Can i use a differint vapes battery with a different coil and tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Well we need more info, the tank on the twister is a freemax fireluke 2 and uses a range of coils that are twister friendly, now if the tank you want to use is the smok prince on the twister, depending on the coil you have in it will work perfectly well,(in brackets, but why would you want to use the smok prince on the twister when the fireluke outperforms in in every way and the fireluke coils are superb 10 times better than the smok stuff)

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Can i use a differint vapes battery with a different coil and tank?

The battery is from my FREEMAX 80W twister and the coild and tank is from the smok stick prince
As a general rule if the threads of the tanks will screw on the battery connection then you are good to go. These days, most of the popular tanks all come with what we know as a 510 thread on the end where it screws onto a battery and most popular battery's do support a 510 connection. However, you must check the coils you are using to make sure that the battery can power the new tanks coils. eg. The resistance(ohms) of some coils can go so low that the battery you are wanting to use is not capable of firing that low. (these are generally coils that you would build yourself, but you get the idea)

Good luck and welcome to ecf.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
yes, like sugar says. if the tank screws into the mod (battery) you should be good to go. remember to set the wattage/power to the recommendation on the coils of the tank, i.e. if the smok coils say 50-60w, twist the wattage ring on the twister to 50-60w.

don't worry abt the aforemention resistance issues; you're not using these types of tanks/coils.

fyi, you might want to learn the name of your tank and the specs of the coils. watch a couple of youtube reviews of your gear to learn more abt them. it'll come in handy if you ever want to improvise or make more informed desicions. (i did last a while going to the vapeshop and saying i want coils for the kit i bought from you and then going my way, later i realized each worker had to figure out on his own what kit i might have got and choose, probably at random, the coils i should take for it)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  • Useful
Reactions: virm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread