Can I smoke a basic ecig in the bathroom at work and not be caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Neuschel

Dec 2, 2015
We have a bathroom in the break room at work. I just started vaping again. I don't have a high tech mod just an old school, simple ecig. Its disposable thingy. E go c twist. I have a Berry flavor ejuice in it now. No ecigs allowed except in smoking area outside. I was thinking if every once in a while take a hit when I use the bathroom but with the fan on. Just to get rid of my regular cigarette craving. I've read that you can smell certain ejuices better than others. I'm not a hard core vapor, just a noobie with a simple ecig. So if a Co worker walked in bathroom right after me could they smell it even with fan on? If others we're in break room, or my manager happened to be in that room could they smell it through the bottom of door? I work at a dog play place, and I would never smoke it near the dogs. That place always smells like dogs, just don't want to get caught.

Reactions: thetrucker

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
I do it all the time, but only while in the stall *ahem* attending to other matters, even while others are coming and going. I've never been asked about it, and if I am, I would act horrified that anyone would dare question the smell of my bodily functions.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I think there are many of us who resort to the bathroom in the workplace. Using a basic ecig is handy as it doesn't give off big plumes. Holding the vapor a bit or blowing it down into your shirt works. A little stonger nic makes one or two puffs more satisfying in that situation as well. I would recommend using an unflavored nic liquid to be safe. I happen to use a lightly flavored mint/menthol, which I can use most anywhere as it has little odor. My wife uses it in the bathroom at the hospital she works at.

In my opinion, no strong tasty flavor is really necessary to stay off the smokes at work if it puts your job at risk.

Scott Neuschel

Dec 2, 2015
If you value your job, respecting the rules of your employer is always the better choice.[/QUOTE
If you value your job, respecting the rules of your employer is always the better choice.
Thanks. I do value it and I am always a respectable smoker. Just looking for a quick way to suffice nicotein cravings between breaks.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Did you smoke cigarettes in the bathroom?

If you didn't smoke regular cigs there then why would you vape there?

Weigh the pros and the cons and see if it's worth it to you! Lots of people do it and don't get caught, but there's always that one person who does eventually get caught. Just think about it...

Good luck either way.

KeepNitReel

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Petersburg,Va
As long as the vapor is not lingering around you should be fine. Any smell other than tobacco shouldn't be a problem. So what if it smells like fruits, Carmel or apple pie? It could be your own personal air freshener you sprayed for all anyone knows.

I'm glad I work at a place that actually allows smoking and vaping inside.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I was waiting in a doctor's small office yesterday & was stealthing a quick vape when he walked in. I held my breath while listening & exhaled while talking. He didn't seem to notice a thing.
With bathroom smells & dog smells, you should be fine as long as the flavor fits the environment.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
get your bottle of juice out, open it and put a tiny drop of juice on your finger tip, lick it up. Do a tiny drop, just a smear... it will help relieve the cravings.... I do this trick when in places I cant vape and the urge is too much to avoid.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Dont do anything we suggest. Think about it and do what YOU can afford.

Where I work there is a STRONG anti smoking presence. a lot of smokers have switched to vaping. Now a lot of the higher ups are starting to come down on Vaping as well. to many idiots stepping out the front doors and "Clouds Brah!" so if anyone is caught vaping inside there is an immediat weeks vacation waiting for them. That said I simply go in my private office, lock the door and take a couple hits. I have one of those Glade plug in air freshners and on the rare occasion that someone comes in my office post vape they simply think they are smelling that. But I know if I get caught I get a week off.

It all comes down to what you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread