The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can someone help me with this thingy?

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by VaVaunt, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VaVaunt

VaVaunt Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Hi everyone,
    Hope your holidays were nice. We've been really busy with the plants this year, and hasn't left me much time for forum.
    OK, off to question. Hubby brought in this little gadget he got me, and I'm not sure what it is or how to use it.
    It looks to be a 510 tank cartridge, one you can see through. It is in two pieces.
    I know I could ask in another forum, but this one is my favorite and thought someone here might have
    used one. I got it filled with Pchelas, but it won't hit. And filling it was a pain, so I'm not sure if I did it right, and there
    may be a better way. It won't hit for the life of me. :blush:
    Sorry a bit blurry. One has filler thingy off, the other is with it attached.

100_1987.jpg 100_1988.jpg

2. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Ummm...I don't beleive I have ever seen anything like that. Did it come in a box with a brand and model name/number on it? It looks a lot like a CE#-style cartomizer, but with no wick. On the other hand, I've never seen a filler attachment that looked like that.

There has been a lot of crossover recently with another, compleatly unrelated, facet of vaporizing, and I wonder if the store is mistakenly selling (or your husband just mistakenly purchased) a vaporizing device designed for a compleatly different product than a purely liquid media. Or if it is one of the (semi)"rebuildable" cartridges without the coil and wick installed.

I did a google image search and didn't come up with anything even remotely related, so more information would be helpful :)

3. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    I've never seen that before either. hmmm...Sorry I can't help. I'd contact whoever you got it from, or if you can get the link on the internet from where your hubby got it, that would help :)

4. VaVaunt

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Thanks guys. I'll ask him if he remembers the name of the shoppe and get back with you. It's got to be strange if neither of you two experts know what the heck this thing is, lol :laugh:

5. pwyll

The name of the shop probably won't help, unless they make everything themselves. The "brand" of the gadget could help quite a bit, though, as most companies only produce for a certain market (or limit specific brands to specific markets).

6. VaVaunt

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Got it Pwyll. Maybe I can then call them and ask. Now I'm dying to know how - and what- it is. :)

7. pwyll

From what I can see of it, it looks intriguing.

8. rotku

rotku Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 4, 2012
    columbus, oh
    Hi VaVaunt,
    It looks like a Kanger 808D-M3. I cannot tell from the photo if it has wicks. Check out this link and see if it helps. Good luck.
    KR808D-1 blank clearomizers - package of 5

With the exception that the pictures you have show 510 threads.

9. VaVaunt

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Thank you Rotku. We spent all day helping our friends move in next door, and I forgot t ask. I am going to look up how to use this gadget right now. Do you know how it works?
    :)
    Edit: OK, looked up clearomizer, and found something on Utube. Mine does not have any wicks, nor does it have two rubbe gaskets. Only one gasket, on the piece that disengages. But you are correct, this is very similar. Mine does have a small hollow core within the metal tube that reaches from the top to the bottom.
    Here is link to Utube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdJNGCkXLjY

10. pwyll

The video to which you linked is showing a regular CE2, which you definitely do not have. In the link rotku provided to Vapor Kings, it appears that what you called the "filler thingy" is being used as the mouthpiece, though it also has a rubber stopper at the top as well. Your picture looks to be dead-on the KR808D-1 clearomizer with the exception of the missing wick, top rubber stopper and possibly the coil, and havin 510 threads rather than 808D-1 threads.

Perhaps it is someone's unfinished attempt at converting one to 510?

EDIT: BTW, "clearomizer" refers to any cartomizer that has a transparent rather than opaque housing. There is an entire sub-board dedicated to them here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/

11. VaVaunt

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Just checking back in to let you all know I never did figure it out. Hubby can't remember name of place, and still busy with wood flooring next door. :)

12. pwyll

:(

I've been powerful curious since you first posted it.

You mind if I spread your picture around a bit and see if there's any other suggestions?

(And I do think rotku was on the right track, if not dead-on)

13. MiamiMom63

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    Yea, it definitely looks like you've got parts of parts going on with that thingy whatchamacallit. Lol. Next time tell hubby to order from someone reputable or give him a list of vendors you like and tell him to buy your bday and holiday presents from there. Or do like that kid in the movie, A Christmas Story, and put pictures of what you want on his pillow. :rickroll:

14. VaVaunt

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Be my guest Pwyll. I'd love to know how to use it. TY for trying to help.
    Miami, I agree. Although he was only trying to make a nice gesture, I find
    prices at local shoppes more expensive, and I've made many online friends right here,
    where I can always ask a question and get some help :)

15. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
  16. VaVaunt

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    I went and looked at your link, and yes, I think you've found it. Thank you very much r77r7r :toast:

17. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I thought the rubber cap looked like an old G4, so I googled that and got the M3,lol. Quite welcome.

18. pwyll

Well, nevermind then.

Good job r7, and thanks!

:)

19. MiamiMom63

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    Great work, r77r7r! One mystery solved and now it's time to find out what other mysteries we must solve! :matrix: lol

20. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Lol, I watched Sherlock last nite:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.