Can someone explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen
Sometimes in the morning when I first try to vape, for the lack of a better word I hear slurping noises. This goes on for about 6 or 7 drags.yuk! And then it goes away and everything is fine for the rest of the day. Is their anyone else that has come across this problem? Any ideas on how to stop this problem?
Thank you in advance for your responses.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Sounds like your atomizer is flooding over night.

try setting the atomizer upside down in a glass.

Ladies and Gentlemen
Sometimes in the morning when I first try to vape, for the lack of a better word I hear slurping noises. This goes on for about 6 or 7 drags.yuk! And then it goes away and everything is fine for the rest of the day. Is their anyone else that has come across this problem? Any ideas on how to stop this problem?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ladies and Gentlemen
Hi mate,

Are you using the 50/50 Tribeca or the high VG version?
If using the 50/50 (PG/VG) it may be a bit thin for the baby beast.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It does sound like your tank is flooding overnight. If it has bottom airflow, the easiest solution may be to blow (gently) through the airholes into a napkin or bar mop (to catch the juice that will drip out) or you can in fact set it upside down although it may then leak MORE if upside down all night, so maybe using more VG might be helpful and/or you can shake any excess e-juice by kind of flinging the vape away from you in a downward motion or so I hear... I've never tried that one, so I don't know how well it works, although I've heard it mentioned.

If it goes away after 7 or 8 drags, it's probably not that much e-juice in the grand scheme of things, so if you are using high VG juice already, one of the other methods may work best for you. Does it do this during the day, like if you aren't using it for an hour, or only after it has been sitting 12 hrs? I'm not saying ANY leaking is ideal, and you may want to check that your coil is fully seated where it needs to be and screwed inward.

Also, what happens after filling, is it similar, or is it just good to go?

good luck,

Anna

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Yep, flooding and/or combination of flooding and condensation. New coils might do it the first day, maybe two. Old coils will do it, so could be time to change. Could be just a bad coil from the get go, just not quite enough wick in there.

Might not have the air flow opened up enough, could need to run the coil a little hotter. Try as others has said though, set the tank upside down overnight or wrap the tank in a paper towel and gently blow through it (with air flow wide open), that'll push excess out.

It's not a fix though, there's an underlying problem with the tank. It could have a small leak, allowing the air to push liquid into the coil overnight. Next fill up, check the o-rings or if you have spares, try changing them.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
you are more than welcome. hope it helps.
It's a baby Beast tank. The local b&m told me to close the air vent/ that didn't work. Smok V8 baby coil. I like the idea of turning it upside down that's what I call Thinking Out of the Box.
I'll try that tonight thanks for the tip.

Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
It's a baby Beast tank. The local b&m told me to close the air vent/ that didn't work. Smok V8 baby coil. I like the idea of turning it upside down that's what I call Thinking Out of the Box.
I'll try that tonight thanks for the tip.

I'm not trying to be "that" guy, but honestly, your B&M just proved why many people don't vape or stick with it. The info they gave you is just lazy, at the least.

Closing the airflow doesn't fully seal it and even if it did, it would seal the area after the coil, slurping would continue or just pour out once unsealed due to pressure build up. They should have offered to replace the coil, check the tank for leaks, and/or checked the coil is seated properly.

If you buy a mod for it's features, are you going to keep it if some don't work out of the box or work correctly, of course not. It doesn't matter if it's an LED on there for looks, if it is supposed to work, then it should or they should replace.

If you buy a tank and it doesn't work right, they should give due diligence to see why it isn't working. If they try to pull the old "it's a known issue" thing, then politely ask, "Why do you then sell inferior products to customers?".

The issue with your tank is something minor but customer service is a pet peeve of mine, especially at B&M. That is the one thing a B&M has going for it, service. They are rarely cheaper, so they should make up the price difference with help and/or knowledge.

I'd serious look to speak to a different person there from now on or find a different B&M. If you bought it there, they should stand behind it. If you didn't buy it there, they should look at it and offer parts to replace (you'd have to pay of course), like the coil and then try to sell you other stuff, lol.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
7030 High VG. Back to the flipping it over in the glass Theory
To avoid confusion. PG first, then VG.
High VG is 30/70.
Another option is to state the percentage and name of one of the components. 30% PG or 70% VG.

Also as mentioned by: papergoblin. Swap in the spare o rings. (it's usually the top one causing the issue.)

Cheers
I

Cid6.7

Dec 12, 2017
B.C Canada
Clip your coil ends so the rubber and pin can sit completely flush... I do this with every new coil I buy and every coil I build and have 0 leakage

Attachments

• 20171212_200505.jpg
    20171212_200505.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 17

AminyWin

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 7, 2017
China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Ladies and Gentlemen
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
When to change replaceable coils for your e cigs
Most Frequently Asked Vaping Questions Part 2
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...atomizers-for-new-vapists-how-they-work.5250/
How many watts do you vape at?
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/tfv8-leaking.766439/

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Thanks for all your help. I picked the lazy man's route. Bought a new one. After looking at all them tiny o rings. And with bad hands and bad eyes, it made more sense just to buy a new one. I'm going to get my kid to do this o ring repair for me ,then I'll have two tanks which is even better. I let her read these comments and let her do the O-rings. Thanks again folks.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've said this several times and haven't really got a good answer from a tanker. Why do you'll fiddle around with them tanks. I have only owned one tank and said the hxxl with this, and went to squonking, that was 4 or 5 years ago
Not everybody has the time to fiddle with rebuildable atomizers. And yes, time IS money.

Squonking requires a financial investment in new gear, and new vapers are probably still spending time getting the product of their first purchase working right if they're here asking for help.

Rebuildables have a steeper learning curve, and that's more time (aka, money) spent studying Ohm's law, the resistivity of different materials, parallel vs series circuits and the art form known as wicking.

Rebuildables are something of a hobby for a lot of folks. Someone struggling to quit smoking, get his/her gear working right and finding a sweet spot that tastes right doesn't leave much time for learning the lingo.

The guy is a 50+ dude in a new members forum. I'm a 50+ dude who tanks and builds and will be squonking by Christmas. But if I were him, I'd say the "good answer" is that I ain't got time for bottom feeders. I've already got a flooding problem.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Not everybody has the time to fiddle with rebuildable atomizers. And yes, time IS money.

Squonking requires a financial investment in new gear, and new vapers are probably still spending time getting the product of their first purchase working right if they're here asking for help.

Rebuildables have a steeper learning curve, and that's more time (aka, money) spent studying Ohm's law, the resistivity of different materials, parallel vs series circuits and the art form known as wicking.

Rebuildables are something of a hobby for a lot of folks. Someone struggling to quit smoking, get his/her gear working right and finding a sweet spot that tastes right doesn't leave much time for learning the lingo.

The guy is a 50+ dude in a new members forum. I'm a 50+ dude who tanks and builds and will be squonking by Christmas. But if I were him, I'd say the "good answer" is that I ain't got time for bottom feeders. I've already got a flooding problem.

I spent years fiddling with wick n wire, building, re building etc. Went down the multi coil RTA route, RDA's and so on........

I just got fed up up with messing around with these. especially when it comes to wicking. Each device is unique and has to be wicked in a specific way depending on the size/shape of the channels.

These days i build a simple single 5 wrap - 2mm id coil of 29g kanthal, with a snug piece of Muji. Haven't had a leak, flood, or gurgle in ages. Coil lasts for months. I clean, dry burn and replace the wick after every tankful. Only takes 15 minutes. Using an authentic Kayfun v4 and have a clone too (Sub Two 1:1 kayfun v4 atomizer tank rebuildable dripping atomizers e cigarette 510 thread update kayfun lite stingray vamo-in Electronic Cigarette Atomizers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group). Little dicey buying these chinese clones, not the best (glass tank doesn't fit) but works as good as the authentic. Will be buying more of these seeing as their so cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread