Can I use a dripping atomizer with a Vision Spinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Digital Cigz has Joyetech 510 Atomizer 5-Pack (2.3ohm) for $14.95. Use the coupon code VAPELAUNCH to bring the price down to $11.96. That's a really good price for genuine Joye atties.

I would also suggest that you try a SR510 (Cisco Spec) 2.5ohm Bridgeless Atomizer to see if you prefer it to the Joye's.

If you end up preferring the Cisco spec to the Joye's give the HH.357 a try. They seem expensive but as long as you don't burn out the coil or weld the coils completely together with gunk Hanna will rehab them for a shipping fee. There is a video on Avid's site below the HH.357 description about how to take care of it. Avid is also very responsive to requests for help if you are having any issues with their products.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I use all sorts of dripping attys on my Spinners.

I've put 510 and 901 attys from AquaVaporCigs on them. Cisco-Spec 510s. Phoenix RBAs. Octopus RDAs. Terminator TT RDAs. They all work just fine, (but the 901's obviously need an adapter.)

If you don't want to get into a big VV or VW mod like a Provari, eVic, or some such thing, but you want to really optimize the performance of a dripping atty, the variable voltage of the eGo Twist will get you there.

So yeah, knock yourself out! As long as you're not using super-low resistance hand-wrapped coils in an RDA (and by that I mean below 1.5ohms), you should be fine.

Vape on!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
so $25 is cheap?

Well when you consider the outstanding performance/flavor that an HH357 atty delivers vs other disposible attys, then yes!!
I'm no expert, started dripping only about a month ago, but I have had great success with a standard Joye 510 atomizer on an ego twist. I set the voltage a little over 4.
Im am an expert at dripping, as its the only way I like to vape( 3 3/4 years)..........Joyes are not even in the same leauge as an HH......The difference is night and day.......
You want cheap then the Cisco and the Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm are the way to go....still not an HH357, its the best disposable atty available....

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I have yet to figure out how one keeps a Joye 510 in the Goldilocks zone between not to dry and flooded. The HH.357 is a piece of cake for me to keep properly saturated.

I would also completely agree with Riverboat that I found the Joye’s flavor/performance to be significantly inferior to even the Cisco spec atty. However, the HH.357 is the cream of the crop for me.

I would strongly encourage any new vaper to get an HH.357 before spending much money on other juice delivery devices. I wish someone had told me that the HH.357 is the gold standard for judging other juice delivery devices when I started vaping. Nothing else I’ve tried comes close in performance/taste, including my rebuildable RDAs and RBAs.

While the taste/performance of the HH.357 blows me away I detest the dripping process. Gadgets that require frequent attention on my part irritate me no end. The AMP Tanks solved that problem for me but they are quite expensive. That said, I would happily trade every other juice delivery device I own for one AMP Tank.

aggo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Go for it! Here's one of mine....not the greatest photo.

PICT1827.jpg

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I have yet to figure out how one keeps a Joye 510 in the Goldilocks zone between not to dry and flooded. The HH.357 is a piece of cake for me to keep properly saturated.

I would also completely agree with Riverboat that I found the Joye’s flavor/performance to be significantly inferior to even the Cisco spec atty. However, the HH.357 is the cream of the crop for me.

I would strongly encourage any new vaper to get an HH.357 before spending much money on other juice delivery devices. I wish someone had told me that the HH.357 is the gold standard for judging other juice delivery devices when I started vaping. Nothing else I’ve tried comes close in performance/taste, including my rebuildable RDAs and RBAs.

While the taste/performance of the HH.357 blows me away I detest the dripping process. Gadgets that require frequent attention on my part irritate me no end. The AMP Tanks solved that problem for me but they are quite expensive. That said, I would happily trade every other juice delivery device I own for one AMP Tank.

Lets put it this way...I change out my HH357 once a month-even though they still work flavor and vapor diminish as the coil ages..Theres nothing like a fresh one..
My old ones I pass on to a freind...she loves them as even a 1 month old HH out performs a brand new Genuine Joye 510...
Peraspera Im an exclusive direct dripper.........but tell me do you really love the AMP tank? Does it leak, does it feed the atty easily?
Im currious as they are availble right now....

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
Im am an expert at dripping, as its the only way I like to vape( 3 3/4 years)..........Joyes are not even in the same leauge as an HH......The difference is night and day.......
You want cheap then the Cisco and the Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm are the way to go....still not an HH357, its the best disposable atty available....

Whoa, I wasn't saying Joyes were comparable to the HH. My post had nothing to do with the HH, actually. I have never tried an HH. The reason I suggested the Joye was I have used it on an ego twist and it worked well. Joyes are also inexpensive and readily available from a lot of vendors.

I did try an Empiremods 510 1.8, unfortunately it was a dud and quit working after an hour. It was very impressive while it worked though and EM is sending me out a replacement. Great customer service.

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
Never tried an HH? Its a must, you have no idea what you are missing..... Supercharge your vape!

At some point I'm sure I will. Figure I'll get a little more experience with cheaper atty's first.

Do you find much difference between the Empiremods and Cisco atty's?

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
At some point I'm sure I will. Figure I'll get a little more experience with cheaper atty's first.

Do you find much difference between the atty's?

Empiremods and Ciscos, about the same in the perfomance dept...both decent...
If you do make the switch to an HH357 there will no going back...they are that superior to others...
One thing to note...I sugesst you blow your attys out once a day to clear them...that helps keep them clean and free of gunk... When you blow out an HH357 atty you must blow from the threaded end only..thats what Hanna(builds the HH) will tell you... I dont dry burn them, it shortens a coils life, but some do... If you dry burn as soon as you see the coil glow orange---stop...thats all you need!! As coil ages its vapor production/ flavor will diminish... No aclcohol bath ect can bring an old coil back to life.... there is nothing like a brand new atty... The good news is that HH's will give great performance for 3-4 weeks easily, after that vapor production is still better then most but the flavor will be lost.. Some peolple use them for months on end...not me I like to keep my vaping experiance at peak levels... At $25 a month, a fresh HH is worth its price in gold:vapor:
Try the long barrel version, the extra length keeps the juice from sucking into your mouth:)

Last edited:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
but tell me do you really love the AMP tank? Does it leak, does it feed the atty easily?
Im currious as they are availble right now....

I got an AMP tank about 2 weeks ago, and they are amazing. You get the flavor and vapor of an atomizer, with the juice capacity of a carto tank. Best of both worlds...

I've used a Cisco Spec LR atty in it, and I'm currenly running a Terminator (Killer 705 clone) in it. Great vape, convenient and easy to carry around, and most importantly, I get all that flavor AND can use it while driving my car--which you can't do with a dripper... ;-)

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
Empiremods and Ciscos, about the same in the perfomance dept...both decent...
If you do make the switch to an HH357 there will no going back...they are that superior to others...
One thing to note...I sugesst you blow your attys out once a day to clear them...that helps keep them clean and free of gunk... When you blow out an HH357 atty you must blow from the threaded end only..thats what Hanna(builds the HH) will tell you... I dont dry burn them, it shortens a coils life, but some do... If you dry burn as soon as you see the coil glow orange---stop...thats all you need!! As coil ages its vapor production/ flavor will diminish... No aclcohol bath ect can bring an old coil back to life.... there is nothing like a brand new atty... The good news is that HH's will give great performance for 3-4 weeks easily, after that vapor production is still better then most but the flavor will be lost.. Some peolple use them for months on end...not me I like to keep my vaping experiance at peak levels... At $25 a month, a fresh HH is worth its price in gold:vapor:
Try the long barrel version, the extra length keeps the juice from sucking into your mouth:)

Thanks for all the great info, Riverboat.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I got an AMP tank about 2 weeks ago, and they are amazing. You get the flavor and vapor of an atomizer, with the juice capacity of a carto tank. Best of both worlds...

I've used a Cisco Spec LR atty in it, and I'm currenly running a Terminator (Killer 705 clone) in it. Great vape, convenient and easy to carry around, and most importantly, I get all that flavor AND can use it while driving my car--which you can't do with a dripper... ;-)

Give the HH.357 a try in your AMP Tank. I was only expecting a small difference in the taste/performance between the HH.357 and the Cisco spec that came with my AMP Tanks. I was pleasantly shocked at how much better the HH.357 was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread