The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can I use store bought cigars to make juice?

Discussion in 'Liquid Extraction From Tobacco' started by Vic Vape, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vic Vape

Vic Vape Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2015
    Hey fellow vapers! I want to make juice from an expensive cigar, I'm under the impression that they have no addatives. I have the PG and VG and want 50/50. Appreciate it if someone knows a good way to extract the flavor and nicotine.

2. Dextrose

Dextrose Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome @Vic Vape to ECF :) i dont have an answer for you but im intested in knowing my self, im sure someone will drop by soon to answer.

3. Panorama911

Panorama911 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2012
    Kansas
    One cigar...I think the question will be, is that enough to get a reasonable amount of extract.:)

4. MagnusEunson

MagnusEunson Bearded Super Villain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    Nope - you'd be better off trying to crowdsource the formulation for it via Vapestarter (I just made that up) and a global network of cigar aficionados looking for a good vape.

That's more or less what I came to with certain pipe tobaccos I wanted to replicated .. -Mags

5. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    It's a big cigar lol...you may be right though. If I get a small amount on the first try that's ok. Thanks for the welcome Dextrose

6. Archer74

Archer74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    Illinois
    shred the cigar and soak it in distilled water to rehydrate the leaves - note how much water you used. cover it and let it stand to absorb the water. dump that into a blender and add enough ethyl alcohol(ethanol) to blend it. filter the mixture and squeeze out as much filtrate as you can. keep this liquid aside. soak the retentate(whats left in the filter) in alcohol again stir and let it stand for a few minutes then filter and squeeze again. add this liquid to the one you set aside or directly filter in to it. repeat filtration till the filtrate is clear. reduce the filtrate in a hot water bath - do not let the bath boil. add 30ml of PG when reduced to the same amount of water you used to rehydrate then let it reduce to 30ml. that would give you a cigar extract in 30ml PG

7. sparkky1

sparkky1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    And you vape that ?

8. MagnusEunson

MagnusEunson Bearded Super Villain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    *snip*

Now I have to try it .. any particular filter material to favor for best results? Thanks, -Mags

9. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Don't expect to get a measurable amount of nicotine from tobacco soak.

10. Archer74

Archer74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    Illinois
    I'm not a tobacco flavor vaper now. If the OP is certain there are no bad additives in the cigar he's going to use.

lab grade filter is best but 2 or 3 coffee filters should do.

--- DO NOT Try This on regular cigarettes. We had someone do this years ago. She boiled a pack of cigarettes and used the "broth" as an eliquid. She got sick from it.

11. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    If your looking to extract just the flavor you sure can. Just chop it up and cover with pg. Soak it for 30 days. Filter the concentrate a couple of times using a coffee filter I use mine as a flavor concentrate and mix it around 3%

12. sparkky1

sparkky1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    NET : Cold maceration : In 120 ml mason jar cut cigar in half not quite all the way through with exact o knife then cut into smaller 1/4 cuts should end up with three, drop in jar cover with 60 ml of PG add 10 ml of PGA 190.
    Steep in room temp in drawer / closet 5 -8 weeks.Drain juice in coffee press with a 5 micron filter paper twice.
    These work the best for me : http://cohiba.com/the-collection/cohiba-luxury-selection/

13. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    Thanks to all who have given their formulas!! Hey Sparkky, what is PGA190? Your way seems easier, don't mind waiting for it a fuew weeks. Thanks!

14. Hdivr

Hdivr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    Rolla MO
    PGA= Pure Grain Alcohol (190 proof). Also known as Everclear in Liquor Stores.

15. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    I used to drink that .... when I was younger lol thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.