Can we still buy diy online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
I have bought from both Nicotine River and Liquid Barn. I would Highly suggest going with Liquid Barn.

Or Heartland Vapes. Another Good source of Nicotine Base, Flavorings, Bottles, etc.

But whatever you decide on, I would do it Quickly. Like Tonight. Because we are in sorta a Limbo right Now of Can and maybe Can Not be sold.

And No On knows exactly How Long things might Last.

BTW - Liquid Barn has a Calculator that help estimate How Much Nicotine Base one might. Here is a Link ...

Vape Apocalypse Calculator
That is so neat I used the calculator it said I would need 7300 ml the last me approximately a year I'm not exactly sure how much vape a day but I put 20 ml at 3 mg nic. That's too neat so I would say 10,000 just to be safe for a year. :):thumbs:

Reactions: zoiDman

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I guess some syringes and glass cylinders is all that stuff a really must have or does it just make it easier on the person making the juice? Just wondering
If you are going to use a scale and mix by weight you won't need but a couple syringes for your nicotine. Nic is the only ingredient I use a syringe for.

I mix by weight so all my flavors get added to a bottle directly. Flavors in 15ml and 30ml come with a little nozzle for controlling the amount you dispense. Mixing by weight is quick compared to using syringes.

I don't use any cylinders as I mix directly into 30ml, 60ml or 120ml bottles.

Reactions: Krazys karma

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Yes, we will be able to buy VG/PG. Both have many many uses besides DIY juice.

There are DIY clones of Strawberry Crunch (<--- link). The top one has many fans. But there are others.

Nude nicotine has no more, or less, throat hit than any other nic.

I use this one. Works great. https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush-Co-121-Paint/dp/B000BROV02

PG based nicotine is much easier to work with. VG being thicker can be more difficult for some.

Nude nicotine isn't harsh. It is always crystal clear.
See that's me just going off of a couple people's opinion one was a video on YouTube some University DIY guy said that he noticed that nude nicotine was harsher than liquid Barns. See this is a perfect example of why I am so confused on who to order from and what to order. Thank you though for clarifying that their juice is not harsh I have read from other people as well that their juice is clear that it has no bad smell it does not taste bad so I guess just someone may have had some old nicotine from them and ended up doing a post on YouTube about it I believe I saved the video later on when I get a chance I will tell you who it was who did the video I cannot remember but I'm thinking it was a DIY University something but I could be wrong.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you so very much for the info I'm sorry it is taking me a minute to get back with you I fell asleep and I'm trying to respond to other people as well I left a really long post just while ago and I was hoping like everyone would see it that has messaged me in the last few hours. So used to just going with liquid Barn would that just be for the nicotine? I asked that because nicotine River they have their VG for half the price that liquid Barn does and that's the only reason I'm asking. I think I can get like a gallon from Nic River for about $11 where liquid Barn wants to charge I think 13:4 1000 ml if I'm not mistaken the price of the nicotine is about the same. I just want a good clean non harsh nicotine that is not going to make my juice taste awful I've been down that road before with buying from local vape shops that mix in the shop and it was just a waste of money. Thank you again you all are being so helpful but I will get my order together tonight and get it sent out every time I get ready to do it someone else leaves me a comment and pulls me in a different direction I wouldn't be so indecisive if this was not my first time ordering. But a lot of people has suggested Heartland or liquid Barn others his suggested Nic River I guess to each their own I've just heard good things about nicotine River but now that I've been reading up on the stuff and I watch them videos and stuff like that it's sort of pulling me in different directions I just need to get it my order sent out like ASAP not to mention sitting down and going through the flavors. I also need to get a little mixer and I guess some syringes and glass cylinders is all that stuff a really must have or does it just make it easier on the person making the juice? Just wondering

My Thinking is even if the FDA Burned the e-Cigarette market to the ground, you could still buy VG and PG and Food Flavorings. So my Main Focus right now, unless funds were Unlimited, would be to Focus on the Nicotine Base.

Having a Bunch of Glassware is Cool. And things like Graduated Cylinders can make DIY easier. But right now, I would Focus on getting as Much Nicotine as your can. And then some smaller Bottles of PG and VG to save money.

Same with Flavorings. I wouldn't go Too Nuts on buying Flavoring. If it meant that you couldn't get an Extra 500ml or Liter of Nicotine Base.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
If you are going to use a scale and mix by weight you won't need but a couple syringes for your nicotine. Nic is the only ingredient I use a syringe for.

I mix by weight so all my flavors get added to a bottle directly. Flavors in 15ml and 30ml come with a little nozzle for controlling the amount you dispense. Mixing by weight is quick compared to using syringes.

thank you for that info it was very useful and makes a lot of sense. The way you do it sounds about like how I'm wanting to do it I would like to just stick a glass bottle on digital scale and just add the drops directly into the bottle. I had someone suggest to me earlier that I can mix up about a liter of VG PG and nicotine and all I have to do is just add my flavors and I would already have the other Prima they said it saves them a lot of time it makes it a lot easier. I found that interesting I don't know how many people do it that way but it sounded good. My phone is at 4% it is going to die I need to let it charge for just a little bit and I will be back on thank you for the info it is much needed and appreciated

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
My Thinking is even if the FDA Burned the e-Cigarette market to the ground, you could still buy VG and PG and Food Flavorings. So my Main Focus right now, unless funds were Unlimited, would be to Focus on the Nicotine Base.

Having a Bunch of Glassware is Cool. And things like Graduated Cylinders can make DIY easier. But right now, I would Focus on getting as Much Nicotine as your can. And then some smaller Bottles of PG and VG to save money.

Same with Flavorings. I wouldn't go Too Nuts on buying Flavoring. If it meant that you couldn't get an Extra 500ml or Liter of Nicotine Base.
Gotcha at the moment my funds are not extremely tight. I was just going to buy 100 milligram nicotine I think the bottle says was 150 ml. And I was just going to buy a gallon of VG and 500ml of PG and as far as flavors I was just going to get enough to do a couple of recipes and both recipes call for strawberry ripe, sweet strawberry, vanilla bean ice cream I was going to get those three flavors in a 2 oz bottle and the other flavors in a 15ml bottle the recipes only change by about 3 flavors. I guess I will also get a bigger bottle of nicotine meaning that is what is going to be banned in VG and PG and flavors will still be available my phone is going to die it is at 2% I'm going to let it charge and I will be back on thank you very much

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I totally agree with @zoiDman's last post. Your current efforts should be directed towards buying as much nicotine as you can afford. :)

Everything else can be added as you go along.

When I first started DIY I made the mistake of buying way too many flavors. The best advice I can offer there is to find some recipes with flavor profiles you may enjoy based on juices you like and start with those flavors. The last thing you want is a box full of flavors you don't like. :D

Flavors will always be available to us.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I no there was sight gave me the blues for hours today. I don't no what was wrong but I finally got in to where I could place a order and saw everyone's oppenion so to be honest with me being new to all of this I was up all night last night trying to get together a list of flavors that I want to buy and the quantity because I've already spent about $400 on coils and Juice in a bottle that I normally Vape. I was just going to get 500 mL of PG and a liter of VG + 100 milligram 150 ml nicotine from nicotine River and finally I dozed off sitting here reading comments so when I open my eyes I found about 10 new comments so I am confused as hell on what to buy or where to buy from because I ended up changing my mind and going with a leader of PG a gallon of VG and 100 mg nicotine 150 ml bottle and I was just going to use nicotine River because of so there was a really big price difference in liquid Barnes VG compared to nicotine River. Nicotine River I can get double the amount of VG for what I can at liquid Barn. I need to just stop messing around and try to get this order placed before midnight I don't think nicotine River chips anything out on Fridays though is what I read on their site. So if they do pass this ban will they still be allowed to sell VG and PG? And bottles of nicotine and flavors like capella, flavor West, the flavor Apprentice sorry I'm rambling I'm sure you get the picture. I know they can probably still get away with selling VG and PG fand the flavors because it can also be used for other things but like a boy about 7 packs of coils because they are cheaper online I don't know what all they plan on Banning if they plan on Banning it all or Banning online trying to keep up with all this stuff in the Vape World is sometime overwhelming. I don't know why they don't just leave us the hell alone it's safer than smoking cigarettes and I was a 20 2 year smoker and I have been vaping for about 4 years now. I finally got tired of spending $35 on a hundred ml bottles of juice from my local vape shop and $25 for a pack of coils so I'll finally about two months ago went to online and started buying my juice like that but if I go outside of wood I'm used to vaping I always end up not liking what I have bought. I like strawberry, with like a vanilla bean ice cream with like a Graham crust or a sugar cookie I cannot stand custard so I end up wasting more vape juice then I get to vape normally. I'm a big Vapor of tailored house strawberry Crunch and they went out of business I couldn't find any of their juice fix it strawberry crunch in a zero so I bought like eight bottles of it and I figured I could add nicotine to it and that would get me by for a little bit and I got to thinking to hell with this I'm just going just start making it myself I found a really good recipe from a guy online I think his name is jfm development something like that but he had really good reviews on his strawberry crunch he also has a YouTube page and he has a lot of strawberry and cream, strawberry milkshake, strawberry cheesecake type of recipes that people like and I have found others so that's what I plan on trying to make I love strawberry at least if I'm trying to make it myself if I don't like it I can add to it and at least try to make it vapable instead of it just sitting there like I took a chance on beard number 5 well big mistake it was way too strong for my taste. Anyways sorry for such the long message and thank you for the info now I just need to make up my mind who I'm going to order from I was going to go with liquid Barn until I seen that there VG was double the price of nicotine River and now I have other people telling me to try this place for that place and I greatly appreciate it now I'm even more confused on who to order from I even had thought about ordering my VG and PG from nicotine River and ordering my nicotine from liquid Barn. I've Heard nude nicotine is good but it has more of a harsher throat kit and I don't like that I don't know how true it is. I know that I have about seven more people to reply to but I hope they all see this message because I'm sort of really talking to everyone everyone is being so helpful and nice I didn't expect to get this kind of reaction because I had been online for a few days looking for someone to get info from finally I found the efo forum and I got to post what I actually needed to know and everyone has came through. Again thank you very much and sorry for such the long message you I hope everyone who has replied to me reads your message. I'm not kidding this stuff is a lot to take in especially for a newbie. And then I got to stressing over a digital scale I don't have a big one like I have seen But I do have a digital scale and it is in grams ounces, CT and DWT so hopefully it will work it goes up to 500 I put my heaviest mod on it that holds 4 batteries and it said it weighed 4.65 in something grams I know that my digital scale on the front says compacity 500g X 0.1 G it is a digital pocket scale model us stinger and it says tested to comply with FCC standards it's about the size of a cell phone before they got like five point 7 in and bigger it fits in the palm of my hand I hope that's okay because I really don't want to spend 20 bucks on another scale I really don't even know if I need to buy syringes and all of that stuff I was going to break down and buy a couple of glass cylinders and I was going to get one of those little handheld mixers if they wasn't very expensive. I was planning on spending around $100 to start out I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and then me and up not knowing what I'm doing but I learned like what cat stands for TFA what it stands for Exedra and I have it all wrote out just in case I forget. okay I'm going to say thank you all and read the other five or six messages that have came in. :) so now I just need to decide where to get my nicotine I think I'm going to get the VG and PG from nicotine River because the VG is like half the price of what liquid Barn is charging I've also seen that a few people have posted I think about Heartland decisions decisions and I thought it was complicated just figuring out 100 mg nicotine 150 ml I picked a PG base I really don't know the difference in a PG VG base when it comes to nicotine but I've saw in all of the recipes I've looked at that it calls for PG nicotine 100 mg wow I still have so much to learno_O. thankfully that's what you guys are here for. And I hadn't thought about buying directly from like capella I did see where you had wrote where it was way cheaper to buy it that way. Okay so if anyone has a opinion on the best place to get nicotine I guess I can split that up from the VG and PG I just want a good nicotine that I can't really taste and the ones that are on here from Kentucky I don't want to say the name of the shop but it starts with a v and in with a l I don't want to be disrespectful and put their name on here but I can't stand there juice and I think it's the nicotine in it that they use maybe it's just the cheap flavors I don't know but I know I don't like it. So whatever nicotine that isn't harsh and does not turn my juice a dark brown I guess is who I need to order from everyone has gave me such good advice and has so many opinions so now I just need to figure out the nicotine and get the rest of my flavors together again thank you all so much

Sorry I can't read a wall of text like that, please use paragraphs :)

But I did read far enough to understand you are overwhelmed but that you also have ejuice on hand. So I am assuming you have enough juice to get you through for a while.

To make it easy on yourself stop worrying about flavors, PG, VG and glass bottles - those will be available no matter what because those things have been used in a plethora of things not related to tobacco. You can buy a few flavors you think you want, but don't use up too much money and energy on that right now.

Spend your energy and money stocking up on nicotine base and a small freezer (if you don't already have one). Everything else is not important right now.

Stop reading all this information about this and that and what you need tomorrow and what might happen and all this jazz. Focus on what you need today - nicotine and a means to freeze it.

How to make your juice and what you need to make it is information you can get at your leisure and not needed right now. All you need to focus on right now is nicotine and a freezer (if you don't already have one).

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    Yes, we will be able to buy VG/PG. Both have many many uses besides DIY juice.

There are DIY clones of Strawberry Crunch (<--- link). The top one has many fans. But there are others.

Nude nicotine has no more, or less, throat hit than any other nic.

I use this one. Works great. https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush-Co-121-Paint/dp/B000BROV02

PG based nicotine is much easier to work with. VG being thicker can be more difficult for some.

Nude nicotine isn't harsh. It is always crystal clear.
    That recipe you pulled up is the exact one that I have from the exact same guy he has quite a few followers and he has it down to almost perfect to hear everyone till it. I hope they are telling the truth because that's what I am shooting for he also has a YouTube channel he is actually pretty good I also watch a guy on there called DIY or die. Thank you for answering my question about the PG VG in nicotine I will go with a PG. My phone charged up just enough where good answer a couple of messages time to let it charge up a little more for some reason it will not charge when I am on it makes no sense. Thanks again so out of new nicotine liquid barn or nicotine River who would you buy from? Anyone else who read that please give your opinion also

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    Sorry I can't read a wall of text like that, please use paragraphs :)

But I did read far enough to understand you are overwhelmed but that you also have ejuice on hand. So I am assuming you have enough juice to get you through for a while.

To make it easy on yourself stop worrying about flavors, PG, VG and glass bottles - those will be available no matter what because those things have been used in a plethora of things not related to tobacco. You can buy a few flavors you think you want, but don't use up too much money and energy on that right now.

Spend your energy and money stocking up on nicotine base and a small freezer (if you don't already have one). Everything else is not important right now.

Stop reading all this information about this and that and what you need tomorrow and what might happen and all this jazz. Focus on what you need today - nicotine and a means to freeze it.

How to make your juice and what you need to make it is information you can get at your leisure and not needed right now. All you need to focus on right now is nicotine and a freezer (if you don't already have one).
    Thank you very much I understand what you're saying everything else I can buy worry about the nicotine because that is what will be banned first or that is what will be banned. I accidentally sent that message to you when it was supposed to go to show me twice and really whoever else wanted to read it because I had so many people that I needed to respond to but I'm sorry that it frustrated you and I apologize for that and I apologize for not making paragraphs.

Also I do not have a small deep freeze and there is no way for me to get one of those I do however have a small College type for like the basement which has a freezer in it and actually the refrigerator get so cold that you can't leave soft drinks in it or they will freeze especially if I turn the refrigerator up from 4 to 7 so hopefully that will be good enough for the nicotine. Thank you

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    That recipe you pulled up is the exact one that I have from the exact same guy he has quite a few followers and he has it down to almost perfect to hear everyone till it.
    Cool.

I also watch a guy on there called DIY or die.
    DIY or Die is followed by many here. He knows his stuff, big time. Also has a web site that has tons of useful info, tutorials and flavor reviews.

https://diyordievaping.com/

so out of new nicotine liquid barn or nicotine River who would you buy from?
    I've never bought nic from either place. Sorry, I can't help you there. I would say to avoid whichever one of those that was posted earlier in the thread with the nic that looked like coffee. Gross!

Alright, I'm out for the evening. BBL :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I do however have a small College type for like the basement which has a freezer in it and actually the refrigerator get so cold that you can't leave soft drinks in it or they will freeze especially if I turn the refrigerator up from 4 to 7 so hopefully that will be good enough for the nicotine.
    That will work fine. Nicotine base does not freeze solid like a soft drink does. It also needs to be stored in glass.

Reactions: Krazys karma

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Krazys karma - I started DIY in late 2014 when we had lots of time to try out nic base from various vendors. I've bought and used it from Nude Nicotine, Wizard Labs, RTS Vapes (now Nicotine Giant), Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, My Freedom Smokes, and Heartland Vapes.

The first 2 of those were the most expensive of the 6. My Freedom Smokes nic base was "peppery" and harsh to me, and they shorted me 180ml of nic base from my Liter. So I knew theirs wasn't 1 I wanted to use. The other 3...Nicotine Giant, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, and Heartland Vapes ALL had nic base that was equal in quality to Nude Nicotine and Wizard Labs, IMO...but at much lower prices.

The largest part of my nicotine "stash" is Heartland Vapes. 9 other people I've helped and/or am still helping to learn how to DIY...have bought theirs, too. Every one of them likes it! It's great quality, isn't harsh or peppery to them either, and costs only $44.99/Liter without a discount, if you buy 1-3 Liters. There's an automatic $2 per Liter discount for 4 Liters or more. Also, if you use the coupon code VAPEMAG for your first order...it'll save you 5% off. They also carry really good PG and VG in several sizes. They have FREE S/H on an order total of $50 or more, too! They're located in Oklahoma, so it wouldn't take as long to get to you as any from California will, which could make a difference because of the heat lately.

Everyone has their own preference of who they get their nic base from though. Individual tastes, whether they want throat hit or not, any budget limitations, etc. all help determine which place someone chooses usually. Right now...it's important to get as much as you can, of the total amount you'll need, and the quicker the better.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

Mixing by volume can be just as quick as by weight though, and even quicker...depending on who's doing the mixing. I use 2 syringes and the bottle I'm making my mix in, besides the actual ingredients. There's no cross contamination of the flavorings either, even though there's no need to hot or warm-water rinse the syringes until finished. The cost of the syringes and bottle is extremely minimal, too.

You don't really need cylinders when mixing by volume either. Some people do choose to use 1 though, especially when they first start mixing.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    That is so neat I used the calculator it said I would need 7300 ml the last me approximately a year I'm not exactly sure how much Vape a day but I put 20 ml at 3 mg nic. That's too neat so I would say 10,000 just to be safe for a year. :)

You figured about how much eliquid you'd vape in a year right...when you said 7300mL? (20mL x 365 days?) That's not how many mL of nic base you'd need per year though. The calculator is to help you determine how many Liters of nic base you'd need for various numbers of years...if you vape your current 20mL per day at the 3mg level you're vaping now.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    As of right now does anyone happen to no if we can still buy diy supplies off line? I was thinking of liquid barn but it's in california.

Nude Nicotine is in San Diego (CA) and they are still open and plan on remaining open for as long as they can.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    As for nicotine, take a look at Nude Nicotine (Cali). I've been buying their nic for years and have never received bad product from them. It's always clear. Recently I opened one from 5 years ago, it was very clear (like filtered water clear).

Funny. I did the same thing. My oldest bottles in the freezer are two NN Armor V2 250ml bottles from 2015 (I switched to V1 after that). I was getting nervous because they are in amber bottles so I had to check. Crystal clear. I buy my VG and PG from NN also.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread