Can I use any kind of rechargable batteries on Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
I was wondering if you can use any kind of triple A rechargable batteries on the Spade, like all the ones you see at places like Best Buy or Radio Shack, or does it have to be the ones you can only find on mod e-cig websites? Also, can you use ones with a different mAh? My Spade came with 2 triple AAA sized batteries that are 600mAh, so can I use 800mAh? And last question: Can you use any kind of rechargable battery chargers?

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I was wondering if you can use any kind of triple A rechargable batteries on the Spade, like all the ones you see at places like Best Buy or Radio Shack, or does it have to be the ones you can only find on mod e-cig websites? Also, can you use ones with a different mAh? My Spade came with 2 triple AAA sized batteries that are 600mAh, so can I use 800mAh? And last question: Can you use any kind of rechargable battery chargers?

You ask some tough / technical questions that I can't answer for you due to my lack of such knowledge, but you would be better posting this question under the Modders forum, specifically the Battery Mod section.

The voltage of the batteries you want to upgrade to must match the voltage of your original batteries. Size must also be similar. The mA refers to the batteries capacity, meaning how much reserve energy it can hold. A 900mA battery of the same voltage and size will last approximately 3 times as long as a 300mA battery.

Again, you will get really good answers in the Battery Mod section.

:thumb:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I think the Spade takes a 10440. The protected ones are just a tad bit bigger than the unprotected ones. You can use any brand of Lithium Ion 10440. You need to have a li-ion charger though. Do not put a Li-Ion battery in a NiCad or NiMh charger. You will damage both the battery and the charger if you do. If it was me, I would definitely go with protected batteries. For me the risk outweighs the little extra you'd pay for them. I bought mine off of EBay and they work great.

Edit to add: mAh refers to how long the battery will last. I use an 18650 with an mAh of 3000 in my Chuck and it lasts for 4 days.

Last edited:

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
They are not AAA like you are thinking. Most stores like Best Buy are not going to carry them. Don't use a AAA charger on those batteries. Unless you want to start a fire.

You need 10440 3.7V Batteries, and a charger that takes them. Normal AAA batteries only put out 1.5v.

Charger
Ultrafire wf-138 3.6 volt Lithium-Ion AA / AAA battery charger

Batteries

10440 AAA series Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries (10300 10330 10400 )

I think I'm a little thick-headed right now... So, regular duracell type AAA batteries are 1.5v and the voltage always has to match?

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
They are not AAA like you are thinking. Most stores like Best Buy are not going to carry them. Don't use a AAA charger on those batteries. Unless you want to start a fire.

You need 10440 3.7V Batteries, and a charger that takes them. Normal AAA batteries only put out 1.5v.

Charger
Ultrafire wf-138 3.6 volt Lithium-Ion AA / AAA battery charger

Batteries

10440 AAA series Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries (10300 10330 10400 )

Is all that stuff that's written on batteries important? Like the input and output v and w numbers. Is that how you tell what voltage it is?

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
You ask some tough / technical questions that I can't answer for you due to my lack of such knowledge, but you would be better posting this question under the Modders forum, specifically the Battery Mod section.

The voltage of the batteries you want to upgrade to must match the voltage of your original batteries. Size must also be similar. The mA refers to the batteries capacity, meaning how much reserve energy it can hold. A 900mA battery of the same voltage and size will last approximately 3 times as long as a 300mA battery.

Again, you will get really good answers in the Battery Mod section.

:thumb:

I can't seem to find the modder's forum, do you know where to look?

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
Yes the info is important. You can put the regular Duracells in there but it wont vape. Not enough voltage. The package should tell you what the voltage is.

Is all that stuff that's written on batteries important? Like the input and output v and w numbers. Is that how you tell what voltage it is?

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma

The first number is the size of the battery like how a battery is marked AA/AAA/C/D in your case 10440

The next number followed with mah tells you how long your battery will last

V tells you how much voltage the battery is rated at. Voltage(V) and the size of the battery is the most important numbers that do have to match.

Last edited:

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Like mentioned, you must make sure the voltage (3.0v, 3.7v, etc) matches what your device requires (or totals up to what it requires). Atomizers should not be run over 5 volts in most cases so if what your wanting to use will be over that, say 6 volts, you might want to rethink.

A good rule of thumb is keep your voltage below 5 volts and your atomizer should be happy.

maH is just how much current the battery will produce per hour. The more the better. For instance an 800mah battery will last longer than a 130mah battery. If I remember my electronics correctly, maH means that an 800mah battery will produce 800 millamps of current for one hour, constantly for one hour. Of course with ecigs, the battery is never on constantly for one hour, only seconds at a time.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
As far as battery chargers are concerned, never mix types of batteries with different chargers. Lithium chargers are for lithium. NiMH is for NiMH. NiCad is for Nicad. The reason for this is that different types of batteries require different methods of charging, to keep it simple. I could go into a lot more detail but it's not neccessary. Just remember that each has it's own and must be used as such.

Each battery type needs different charging currents and voltages to reach and each battery type is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread