carto and want to change liquids, you can.
IE: I just vaped about 5ml of banana and realized I was out of banana. I just dropped strawberry into the carto and kept on going. For a while it tasted like strawberry/banana. After a ml or so through it, it tastes just like the strawberry always does. So if the flavors are complimentary, do it, or find a flavor that is. I've actually found some of my favorite mixes this way.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
In my experience washing them is a waste. They are either not the same or ruined after I do it. But some members here swear by it. I usually get about 15 mls through a carto before it's not up to my vaping standard. "Well done my good and faithful servant" Then I throw it in the trash. But, if you have a relatively new carto and want to change liquids, you can.
IE: I just vaped about 5ml of banana and realized I was out of banana. I just dropped strawberry into the carto and kept on going. For a while it tasted like strawberry/banana. After a ml or so through it, it tastes just like the strawberry always does. So if the flavors are complimentary, do it, or find a flavor that is. I've actually found some of my favorite mixes this way.

Thank you for the info!!! I decided that for these juices I'm going to buy a carto for each because I want to be sure I get the truest flavor I can of each because I bought so many tobacco flavored ones to find my everyday vape. In the future I'm sure I'll use similar flavors in one carto and even mix flavors but right now I'm such a noob I don't want to experiment! :)

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Thank you for the info!!! I decided that for these juices I'm going to buy a carto for each because I want to be sure I get the truest flavor I can of each because I bought so many tobacco flavored ones to find my everyday vape. In the future I'm sure I'll use similar flavors in one carto and even mix flavors but right now I'm such a noob I don't want to experiment! :)

Go ahead and play, this is fun, not science. Who'd of thought mango tastes good with Desert Ship tobacco? I won't vape Desert ship without it now. Throw in some vanilla and caramel and it's even better.

yepimonfire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In my experience washing them is a waste.

i've also found washing them never really totally removes the flavor. the only way to get rid of one flavor is to add another flavor in once the carto is running close to empty and just keep going. eventually the previous flavor leaves. the only flavors i've had NOT ever leave is tobacco flavors and menthol flavors. those just seem to hang around indefinitely. especially menthol. once i put menthol in a carto it stays menthol forever :D

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
i've also found washing them never really totally removes the flavor. the only way to get rid of one flavor is to add another flavor in once the carto is running close to empty and just keep going. eventually the previous flavor leaves. the only flavors i've had NOT ever leave is tobacco flavors and menthol flavors. those just seem to hang around indefinitely. especially menthol. once i put menthol in a carto it stays menthol forever :D

I've heard that about menthol juices too! I didn't realize that tobacco flavors linger around too! Thanks for sharing that info.! :)

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

i agree with this,,it would be cheaper to buy one atomizer and some cartridges to sample the flavors..

if you go with the carto idea,,quick and easy way to dry them is lay them on a towel in front of your laptop exhaust fan port :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
i agree with this,,it would be cheaper to buy one atomizer and some cartridges to sample the flavors..

if you go with the carto idea,,quick and easy way to dry them is lay them on a towel in front of your laptop exhaust fan port :)

That's a pretty smart idea! :) I think I have to look up online how to use an atomizer. I am clueless as to how they work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread