Can vaping cause stomach pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanHubbard4

Aug 23, 2021
Hi guys,

My name is Nate and I’ve been vaping for about 3-4 years now and for the past year or so I’ve been dealing with extreme hunger pains/gas. Mostly everything I eat isn’t enough and I have to eat more or it turns into really bad gas. Specifically right in the morning when I wake up..and throughout the day if I keep vaping. If I stop for a few days, it’ll go away but my discomfort for my functional dyspepsia is still there but it’s not exasperated like it is when I vape

I’ve gotten an endoscopy and they said my stomach was great with nothing wrong but was diagnosed with functional dyspepsia.. maybe vaping + Functional dyspepsia isn’t a good mix?

I’ve heard it could do with the PG and VG levels but you’d think that a 50/50 ratio would be good? Reguardless if it’s 70/30 I wouldn’t think it would make a difference

Please let me know if anyone can help it’s killing me and I don’t know what to do

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I’m mainly just confused if it’s the nicotine, or the VG, PG levels

Hi Nathan. Welcome to the ECF.

I get bouts of Acid Reflux occasionally. When I do, I find it seems to Help to use 0mg e-Liquids as soon as the Sun goes Down.

This could all be Psychosomatic. But maybe using 0mg at Night is something that You might Try?

Reactions: Superuser187

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Could be many things but I doubt it's because of vaping. I've only been vaping for about 3 years and no issues like you described. What level of nicotine do you use? Other people I know tend to have issues with acid reflux when eating late in the evening and drinking lots of fluids. No offense, but many people come on here with health issues asking if it's caused by vaping (very unlikely, although a few rare times people do have allergy to PG... but not the symptoms you described) Do you vape a lot (as in "chain vaping")? Still shouldn't matter but had to ask. As usual, more info would help.

Reactions: tearose50

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
This has nothing to do with your issue, but I always tell people to sip water while they vape. We are not doctors... we can't diagnose health issues... but nothing wrong with coming here and asking (just in case it is something related to vaping... not likely) Maybe you would do better to find a forum that discusses ulcers and such (or acid reflux)

Reactions: Falconeer

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
never experienced anything like that...i guess if i was you i would try maybe vape very high pg juice and then high vg juice to see if maybe its one of those 2 triggers the dyspepsia...

Ofc that means vaping experience will be very different and need also the right vape devices to vaporise those different rations of vg and pg but just saying if nothing else works i guess i would try that also cause in the end i would need to quit vaping and ofc not even think going back to cigarettes gonna be worst ...
Gl hope u figure it out

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hi and welcome.

As has been said we are not Doctors.

I did have something similar about 20 years ago when I still smoked. When I mentioned the ravening hunger to my Doctor she suspected an ulcer and sent me off to the hospital for an endoscopy and as with you it showed nothing.

Over the counter meds didn't work but I did change my diet and began eating a lot more vegetables and the symptoms eventually went away.

I would say though keep in touch with your doctor over this one.

I hope you get a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoursTruli
I used to have certain gastrointestinal problems when I smoked cigarettes, which went away a few months after I switched to vaping.

I second that, when I smoked cigs I used to get really bad heartburns nearly daily, especially after spicy food (which I love). To the point where I had to drink a litre a day of specific mineral water which can't really be drunk daily. After switching to vaping, it all went away in maybe 2-3 weeks, and I barely had any heartburn since despite spending lots of time in SEAsia and eating chili in spoons.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Work with your doctor on this and give the prescribed antacid a chance to work by taking them exactly as prescribed at the same time each day, this isn't an overnight fix.
I used to suffer terrible from this, main cause was the meds I am on but everything aggravated it even drinking water and back to square one if I miss or am late taking my prescribed antacid, even now years later. It took time, faithfully taking the antacid as prescribed and a diet eating habits change to resolve it for me.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Hello. I'm no Doctor, but It's important to know your limits when it comes to nicotine, Your tolerance may not be as high as you think. Consuming too much nicotine can cause negative side effects, including: Elevated Blood Pressure, Nausea, vomiting, ........ Hunger pain, or stomach ache/pain.
A suggestion would be to vape 0 nic for a bit, and then see if the stomach pain subsides.
Hope you feel better soon.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Just a note: some eJuice has sorbitol (and other "tols" like maltitol). That can cause severe stomach cramps since it's a pretty powerful laxative. Most have no issue - but if you like the sweet eJuices, maybe make sure you are using one without. Stevia or other sweeteners usually a decent substitute :)

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
It's difficult to ever know if any symptoms are related or unrelated to vaping. You should see a doctor.

Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, as is caffeine. Some people will find it systemically irritating. On the other hand, something interesting I have read in the last few years, is that nicotine has had positive applications in the treatment of irritable bowel.

I hope you'll find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread