Can I use store bought cigars to make juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
One cigar...I think the question will be, is that enough to get a reasonable amount of extract.:)

Nope - you'd be better off trying to crowdsource the formulation for it via Vapestarter (I just made that up) and a global network of cigar aficionados looking for a good vape.

That's more or less what I came to with certain pipe tobaccos I wanted to replicated .. -Mags

Archer74

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Illinois
shred the cigar and soak it in distilled water to rehydrate the leaves - note how much water you used. cover it and let it stand to absorb the water. dump that into a blender and add enough ethyl alcohol(ethanol) to blend it. filter the mixture and squeeze out as much filtrate as you can. keep this liquid aside. soak the retentate(whats left in the filter) in alcohol again stir and let it stand for a few minutes then filter and squeeze again. add this liquid to the one you set aside or directly filter in to it. repeat filtration till the filtrate is clear. reduce the filtrate in a hot water bath - do not let the bath boil. add 30ml of PG when reduced to the same amount of water you used to rehydrate then let it reduce to 30ml. that would give you a cigar extract in 30ml PG

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
shred the cigar and soak it in distilled water to rehydrate the leaves - note how much water you used. cover it and let it stand to absorb the water. dump that into a blender and add enough ethyl alcohol(ethanol) to blend it. filter the mixture and squeeze out as much filtrate as you can. keep this liquid aside. soak the retentate(whats left in the filter) in alcohol again stir and let it stand for a few minutes then filter and squeeze again. add this liquid to the one you set aside or directly filter in to it. repeat filtration till the filtrate is clear. reduce the filtrate in a hot water bath - do not let the bath boil. add 30ml of PG when reduced to the same amount of water you used to rehydrate then let it reduce to 30ml. that would give you a cigar extract in 30ml PG

And you vape that ?

Archer74

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Illinois
And you vape that ?
I'm not a tobacco flavor vaper now. If the OP is certain there are no bad additives in the cigar he's going to use.

*snip*

Now I have to try it .. any particular filter material to favor for best results? Thanks, -Mags
lab grade filter is best but 2 or 3 coffee filters should do.

--- DO NOT Try This on regular cigarettes. We had someone do this years ago. She boiled a pack of cigarettes and used the "broth" as an eliquid. She got sick from it.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
NET : Cold maceration : In 120 ml mason jar cut cigar in half not quite all the way through with exact o knife then cut into smaller 1/4 cuts should end up with three, drop in jar cover with 60 ml of PG add 10 ml of PGA 190.
Steep in room temp in drawer / closet 5 -8 weeks.Drain juice in coffee press with a 5 micron filter paper twice.
These work the best for me : http://cohiba.com/the-collection/cohiba-luxury-selection/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread