Can we clear up the confusion with all these changes and new items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimist

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Montana, USA
I've noticed there's a lot of confusion brewing over the new stainless steel adapters, upcoming Prodigy V2, new and old versions of the Prodigy V1 and PS USB passthrough... so I'd like to pose a few questions directly to Steve, to clear the air so that we'll have a better grip on what to expect. These questions represent questions I've seen in the forums, some of which I've pondered myself as well...

1. On the site, the "New Version" of the Prodigy V1 is listed. Is this the V1 with NEW stainless steel adapter, or is it a presale for the new V2?

2. On the site, on the Protege/PT adapters, it says that these adapters will be compatible with the upcoming Prodigy V2. Is this still true, or will the V2 utilize a new *3rd* type of adapter?

3. With the Prodigy V2 coming soon, will parts and accessories still be offered for the V1, and for how long?

4. Will the Prodigy V2 utilize RCR123a batteries, or some other rechargeables? (I think it has been established that it will not fit 18650's)

Steve, if you could be so kind... could you answer these? I'm sure a lot of us will understand things a lot better if we can get clear on these points, and perhaps a few others. I've just noticed a lot of people getting confused (understandably) lately.

Thanks.

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
I know this was directed at Steve, and he'll certainly chime in later with more details, but in the mean time- answers are RED

I've noticed there's a lot of confusion brewing over the new stainless steel adapters, upcoming Prodigy V2, new and old versions of the Prodigy V1 and PS USB passthrough... so I'd like to pose a few questions directly to Steve, to clear the air so that we'll have a better grip on what to expect. These questions represent questions I've seen in the forums, some of which I've pondered myself as well...

1. On the site, the "New Version" of the Prodigy V1 is listed. Is this the V1 with NEW stainless steel adapter, or is it a presale for the new V2?

This will be a presale for the V2- entirely made of Stainless Steel. You'll notice that right now you can't actually place an order for this on the site right now- that's because the details haven't been solidified.

2. On the site, on the Protege/PT adapters, it says that these adapters will be compatible with the upcoming Prodigy V2. Is this still true, or will the V2 utilize a new *3rd* type of adapter?

The V2 will NOT be compatible with the Protege/PT adapters. This is a mistake that I will make sure Steve corrects. This was originally posted months ago, when we thought the Protege was going to be the V2, but instead it wound up being an entirely different model product.

3. With the Prodigy V2 coming soon, will parts and accessories still be offered for the V1, and for how long?

Prodigy V1 parts and accessories will continue to be available for those customers. How long? For a long time.

4. Will the Prodigy V2 utilize RCR123a batteries, or some other rechargeables? (I think it has been established that it will not fit 18650's)

It will not fit 18650s, as the V2 will be a strictly 5/6v device. I am not sure about the batteries that it will utilize, we'll have to wait on Steve for that one, but they will absolutely be rechargeable.

Steve, if you could be so kind... could you answer these? I'm sure a lot of us will understand things a lot better if we can get clear on these points, and perhaps a few others. I've just noticed a lot of people getting confused (understandably) lately.

Thanks.

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I got an idea.

See if Steve will make adapter adapters, so you can have a 801 prodigy v1 to prodigy v2 adapter and so on and so forth.

You would of course have to make one for every combination, so unless i am wrong that would be 27 different adapters.

Problem solved.

edited to add. hahahahaha, in case anyone didn't pick up on the fact that i was joking.

Gibby

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
I am anxious to hear what batteries this will use, I was thinking about placing a big RCR123a battery order, but as I plan to order a couple V2's I would rather hold out until I know what they will use. It would be nice to have an army of charged batteries ready to go when these are shipped. :p

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
So is this gonna be around for a while, like part of the permanent lineup of product you sell? Cuz like, the V1 is gone away, and maybe talk of the PT going away...or something like that..... which is okay since I *want* the new one more,(silver...shiny purrty....) but I want to order 2, (plus attys) and it's looking like not til after Christmas now.... :(

~Yira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread