Can I still use batteries that have....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bejeebus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2009
VT ~ USA
I use AW 18650s - they seem to last forever and now I am noticing that a couple of them the bottom part of the plastic shrinkwrap cover cracked away from the main sleeve so that now it is kind of a flap of plastic. I have kept on using them making sure to push that little flap up into the tube before threading in the bottom of my mod (Zenesis Standard). Is this safe??? I worry about it.. which is a good signal usually. But figured I would ask someone who may actually know.

Thanks for your replies!

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
DSC_8571_1373532703.jpg DSC_8566_1373532698.jpg DSC_8569_1373532705.jpg

I do not know exactly but just want to share my opinion. As you can see the above image, the PVC sealed just used to cover the battery core (this is a protected battery). So I think if the PVC sealed was not tear along the connector (the thin and small nickel sheet) between the positive and the protected board, you are good to go. And if you use a non protected battery I think you do not need to care about it.

I sorry to miss the word "bottom". I think you should covered the battery with the new PVC sealed if you use a protected battery (to hold the PCB in right position). And if you use a non protected battery I think you do not need to care about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread