Can we still buy diy online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
That's what I was thinking but then again with the strawberry and the vanilla bean ice cream I was wondering if 15 mL would make very much at all?
Get the 30ml bottles then. Those would get you far enough along in knowing if you like them or not.

Also some people get a peppery taste from the TFA vanilla bean ice cream even after a long steep. Another reason to go with either 15 or 30ml bottles. At least until you know if you like it or not.

And just cause a flavor is popular with many folks does not mean you will like it. That's true of all flavors and flavor brands.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm in kentucky
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city & country), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Reactions: Krazys karma

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city & country), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...
I've been trying to figure out how to do all that I don't even no how to get to my messages. But I will go there and do what you said and try to get it all filled in. And ty for the welcome

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I ended up placing a order for 100mg nic/250 ml I got some vg and pg also.
I didn't get a gallon from liquid barn the I only got 2 x 500 ml and figured I could go to nicotine river and get a gallon of vg for 11.00 bucks I may order some more nic from them later in today.

My main thing was to get a order to go threw with some nicotine today like everyone said. This is my 1st time I didn't start doing this soon enough to mess around with a hand full of vendors.

Good. Just remember that 250 ml 100mg/ml won't last you very long. depending on your vaping habits, of course. VG, PG and flavorings will always be available and won't be taxed. If I were you, I would order more nicotine in the near future. Thanksgiving is a good time to buy as most vendors, including Nude Nicotine, offer nice sales.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
IMO the DIY starter kits are, meh at best. You are much better off doing exactly what you are doing. This way you are getting precisely what you need and want. Several folks I know who bought DIY starter kits wish they hadn't and were disappointed with them.

I agree. I'd rather pay a little more for things I need than a little less for a bunch of stuff I'll never use. ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
NN Armor v2 120ml btl's are the only nic in my freezer. Always clear and never rec'd a bad batch. Excellent quality nic. Years ago people knocked them a lot for their slow prep and ship times. I never had an issue with them. :)

I switched to 125 ml V1 bottles because I didn't like having to use a slip tip syringe to get the nic out. Do you use a syringe or do you just take out the plug?
I know several folks who use mixers like the one I linked. Give it about a 1 minute mix, cap it and let her steep away. Simple, Fast and Easy.

And yes, 00Kat, I know ye to be a 'shake not stirred' kind of Gal! :D

;)

AntiqueFearlessGourami-small.gif

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Good. Just remember that 250 ml 100mg/ml won't last you very long. depending on your vaping habits, of course. VG, PG and flavorings will always be available and won't be taxed. If I were you, I would order more nicotine in the near future. Thanksgiving is a good time to buy as most vendors, including Nude Nicotine, offer nice sales.
Ty for the info I plan on getting some more nicotine this weekend. I just to atleast place 1 order. And then I was actually going to use nicotine river supply co. Because there vg is 11 bucks a gallon and I've always seen and heard good things about them. Well I have been notified that they are having issues with there nic. being very oxidized and one person sent me a picture and it looked like mud. Because I was going to order 250 more mL of nicotine through them along with a gallon of VG. Now I'm not so sure on where I want to get my next order of nicotine from. Because I would still like to get a gallon of VG from nicotine River Supply Company they have the best prices on VG that I have seen 4 a gallon. Most places have it for 25 to $35 a gallon. I've checked out Bull City and will I see a lot of good things about their VG but people are complaining of how expensive they are. But anyways thank you very much and I will be getting another order out really soon because I still need to get my flavors. Someone sent me a link for the apocalypse calculator on how long nicotine will last you and I did it wrong anyways would I ordered will last me about a year-and-a-half. Getting started out is the hard part that's where we're spending a lot of money comes in I see. Not to mention I already spent about $400 on coils and stuff like that from online stores because they are so much cheaper than local vape shops. I plan on spending about another hundred dollars I figure that will get me my flavors and some nicotine and some more VG and then I can take it slow from there. Especially with the flavors and the VG and PG.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Don't worry about VG--you don't need to buy a gallon--VG is inexpensive and will always be available. You can get Humco brand VG at Walmart. As long as it's USP grade, you're fine. Your main concern right now should be getting the best nicotine base you can afford and store is safely (in small glass bottles, 125 ml size is best) in the freezer. The best brands are CNT, Nude Nicotine and Chemnovatic.

Getting oxidized nicotine from River in order to get the best price for a gallon of VG makes very little sense to me. ;)

That's my advice.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Don't worry about VG--you don't need to buy a gallon--VG is inexpensive and will always be available. You can get Humco brand VG at Walmart. As long as it's USP grade, you're fine. Your main concern right now should be getting the best nicotine base you can afford and store is safely (in small glass bottles, 125 ml size is best) in the freezer. The best brands are CNT, Nude Nicotine and Chemnovatic.

Getting oxidized nicotine from River in order to get the best price for a gallon of VG makes very little sense to me. ;)

That's my advice.
Ty for the advice I got 250ml CNT nicotine from liquid Barn. I wasn't going to get bad nicotine from nicotine River Supply to save money on VG. From what I had always red and saw and it was actually called Nic River they always had really good reviews exedra. but since I've been on here I have learned that River Supply company is having issues with their nicotine. So now I have to get some more nicotine elsewhere I wish I would have just went ahead and ordered what I needed from liquid Barn. But I will be placing an order for at least some nicotine this weekend and they will get the order Monday. I am thinking about going with nude nicotine or just ordering more from liquid Barn. Someone sent me the Apocalypse calculator but I did not use it correctly that is how come I ordered the wrong amount of nicotine to begin with. I'm not really stressing on money I mean I don't want to spend more than I have to but starting out on anything is always where you were going to spend your most money. I still need to get flavors and some more VG but like a few people have said including you I need to worry about nicotine.
But if I can I would like to go ahead and order some flavors from Bull City and nicotine River Supply Company is having a really good sale on all their flavors as well. Having everything but the flavors is like taking a kid in a candy store and saying here you can look but don't touch. Of course I want to order some flavors I'm finally doing it I took the DIY step I can't wait to finally start making my own juice. So hopefully by this weekend I will have everything sorted out and where I'm going to be ordering everything from but if I don't I will make sure that I get at least some more nicotine ordered. Thank you for your advice. I'm always open to suggestions.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Krazys karma, when using flavours. Keep it simple to begin with, as even with a few ingredients I have found out that a 2 week steep really changes things.

Try and avoid Sucralose as a sweetener, it does a number on coils and wicking. I've not noticed the same with Ethyl Maltol though, it's also sold as Cotton Candy flavour as well for future reference.

And a really nice simple vape combination that I've experienced is Blueberry and Peppermint / mint, very simple an idea and doesn't need much sweetener.

I'd still like to try Xylitol as a sweetener though, as it would be nice to see what it's like.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I switched to 125 ml V1 bottles because I didn't like having to use a slip tip syringe to get the nic out. Do you use a syringe or do you just take out the plug?
I use the original sharp blunt fill needles on my syringes that NN used to include with orders. They are heavy duty 18g, I'm still using my original one from years ago. And they are sharp! I've accidentally jabbed myself once or twice. But it works great.
127-A362-B-A288-4-B1-C-871-C-CC3-FE8275-E1-E.jpg
Pretty sure they stopped selling/including those years ago but thankfully I have a bunch of them. I leave the inlet seals in the Armor v2 bottles cause they keep the nic clear and fresh. With the syringe I am always very careful not to introduce any air into a bottle.

And just for you... classier in a Tux!!!
6fe46e57713112fec95e939d6c7b28e6.jpg

And a Vesper martini. "Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin slice of lemon peel." Always shaken, not stirred! ;) :D

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
@Krazys karma, when using flavours. Keep it simple to begin with, as even with a few ingredients I have found out that a 2 week steep really changes things.

Try and avoid Sucralose as a sweetener, it does a number on coils and wicking. I've not noticed the same with Ethyl Maltol though, it's also sold as Cotton Candy flavour as well for future reference.

And a really nice simple vape combination that I've experienced is Blueberry and Peppermint / mint, very simple an idea and doesn't need much sweetener.

I'd still like to try

as a sweetener though, as it would be nice to see what it's like.
Thank you for the information. My juice I been vaping for about a year kills my coils in about a week. Hopefully when I get my stuff I will be able to find a recipe I like that doesn't have so much sweetener so my coils will last me longer.

That is the 1st time I've heard of the Xylitol. I will have to look into it. I've only heard 1 other person mention Ethyl Maltol and that was in a you tube video. A guy I follow named diyordie was talking about it.

I guess when I start making my own juice I will learn more and more as I go along. After I'm listening to all of you all talk I feel like a idiot. But I guess it comes with experience I can't expect to know as much as people who have been making their own juice for 5 or 10 years. But I am willing to learn and taking all the info I can I've also been taking note as I talk with people. Thanks again

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Get the 30ml bottles then. Those would get you far enough along in knowing if you like them or not.

Also some people get a peppery taste from the TFA vanilla bean ice cream even after a long steep. Another reason to go with either 15 or 30ml bottles. At least until you know if you like it or not.

And just cause a flavor is popular with many folks does not mean you will like it. That's true of all flavors and flavor brands.
Thanks for the info on the TFA vanilla bean ice cream tell me about some people get a peppery taste even after it has steeped. The only reason I had planned on getting a bigger bottle of strawberry right and sweet strawberry and the vanilla bean ice cream is because I think those three will be some of the main ones I use. I just didn't know if 10 or 15 mL would be enough. I've also read a lot of good things about capella flavors. There are so many different ones it will be a trial and error and probably a lot of money. Well yes it was fun. I will try to keep it simple at first and get about 10 flavors with the kind of juice I like it shouldn't be too hard can make several different kinds of juices with about 10 different flavors. I mean like strawberry cheesecake, strawberry milkshake, strawberry milk . I could go on and on with the strawberry. I think with the two strawberries I'm going to go with capella. I'm not so sure about the vanilla bean ice cream I will probably go with capella on that as well. The cheesecake graham cracker I will probably go with TFA and the sugar cookie v1 probbly go with cap. for the yellow cake I will probably use FW. the super sweet I think I will use cap . I will order all of those in 10 to 15ml the two strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream. I went over what I plan on getting in flavors for sure there are still a few others that I think I'm going to get I need to look over the list. I just mentioned them all the view and the brand I was thinking of going with to get your opinion. I think what order will be enough can make a few different kinds and will let me know if I'm going to like it or not or if I need to go with another company like if I don't like the capella I could try the flavor Apprentice, Mount Baker Vapor, flavor West, I think you get the picture on where I'm going with it. Everyone has their own preference everyone is different so thank you for the heads up. I'm liable not to know if it is the nicotine the flavoring or something else. The nicotine I got was CNT from liquid Barn I got the most expensive kind they had two different kinds I still need to order some more nicotine though I'm going to get that order out Monday I still need to do my flavors and get them sent out as well. Everyone is telling me well not everyone but a few people is telling me just to worry about nicotine and get the other stuff later on. And I see where they are coming from but I don't want to have all the other ingredients except the flavors because when I get everything I would like to start trying to make my own juices as soon as I can. Thank you

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
@Krazys karma, as long as you can vape it that's all that really matters to begin with. But each time you make a batch you'll improve.

And by the sounds of it, the liquid your using at the moment may well use Sucralose as the sweetener.
The Jews I'm vaping now is by tailored house it is called strawberry crunch that's my all day Vape. I did recently order something in the mail how old is Young Napoleon it is pretty good it's not as strong as I thought it is a strawberry shortcake I tried to use a mod that has a counter on it to keep up with how many hits I get out of a coil so I'm going to see if the young Napoleon is any easier on the coils Vaporham Lincoln makes the young Napoleon I just got.

Reactions: Mordacai

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
The Jews I'm vaping now is by tailored house it is called strawberry crunch that's my all day Vape. I did recently order something in the mail how old is Young Napoleon it is pretty good it's not as strong as I thought it is a strawberry shortcake I tried to use a mod that has a counter on it to keep up with how many hits I get out of a coil so I'm going to see if the young Napoleon is any easier on the coils Vaporham Lincoln makes the young Napoleon I just got.
Sorry about the spelling my phone spell check tends to change my words sometimes I hope you can understand what I tried to say

Reactions: Mordacai

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Just poking around and decided, I may need some diy mix suggestions from such a wise person.

No you don't. I'm the world's worst mixer. And I like unflavored. I have maybe 20 flavors tops, mostly FA because they don't have diketones, use 10 of them, if that. And when I mix, I mix really low--1-3%. ;) A drop of of green tea and a drop of pear. Or a drop of black tea and a drop of fresh cream. You get the idea. Or two drops of custard and a drop of lime. :lol:

Reactions: kas122461
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread