Can I trust these clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
Hey guys, so I've been looking at getting into rebuildables but I don't have a lot of money so I was going to get a few clones of some good RDAs that people on here said were their favourites. But I've read that materials out of China can be god-knows-what, even if labeled as stainless steel?? Was wondering what you guys think, if the label is SS is it going to be SS? Or likely not?
The websites I was looking at are 3fvape and efun.top does anyone know if these are trustworthy?
Also one of the ones I was going to get is a Baal v3 which comes with 'stainless steel' deck but a copper sleeve, would this be safe to vape on?

Baal V3 22mm Black RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
5ml Geekvape Avocado 24 RDTA Tank - $19.99
http://www.efun.top/wotofo-freakshow-mini.htmlhttp://www.efun.top/wotofo-freakshow-mini.html

Thanks all

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hey guys, so I've been looking at getting into rebuildables but I don't have a lot of money so I was going to get a few clones of some good RDAs that people on here said were their favourites. But I've read that materials out of China can be god-knows-what, even if labeled as stainless steel?? Was wondering what you guys think, if the label is SS is it going to be SS? Or likely not?
The websites I was looking at are 3fvape and efun.top does anyone know if these are trustworthy?
Also one of the ones I was going to get is a Baal v3 which comes with 'stainless steel' deck but a copper sleeve, would this be safe to vape on?

Baal V3 22mm Black RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
5ml Geekvape Avocado 24 RDTA Tank - $19.99
http://www.efun.top/wotofo-freakshow-mini.htmlhttp://www.efun.top/wotofo-freakshow-mini.html

Thanks all
I use rda's exclusively. All but one came from fasttech. None of them was flawed or poorly made. The one I settled on and use exclusively is the SV rda clone. But I do MTL at under 30 watts. I've bought nearly all my vape hardware from FT and not disappointed yet. They want repeat business just like every other retailer.

If you are in a hurry you need to observe stock status. A lot of stuff from FT might take some days before it ships. But I ordered an Evic Basic from them this morning, the only item in the order, and it was shipped within an hour.

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
Thanks for the response! I was looking at fasttech but it seemed they didn't really have good deals on the ones I wanted. Given FT's popularity on the forum I doubt there's a question as to whether their stuff is legit. My question is more with these other sites, can I trust that when they say 304SS is it actually going to be 304SS or does it often happen that some websites and/or manufacturers lie about this?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks for the response! I was looking at fasttech but it seemed they didn't really have good deals on the ones I wanted. Given FT's popularity on the forum I doubt there's a question as to whether their stuff is legit. My question is more with these other sites, can I trust that when they say 304SS is it actually going to be 304SS or does it often happen that some websites and/or manufacturers lie about this?
I have probably ordered $700 or more from FT.

I have only had 2 1/2 issues with them.

1./@ battery pack to recharge my phone. Arrived DOA.
2. I bought two Hurricane RTAs and 5 spare bell caps to resell. One of the bellcaps arrived broken
2 1/2 i bought a Kayfun lite plus V2 base because i wanted MTL vaping.

Opened tge Kayfun and installed coil abd wick on the new base. That O ring was weak and it leaked. Removed the weak O ring and inserted a spare. my little Kayfun has not leaked a drop since installing the new O ring.

Very pleased with service from FT.

Reactions: mauricem00

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
Guys.. I appreciate the responses, but I'm sorry, no where in my post did I ask about fasttech..
Now if you're offering these experiences as examples of how cheap gear can still be decent, then okay, but it would be good to state that's the point you're making. But it's still pretty irrelevant as even if the equipment functions correctly, that gives no indication of the materials it's made out of; what I'm asking is if anyone knows of cases where a cheap RDA has been labeled as SS but turns out (tested) as something else? Or has any experience with these particular websites? I'll paraphrase one redditor: 'China: where stainless steel is a color' lol.
I know a lot of you will say that if I want to be sure, buy authentic; but I just can't afford $70 (+wire,wick) for one tank which may or may not be what works for me..
Am I being paranoid, and should trust these websites, or do you think it's a big gamble and I can't be sure what I'm getting?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yep another FT user. And satisfied with all of my purchases.
Could be slightly quicker shipping, but for the price you can't beat em:lol:
Absolutely.

I have spent over $700 at FT and only had 2 1/2 issues.

I have had 10 times the trouble with authentic attys than i ever had with clones, and about 95% of my vape gear came from FT.

Attys, coils, etc i get clones.

Mods I get authentic.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
First, FT is a clearing house much like Amazon. Somethings they have on hand, somethings that have to call the factory for. Odd that it is, there are different factories making their own version of the same authentic. Again, sadly they don't like to say what factory is making it, so getting a reading on the factory is hard. For me, I read the reviews and the discussions, all of them. I also look for SKU numbers and any reviews/opinions posted on forums.

With all that in mind, I haven't had much problem getting a decent product, it just takes time and effort.

I also use 3FVape. I just received 6 KV5 toppers. I have three cleaned, parts reviewed, built, and filled. They seem to work smoothly, no leaks...I don't know about the other popular clones for the KV5, I just got these because 3F seems to look for better clones to put on their site. 6-7 purchases with them now and always good. Cost a little more, though. Travel time is about the same.

As an overall experience with clones, do the homework and you'll get a better clone. I do have some authentic, but if I work for good clones, I can get 4-5 toppers for the same cost. I don't do clones with getting mods, though. That is a safety thing to me.

Hope helps.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't know fun.top, but have ordered from 3F a few times with no trouble.
I, too, am a regular Fasttech customer - the trick with either site probably is to
a) read carefully - "style" means clone...
b) if available, read the reviews and comments

I don't know about the copper sleeve - if you're worried about SS not being true SS, then I'd think you'd probably also want to avoid metals like brass and copper contacting your liquid...

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
seems like a none issue.if your not sure and you have a hang up about the material than don't buy it. but I have never read anything about anyone being harmed by the material their RDA was made from.

I've read a lot of material stating that you don't want anything other than surgical grade stainless for your RDAs. Ofc there probably wouldn't be many cases of someone having an extreme reaction to some other grade, but rather it would build up over time. I have a hang up as you say because reading people's posts has made me paranoid lol! About not only the effects but that often something labeled as SS would just be a SS coating. I was just wondering if this were true.

First, FT is a clearing house much like Amazon. Somethings they have on hand, somethings that have to call the factory for. Odd that it is, there are different factories making their own version of the same authentic. Again, sadly they don't like to say what factory is making it, so getting a reading on the factory is hard. For me, I read the reviews and the discussions, all of them. I also look for SKU numbers and any reviews/opinions posted on forums.

With all that in mind, I haven't had much problem getting a decent product, it just takes time and effort.

I also use 3FVape. I just received 6 KV5 toppers. I have three cleaned, parts reviewed, built, and filled. They seem to work smoothly, no leaks...I don't know about the other popular clones for the KV5, I just got these because 3F seems to look for better clones to put on their site. 6-7 purchases with them now and always good. Cost a little more, though. Travel time is about the same.

As an overall experience with clones, do the homework and you'll get a better clone. I do have some authentic, but if I work for good clones, I can get 4-5 toppers for the same cost. I don't do clones with getting mods, though. That is a safety thing to me.

Hope helps.

Thanks for the input on 3F! & for the SKU numbers, I'll definitely see if I can dig a bit deeper with those.
I agree 100% I always try to do as much research as I can before getting new kit. But there's only so much research I can do as to whether the sites are lying to me or not haha! & Google yields nothing so far.

I don't know fun.top, but have ordered from 3F a few times with no trouble.
I, too, am a regular Fasttech customer - the trick with either site probably is to
a) read carefully - "style" means clone...
b) if available, read the reviews and comments

I don't know about the copper sleeve - if you're worried about SS not being true SS, then I'd think you'd probably also want to avoid metals like brass and copper contacting your liquid...

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, I probably will not get the one with the copper sleeve. I was just wondering if anyone knew if that was safe, cos on reddit there were a few people saying that they wouldn't vape anything with a copper base and would stick to RDAs with SS base and copper sleeve..
It's all just so ......n confusing. I wouldn't have thought it would be so difficult to find a product if I want to be confident that I'm not going to be lung-hitting poison..

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
Sorry if I'm being difficult, I just want to ascertain the knowledge of those in this forum as my experience and reading consistently shows that this here forum is the authority, the ma'f***in BOSS! lol
& Still wondering about the labeling of simply 'Stainless steel' surely where most are specified 304 or 316, this simple label must be something else right?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Thanks for the input on 3F! & for the SKU numbers, I'll definitely see if I can dig a bit deeper with those. I agree 100% I always try to do as much research as I can before getting new kit. But there's only so much research I can do as to whether the sites are lying to me or not haha! & Google yields nothing so far.

SKU numbers are assigned to each item on FT. People with good purchases sometimes write down the SKU number that they bought so that they can go back. Read the reviews and discussions and notice if another item (w/SKU #) is spoken of positively.

It is a bit of work to keep track of all the clones available, so I look for people (reviews, discussions) on FT that mention SKU numbers. Also, some people mention SKU numbers on the this and other forums.

Properties of metals can be said as one thing and then, in reality, it is just a coating. OR, maybe it is 100%. Read the reviews and discussions.

Good luck.

Reactions: JaxTel

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
SKU numbers are assigned to each item on FT. People with good purchases sometimes write down the SKU number that they bought so that they can go back. Read the reviews and discussions and notice if another item (w/SKU #) is spoken of positively.

It is a bit of work to keep track of all the clones available, so I look for people (reviews, discussions) on FT that mention SKU numbers. Also, some people mention SKU numbers on the this and other forums.

Properties of metals can be said as one thing and then, in reality, it is just a coating. OR, maybe it is 100%. Read the reviews and discussions.

Good luck.

I will only look at items with reviews, it's just that most people review performance and build quality. Which is all very well and good, useful information, but I'm guessing most people buying clones don't exactly care what it's made from lol.
I'll keep doing my research. Thanks bud:)

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I will only look at items with reviews, it's just that most people review performance and build quality. Which is all very well and good, useful information, but I'm guessing most people buying clones don't exactly care what it's made from lol.
I'll keep doing my research. Thanks bud:)
You would be surprised at how much research people who buy clones put in. I'm one of them. I don't just pick one. You tube, forums, site reviews. There are so many to chose from and I don't want a .... clone. Even if it is cheep. The people who go back and write reviews on the sites understand this and pass on there experience with there purchase. 3fvape sells SMJY and SXK clones and they get good reviews. I think SMJY is a little better. And there stuff is posted as ss316 or 304 from my experience. Just don't buy .... that's painted if you are soo worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread