Can I use the clear XL tubes on the CE2-X Carto XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I'm wanting to get the CE2-X Fluxomizer 510 XL clearomizer but they are all sold out in the 2.6-2.8 oHm range. the only ones left right now are the HV ones.

Can't I just order them in black, and then also order some clear replacement tubes and just put the clear tube on and toss the black tube? I want to be able to see the juice is why I ask.

Repent

Last edited:

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
You'd have to peel the black paper away from the bottom, then heat up the collar at the base. Using an old battery to pull the guts away from the sleeve helps. Rock and rotate the metal sleeve while you're pulling away. There's a video that Shan does on YouTube that shows the process.

I've never had to do the heating part. I just use an old battery and rock the tube side to side until it comes off. The problem with this is that the plastic tube probably won't seal very well as the metal tube flux's don't have the silicone ring around the base to help keep liquid from seeping past.

I'm wanting to get the CE2-X Fluxomizer 510 XL clearomizer but they are all sold out in the 2.6-2.8 oHm range. the only ones left right now are the HV ones.

Can't I just order them in black, and then also order some clear replacement tubes and just put the clear tube on and toss the black tube? I want to be able to see the juice is why I ask.

Repent

spike39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Colorado
I've never had to do the heating part. I just use an old battery and rock the tube side to side until it comes off. The problem with this is that the plastic tube probably won't seal very well as the metal tube flux's don't have the silicone ring around the base to help keep liquid from seeping past.

Yeah.. her vid shows her having problems with the heat. I experimented last night. One of the clear tubes which my S.O. had been using for a couple of days finally started developing cracks at the base. I washed, dried.. and then tried the turn-over trick but that didn't work out. So I got one of my pre-ordered replacement tubes and put some teflon tape JUST at the bottom collar. Pushed the replacement tube on flush with the bottom collar. It's still sitting upright on her desk since last night, half-filled... no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread