Can we get definitive Xhaler battery info pretty PLEASE with sugar on top??

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You'd think I'd have had this covered before the debut but I find myself still confused about the batteries. I am SURE I am not alone :D

I would like to be sure that I am ordering the correct batteries for extras here... I'm hoping Drew or someone who has inside knowledge will let us know FOR SURE we're ordering the right size/etc.

Is this correct for the 5 volt option???

2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger
2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

Am I correct that my CR123 3.7's are not right for this unit??

I see the 3.7's come in different sizes... Oh the confusion!!

I scared I'm going to order the wrong damn batteries :cry:

Thanks in advance for any help :D

NickJuice

Moved On
Aug 22, 2009
I'm sure Alot of people want a definative answer...Please drew if you could step in and let us know Exactly what batteries to use for what configuration

From what i've READ..It depends on the Voltage...for 3.7v vaping...you need 1 (3.7volt)rcr123a and a spacer, for 5v vaping you need 2 (3.0Volt) RCR123a's and the plastic disk, for 6v vaping you need 2 (3.0volt) RCR123a's and for 7.4v vaping 2 (3.7volt) RCR123a

i'd like to know what voltage is obtainable with 2 (3.7v) RCR123a's and the plastic disk

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yeah, me too. I am somewhat familiar with different types of batteries from building my own mods but I would like to hear from Drew to make sure before I order extra batteries and a backup charger. Maybe Drew will offer these on the website eventually.

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2009
    Florida
    Yes I think NickJuice is correct

for 3.7v vaping...you need 1 (3.7volt)rcr123a and a spacer, for 5v vaping you need 2 (3.0Volt) RCR123a's and the plastic disk, for 6v vaping you need 2 (3.0volt) RCR123a's and for 7.4v vaping 2 (3.7volt) RCR123a

2 (3.7v) RCR123a's will give you the 7V option - I only use this when Im doing a dry burn on my attys .... unless you have a HV atty you will burn attys out fast vaping at this high a V and it is harsh even with the HV juice although who knows some may like it :)

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 11, 2009
    Florida
    The 3.0 volt rcr123a batteries for 5 volt and 6 volt vaping are confirmed. The only thing we're not sure about is which battery we need for running it at 3.7 and 7 volts...

My main point of curiosity is how the pseudo-resistor will work in actuality. I can't wait to measure it with a multimeter to verify where around 5 volts it actually operates. I'll be comparing it with my Prodigy as soon as it lands. ;-)

Scottes

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2009
    Boston, MA
    scottesrum.com
    The only thing we're not sure about is which battery we need for running it at 3.7 and 7 volts...
    Given the size, they kinda have to be 16340s/RCR123As at 3.7v - it's the only one that comes close to the size of the 3v RCR123As.

My main point of curiosity is how the pseudo-resistor will work in actuality. I can't wait to measure it with a multimeter to verify where around 5 volts it actually operates. I'll be comparing it with my Prodigy as soon as it lands. ;-)
    Don't forget to test under load.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-device-under-load-prodigy-other-devices.html
    ;)

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 11, 2009
    Florida
    I'm banking on the 16340 rcr's as well, Scottes. When I was speaking to Drew last night on the phone, I asked him "so, the 3.7 volt batteries are what - 16340's?". His reply was something like, "****, I don't even know!".

That being said, I'd put money on the 16340 being the one. I'm just holding off on claiming it with any certainty until someone verifies for us. =]

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 24, 2009
    Central New Jersey, USA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread