Can I use cartomizers with my Icon v1.1 with v2 (moated) adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.B.

Dec 23, 2010
Cumming, GA
I rec'd my Icon yesterday and love it! I haven't switched a battery since! So it is quite a bit different from my Joye 510 units I was using.

At any rate, I purchased the ICON V1.1 - Full Kit - 510 and requested the v2 Moated adapter. I am having no problems with 510 atomizers. They seem to fit great and really work well on the Icon. When I tried to attach a cartomizer, it doesn't seem to fit (easily) so I stopped in fear of miss-threading the Icon itself.

Does anyone know if I can use cartomizers on it? I tried a Joye 510 Mega cartomizer and a regular Joye 510 cartomizer. Both felt the same way when I was attempting to thread.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. B.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hi Mr.B

I use the Joye 510 cartos - the type you fill with a syringe, just simply because I think they deliver the best flavor and vape of any carto I've tried and I've tried a lot of them.

On my Buzz (variable voltage) I use a KR808D-1 to 510 adapter to use the 510 cartos. I've found a large number of 510 cartos will not thread into the adapter. Some do and some don't.

I'm going to try using one of my wifes metal nail files to work the threads down a bit on the carto - I seem to remember reading something about doing this someplace here on ECF a long time ago.

In the meantime, try the other 510's you have. I think you'll find a few that will thread on correctly.

If I can think to do it, I'll come back by here and let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread