The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can I use the clear XL tubes on the CE2-X Carto XL?

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by Repent, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Repent

Repent Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Central Oregon
    I'm wanting to get the CE2-X Fluxomizer 510 XL clearomizer but they are all sold out in the 2.6-2.8 oHm range. the only ones left right now are the HV ones.

Can't I just order them in black, and then also order some clear replacement tubes and just put the clear tube on and toss the black tube? I want to be able to see the juice is why I ask.

Repent

2. spike39

spike39 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Colorado
    You'd have to peel the black paper away from the bottom, then heat up the collar at the base. Using an old battery to pull the guts away from the sleeve helps. Rock and rotate the metal sleeve while you're pulling away. There's a video that Shan does on YouTube that shows the process.

3. Repent

Repent Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Thanks. I thought as much. Just wanted to double check with someone. Order placed.

4. naviathan

naviathan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Stella, NC
    I've never had to do the heating part. I just use an old battery and rock the tube side to side until it comes off. The problem with this is that the plastic tube probably won't seal very well as the metal tube flux's don't have the silicone ring around the base to help keep liquid from seeping past.

5. spike39

spike39 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Colorado
    Yeah.. her vid shows her having problems with the heat. I experimented last night. One of the clear tubes which my S.O. had been using for a couple of days finally started developing cracks at the base. I washed, dried.. and then tried the turn-over trick but that didn't work out. So I got one of my pre-ordered replacement tubes and put some teflon tape JUST at the bottom collar. Pushed the replacement tube on flush with the bottom collar. It's still sitting upright on her desk since last night, half-filled... no leaks.

6. naviathan

naviathan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Stella, NC
    Nice, teflon tape, I didn't think about that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.