Can someone kindly please tell me what commercial nicotine liquid is and thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. :)

Please forgive me if I sound ignorant but can someone please kindly tell me what the heck commercial nicotine liquid is and where can I purchase some?

I want to try and make my own e-liquids.

Does anyone know where I can buy most of the ingredients to make my own e-liquid from?

Anyone have a good recipe on how to make some e-liquid?

Thank you sooo VERY much!! :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

Please forgive me if I sound ignorant but can someone please kindly tell me what the heck commercial nicotine liquid is and where can I purchase some?

I want to try and make my own e-liquids.

Does anyone know where I can buy most of the ingredients to make my own e-liquid from?

Anyone have a good recipe on how to make some e-liquid?

Thank you sooo VERY much!! :)

When people say commercial liquid, they generally mean the stuff we buy already made....you know...the "juice".

Yes, see the sub-forum vince pointed out....it's all there. Making 0 nic juice is pretty easy....it's trying to add your own nic that gets tricky. That's why most people start off with a base of the commercial stuff with the nic already in it.

Good luck!

Lu

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA

Hi Kalmakzee,
That confused me too. The recipe essentially says to buy e-liquid to make e-liquid. Then I realized the DIYs are mostly creating their own flavors or varying the strength of them. And some DIYs just find it more cost effective to make their own. If you want nicotine free juice, then you don't need to purchase the e-liquid at all.

When they list commercial nicotine liquid in the recipes, they are just referring to non-flavored e-juice. Most e-cig sites (puresmoker, totally wicked, etc) also carry e-liquid. If you look under that section of their web site, you will find it listed as unflavored or DIY juice. You'll want to select a slightly higher nicotine content than you usually vape because it will be diluted when you add other other ingredients such as flavor, PG, VG, and distilled water. For example, a 20mg e-juice may be only 10mg nic strength after its mixed.

Hope this was helpful. Don't forget to come back and share your recipe (or savings) with us.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Good explanation :)
Just one small piece of knowledge added to that: E-liquid is the right name for what most people on here call 'juice' - so the whole packet, all 'juices' are in fact all e-liquids (getting the wrong name). The 'tasteless' e-liquid is just one of the many e-liquids around and for sale (for sale = 'commercial'); but of course that would be the choice to take as nicotine-adder if you want to make your own taste completely out of Lorr-Ann, Bickford and what-have-you flavours but also want nicotine in your liquid. But some for instance who like a 'tobacco-taste' always mixed in with any flavor they choose to make, might choose to instead take for instance Hilton, or Camel, or whatever as their 'nicotine-giver' in the endproduct they mix.

Have fun! :)

Last edited:
I want to personally thank everyone for all the helpful info that you all provided. :)

@ ChainSmkr

Your advice was BRILLIANT!! At first I couldn't understand what you were talking about and that can be because I lack some patience in carefully reading things, lol. ;-)

I noticed the trick in producing a lot of vapor lies in the vegetable glycerine. If your atomizer isn't smoking don't get nervous. Just use the vegetable glycerine. All this time I thought that these atomizers were sucky but I'm beginning to think that it might be the e-liquid that we purchase.

My recipe (and I can't give exact measurements since once again I lack patience and I'm too impulsive, lol) was LorAnn watermelon flavor, litecigusa's cola flavor e-liquid, 2 drops distilled water (that I remember, lol) and a good 30 drops of vegetable glycerine and HOLY CRAP I NEVER saw more smoke vapor in my life and plus my FAMOUS made up e-liquid tasted DELICIOUS and SWEET!!

I have gone ahead and purchased tasteless nicotine and I plan on ordering LorAnn cheesecake and marshmallow flavor candy liquid.

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice. :)

Please Note: You can find vegetable glycerine at Whole Foods Market (Whole Foods Market was the ONLY store that I was able to find this product in my area) or else purchase it on eBay or just make a Google search for it. eBay wasn't the cheapest.

Last edited:

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
Katink - I did flop around like a fish between using e-liquid and e-juice in my previous post lol. Sorry for the confusion all. I consider e-liquid synonymous with e-juice but should have been more consistent. Excellent point about DIYs that desire a tobacco flavor mixed in with other flavors.

Kal - Sounds like you found a delish recipe and great vapor too. I hope to join the other DIYs soon simply to mix a stronger flavor. I'm afraid my taste buds still haven't come back fully due to my smoking habit.

echoblack

May 26, 2009
Yes, but isn't the new law going to make nicotine a controlled substance? So, any eliquid will be off the market.

So, I pose the question agin.

I did find this however and I have a Chemistry background so when I get a working method I'll post it here.

Here is the algorithm though.

nicotine makes a nice complex with tartric acid. You can put crushed tobacco leaves in a solution of sodium hydroxide and do a steam distillation. Take the distillate and mixed it with a solution of tartric acid and the precipitate should be nicotine tartrate. You can acidify the tartrate and distill/extract the nicotine out.

However, the simplest way is to buy commercial nicotine (which will contain some yellowish nicotine oxide) and purify the commercial nicotine with silica gel chromatography.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Hhhmmmm.....

How To › Hobbies › Crafts › Other › How To Make Pure Nicotine
How To Make Pure Nicotine
By Ginny Morris

In its purest form, nicotine is one of the most deadly toxins known to man. A single drop is enough to kill an adult human if ingested. In order to make pure nicotine, it must first be completely clear how potentially deadly pure nicotine can be if consumed. In addition to this, anyone who wishes to make pure nicotine must also understand that it can be absorbed through the skin by simply touching it. Make sure to protect your skin from the pure nicotine by wearing latex gloves. As well as wearing gloves, safety glasses are recommended to protect your eyes.

The first step to make pure nicotine is to obtain the proper kind of tobacco from which to extract the nicotine. Either chewing or pipe tobacco is recommended for this purpose. Once the appropriate tobacco has been obtained, it is put into a bowl. Next, pour water into the bowl until it just barely covers the tobacco. After doing this, the next step in making pure nicotine is to simply let the bowl sit untouched overnight.

After letting the tobacco sit out in the bowl all night, the next step when making pure nicotine is to obtain a pot and some paper towels. The paper towel is then placed over the pot and the mixture is strained through it. Care must be taken to ensure that none of the tobacco grounds end up in the pot, as this would contaminate the pure nicotine. After as much as been run through the towel and into the pot as possible, squeeze the remaining liquid in the paper towel into the pot. The remaining tobacco and paper towel are then disposed of.

Now that all the liquid is inside of the pot, you should boil the liquid. The purity of the nicotine is dependent upon how much of the water evaporates. To make the pure nicotine as concentrated and strong as possible, boil as much water away as you can. After the water is boiled away, you have succeeded in making pure nicotine. The pot will now contain nicotine in its purest, deadliest form. This mixture will be extremely thick and will resemble molasses. Before collecting the pure nicotine, it's essential to make sure you're wearing latex gloves and safety glasses to avoid harmful contact. The pure nicotine can then be scraped out of the pot and stored in a sealed plastic container.

How To Make Pure Nicotine | How To Do Things.com

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
How to Make Nicotine
ds_b8166920-f813-474e-8018-5d3bfba22d6b Contributor
By Kenneth D Coppens
eHow Contributing Writer
Article Rating: (0 Ratings)

Nicotine is a naturally occurring substance found in tobacco leaves. This substance is what gets people hooked on smoking cigarettes. In its pure state, nicotine is one of the most deadly substances known to man. One drop of liquid nicotine is enough to kill a person. For this reason, you should take extreme caution when extracting nicotine from tobacco.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions
Things You'll Need:

* Tobacco
* Water
* Pot
* Strainer
* Paper towel
* Container
* Spatula

Step 1

Put a half-cup of tobacco in a sealable container. Any type of tobacco will work, but pipe tobacco is the easiest to use.

Step 2

Pour water in the container until the tobacco is completely immersed in water. Seal the container and let it sit for 24 hours.

Step 3

Line a strainer with a paper towel. Hold the strainer over a pot. Dump the tobacco and water into the strainer, make sure all the water goes into the pot. Squeeze the excess water out of the paper towel, but make sure tobacco does not get into the pot. You can choose to save the tobacco for smoking, or you can throw it away.

Step 4

Turn the stove to high and boil the water in the pot. As the water evaporates, the nicotine stays in the bottom of the pot. It is ready once the contents turn into a thick syrup.

Step 5

Scrape the nicotine out of the pot with a spatula. Store it in a safe, sealable container.

How to Make Nicotine | eHow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread