The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can I vape my build at 60w?

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by Finlay knowles, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Finlay knowles

Finlay knowles Full Member

Feb 22, 2018
    I have a vandy vape Tonga with a dual 0.3ohm alien clampton coil build could I vape it at 60w or what is the recommended wattage ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    This depends heavily on what mod you have. If you’re trying it with a single battery mech mod for example very bad things could happen. If it’s a two battery VV mod though you’re almost certainly fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    If you have a recommended 20 amp battery s/b good 14.14214 amp draw

• Like Like x 1
  4. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    ?:confused:? That made no sense to me at all. S/b? String of numbers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Wattage is a personal thing, everyone will "hit" the same atomizer/build a little different. Start your wattage low and work up to the setting that works best for you and your inhale style and juice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    should be

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    It’s an rta so there is no recommended wattage. It’s whatever you like the vape at. There can be safety concerns though depending on what mod you are using it on though

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SCOTT-3

SCOTT-3 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    london u.k
    Your gonna need to carry spare batts at them watts if single cell, looking at about 130 :vapor:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Finlay knowles

Feb 22, 2018
    I have a smok prcolor with 2 18650

• Like Like x 1
  10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Then you’re fine :) two battery regulated mods are fine to over a hundred watts

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Finlay knowles

Feb 22, 2018
    So I could vape a dual 0.3ohm Clapton build at 100w+?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You can... Although it's really not recommended to push you wattage to the highest level possible on a mod, battery life tends to be poor. If you were vaping at 60 watts, and satisfied, there is no reason to go higher. The closer you are to a mods "highest tolerance" the more strain on the equipment and the more strain on the batteries, which you will be recharging more quickly. Leave yourself some head room, if you MUST go up, maybe try increasing by small intervals and see where you are satisfied. I'm not a high wattage vaper, but with that mod I don't see why you couldn't cap it somewhere around 70 watts. If you must. I'd actually start out with lower wattage than 60 watts, even, and see where you just land as a "great" vape.

You don't have to vape 100 watts just because it's possible to do so, although if that's the wattage you land on, it is.

I love how when someone gives a "highest safe tolerance" someone immediately wants to vape it. It's not necessary, necessarily.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Why would this be bad on a single battery mech? On a full charge this is going to pump out about 14 amps and 58-59 watts...am I missing something?

• Like Like x 1
  14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Bah. This was days ago. Now I’ve got to try to do math at 1am... Nope. Brain too old.. Iirc the issue with this thing was he was trying to run a .15ohm build which is basically never a good idea on a single battery mech. Assuming your math is correct though while it would have made a battery eating device it might have worked, at least for a little while. I dunno. It’s late. It’s a necrothread.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    I feel you dude it’s late lol. I was just curious because I have a tube mech on its way in the mail, and figured I’d be putting .25’s, .30’s on here and it seems like it would be a satisfying vape

• Like Like x 1
  16. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hola,
    The issue was the mass of the coil.
    It takes a fair bit of power to heat up some huge multiple wire builds. Often a single battery is not sufficient.

YMMV
    I

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    I gotcha, thank you for the reply

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.