Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I have a vaporshark rdna40 and have just been using regular builds with it and now I wanted to use some ni200 coils from kanger and don't understand how the temperature function works do I need to put it in a certain mode or do I just keep adjusting the watts like I always have?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Unfortunately VS is a little sketchy on their instructions.
This should help:
http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna40.pdf

even after reading that I am still a little confused about the temperature mode. I am using the default settings so I'm assuming mine is set for 450 so what happens when I'm not using a ni coil? Does it automatically detect that and just function based off what W I have it set to???

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Just be sure to put it manually into temp mode, with Ni200 coils.
It will fire a nickle coil, when in wattage mode (not good)........

This is why am confused when you say manually put in temp mode I'm assuming you're talking about locking then holding up / down 2 seconds adjust temp then hit fire... This seems like the same mode my device is always in regardless of if I did that or not. I just did that with my regular coil on it and it's functioning by wattage as it always has.

Basically if I were to put a ni200 coil in my kanger sub mini right now with my device at the 450 default wouldn't it already be temp mode? I don't understand how to do distinguish between temp mode or normal wattage mode unless it happens automatically when it recognizes ni200?

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
in temp mode itll show you temp of coil as you fire, in kanthal mode the temp is blank.

So when it recognizes ni200 it will automatically kick over to temperature mode I'm assuming? I just fired my Kanthal and like you said when I fire temp disappears.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
As mentioned above, the DNA40 will automatically detect whether you are running kanthal or nickel and switch between modes UNLESS you have turned off TC via the 5 click lock then setting the temp above 600 where it switches the TC to "OFF".

As you've already figured out, the voltage will replace the temp on the screen when running kanthal.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
As mentioned above, the DNA40 will automatically detect whether you are running kanthal or nickel and switch between modes UNLESS you have turned off TC via the 5 click lock then setting the temp above 600 where it switches the TC to "OFF".

As you've already figured out, the voltage will replace the temp on the screen when running kanthal.

Ok great thanks so much everyone all makes sense now cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread