Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I have nine eGo batteries (Litecig, Cignot, Madvapes, all Joye batts) dead and lying in the drawer. They've died over the past 6-12 months and I haven't been able to get rid of them, thinking some miracle will occur and they'll come back.
Some will light when placed in charger, some won't. Anyone ever have any luck in bringing back an eGo batt? I'm considering letting them soak, screw and button end down, in a bowl of isopropyl alcohol to see if any juice can be dislodge or cleaned from inside the button or connection. Anyone tried this or have a better way that's worked? If this doesn't work...anyone want to buy some dead eGo batts?

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I have nine eGo batteries (Litecig, Cignot, Madvapes, all Joye batts) dead and lying in the drawer. They've died over the past 6-12 months and I haven't been able to get rid of them, thinking some miracle will occur and they'll come back.
Some will light when placed in charger, some won't. Anyone ever have any luck in bringing back an eGo batt? I'm considering letting them soak, screw and button end down, in a bowl of isopropyl alcohol to see if any juice can be dislodge or cleaned from inside the button or connection. Anyone tried this or have a better way that's worked? If this doesn't work...anyone want to buy some dead eGo batts?

Give them the old "sniff test".... if you can detect the aroma of smoldering electrical components.. then the output MOSFET is probably fried (usually due to a bad atty or cartomizer)... and all of the soaking in the world isn't going to bring them back. You would need to crack them open and replace the MOSFET (assuming the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) isn't also toasted beyond use). Another failure mode has to do with an "iffy" connection at the base of the battery... at the end cap. There is an internal solder joint there, and sometimes shock and vibration will knock it loose. That's much easier to fix, but you still need to crack the unit open.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
UPDATE: I soaked the screw end and switch in a small bowl of isopropyl alcohol and so far it appears 5 of 9 have"come back to life". Not sure yet how strong.
When I began, the button light on most would not come on when I pushed it or when the were screwed into the charger. After soaking them for about 4-5 hours and drying them, 5 of 9 lit up when I screwed them into the charger and they have charged. Using one right now. I should add that the black covering on two and the pink covering on one of my wife's bubbled up and I peeled them off. Yea, new steel batts!
Can't say this will work for every batt but it was worth a try and now I have "new" batteries I thought were dead.

Last edited:

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
I wonder if that is what is currently happening with my "big" 510 batteries (fat, that is, two 1300 Mah and one 900 Mah)

All of these have done the same thing. When I put this one LR atty on them they won't turn off, after quickly removing that atty, they do any and all attys the same way, turns on and I quicking have to take off the atty to keep it burning up.

BTW, I have tossed that atty as it had now done this to 3 batteries.

I wish there was some "fix" but probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread