can someone explain "mods" and thing I can do for my ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Without seeing the tank, if you bought it as your first I'd bet they got you going with the ce4 or 5. Got to figure out if you can rebuild it or not and also keep in mind this is a hobby that has a replacement cost...stuff happens don't get too attached to a tank, and get some spares for when stuff like this happens.

Does it look like this?
CE4-Clearomizer.jpg

Last edited:

dmagick

Jul 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
I know what he's got, but I can't name it. I started with Awesome Vapor, too, so I know what they sell. As for the juice (I'm not knocking or advertising) some of the flavors are more pronounced, but the "smoke" is less than what is at Vaperite (another local vendor). The tradeoff is that Vaperite's juice doesn't burn off the wick so quickly, but is burning the back of my throat. For peach, we've been mixing the two.

dmagick

Jul 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
Without seeing the tank, if you bought it as your first I'd bet they got you going with the ce4 or 5. Got to figure out if you can rebuild it or not and also keep in mind this is a hobby that has a replacement cost...stuff happens don't get too attached to a tank, and get some spares for when stuff like this happens.

Does it look like this?
CE4-Clearomizer.jpg

Yes. This is what they sell. The wicks are much longer, though, reaching into the bottom of the tank.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Generally (I don't use those clearos so I can only discuss generalities) burning is from:
A) coil too dry...wick not well saturated...could be from juice being too thick (like high VG juice) or from pinched wicks.
B) Voltage too high
C) Juice recipe clogging the heck out of the wicks. Change juice if so. Maybe a clear juice with less that 50% VG assuming you're not PG sensitive.

Basic rule of thumb is that you can't burn real wet wick.

Madison76

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Columbia, SC
The heads should last you much longer than a few days. I use clearos that have the wicks on the bottom. I clean mine every couple of days. All I do is rinse under hot water and then burn them clean. Only buy new heads every month or more. I don't know if those come apart, but if they do - clean them!

WIth the coil up top you also need to tilt it up every now and again to make sure juice is getting to the coil (though you said you had longer wicks).

A "mod," as you were asking about, provides longer battery, more power and more adjustability. The juice taste most likely has everything to do with your delivery system (what sits on top of your battery).

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If you are new to this and trying to keep cost low until comfortable look at these.
About the same in when new performance and easy to service.
Kanger T5 Rebuildable Clearomizer - 2.4ohms

Simple pop on coil heads for fast clean and fill.
Kanger T5 Coil Head - 5 Pack - 2.1-2.3ohms

The reason yours are failing so quick may be due to coil resistance/battery output/e-Liquid make-up or improper use.

Link is to a Trusted Forum Vender
Lowest Pricing I can find atm.

Last edited:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Why would he try drip tips if he is using a clearomizer that doesn't accept 510 drip tips. The guy he is using has drip tips that screw on.

Sarg, I think what you are asking about are different types of clearomizers? I think that the Vision Vivi Novas are my favorite, but I am a minority on here. Most newbies like Kanger Evods, M/T3s or the pro tank. All of them use changeable coil heads and should last you longer than a few days.

I have always had bad luck with the type of clearo you are using, Sarg. They only last me a few refills and then crap out on me. Anyhow, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread