Can we use Boge 2.0 Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
I don't have the Provari yet....but am leaning this direction. Using eGo batts right now....Could I use the boge 2.0 cartos with this say at 4.3? Trying to get a guage as to what volts for what cartos/attys, etc. Would consider a tank system but have been reading all sorts of pros and cons and don't have a clue where to start there.

Thanks!

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
You should be able to get away with that. I have used my 2.0 on my 5V box while waiting for a new carto order to come in. You just get a warmer hit. I regularly use regular resistance (around 3.0) on it now. I wouldn't recommend cranking up the voltage too high until you get some higher resistance cartos to use at higher voltage. I purposely order my LR cartos in black and my reg resistance in silver so I don't get them confused. Have fun with your new mod!

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Yes you can use 2.0 ohm with the Provari, you just won't get the upper end of the voltage scale due to the 2.5 amp limit which most likely would be to hot with 2.0 ohm anyway. You'll still have plenty of room to tweak to taste.

Boge also makes a 3.0 ohm carto which I'd recommend with the Provari. That'll give you the full range and better battery life but if you've already got 2.0 ohm no reason not to use them.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm using a 2.0 boge in a tank right now at 4v on my Provari (I just love being able to say "on my Provari"!)
I've gone up to 4.2 but I like it better at 4v.

I have a lavatube and it just doesn't want to work with the lower resistance cartos. With a 1.7 or a 2.0 it always knocks me down to an unsatisfying 3.7ish. The readout says one thing but my voltmeter tells the truth.

jburns

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
North Carolina
2.0 ohms at 4.25v gives you about 9 watts of vaping power.

This is a good chart to bookmark.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Click on it to expand it for a larger image.

Thanks for the chart. I just ordered my Provari this morning. It has already shipped and will be here Monday. The chart will be very helpful as I use up my collection of various atomizers.

jburns

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
North Carolina
Well my Provari arrived today and all I can say is wow. Nice piece of kit for sure. I got the starter kit that came with a few eGo Tank Mega Atomizers Type B so that's what I attached for my first vape. So far so good. Much more vapor than I am used too and easy to fill. I'll have to see how long it lasts. The atomizer reads 2.2 ohms and I currently have the Provari set at 4.0 which is giving me 7.2 watts according to the chart. I'll play with it some but for now it is really impressing me where it is.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
Just divide the volts by the resistance: 4.3 / 2 = 2.15

As long as the result is below the 2.5 amp limit, it'll work.

How's that work with dual coil? (I know the provari is not aware of the dual coil..).. Por ejemplo.. I have a 1.5 ohm DC tank from .. somewhere.. is that 1.5 ohm x2, or 1.5ohm total? so say 6V (hypothetically, I know I can't get there).. 6V / 3 = 2amp or 6V / 1.5 = 4 amps = E2 error.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
How's that work with dual coil? (I know the provari is not aware of the dual coil..).. Por ejemplo.. I have a 1.5 ohm DC tank from .. somewhere.. is that 1.5 ohm x2, or 1.5ohm total? so say 6V (hypothetically, I know I can't get there).. 6V / 3 = 2amp or 6V / 1.5 = 4 amps = E2 error.

A DC carto has two 3ohm coils in parallel, resulting in 1.5ohm resistance.

I have one that reads 1.6 on the Provari. It won't run above 4.2V without E2 error. At 4.2V that's 11.8 watts spread over two coils, so ~6 watts each coil. In reality, it runs fine at 3.8V, but I'm not a fan of the TH.

Another DC I have shows 2.6ohm, and vapes great at 4.8V. Still not a fan, but you're better off with higher-resistance on the DC cartos.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
A DC carto has two 3ohm coils in parallel, resulting in 1.5ohm resistance.

I have one that reads 1.6 on the Provari. It won't run above 4.2V without E2 error. At 4.2V that's 11.8 watts spread over two coils, so ~6 watts each coil. In reality, it runs fine at 3.8V, but I'm not a fan of the TH.

Another DC I have shows 2.6ohm, and vapes great at 4.8V. Still not a fan, but you're better off with higher-resistance on the DC cartos.

Awesome.. thank you! :)

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
No problem, best is 3.0 if you want to go the full range of voltage. 2.0 will work though, so if you have extra cartos sitting around you can use them on your Provari!

Thanks.. I ordered some 2.5 dual coils for my 6ml altsmoke tanks.. I figure that'll give me a decent range until I find a solid 3.0 tank setup that doesn't cost me $50. :)

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I have been using bore 2.0 cartos for about three months in my provaris with a lil mama pyrex tank and they work astonishingly well at 3.8-4.2 volts. The longevity you can expect to receive out of them will nearly be doubled as well, which is a huge perk in my book. Outside of the formentioned benefits, the flavor is enhanced dramatically when boge 2.0s are slapped in a tank and the consistency of the hit is amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread