• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Can we vape WATER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Hey hey hey! :D

drapeau-quebec.gif

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Yeah thats the question ?

NOPE - that's the answer.

On using it to thin out VG (see above) - yeah - it works okay - but atty's don't like water.

A better way to thin VG - put a closed VG bottle into a cup of very hot water - hold it under for 20 minutes. Shake.

Repeat until your VG is the consistency you want.

Once thinned - VG does not go back to thick.

Last edited:

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
How does heating up VG permanently reduce it's viscosity? Or does some water manage to get inside using the "submerge technique?"

It's the heat that thins it. Not being a chemist - my assumption is that heat changes the cellular structure of the VG - thus it doesn't go back.

Similar to what happens with Jello - once jellied - it doesn't go back to liquid form.

Or it could be similar to what happens when water rests on limestone and a chemical reaction permanently changes the structure.

...chemists here anyone???

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Commercial PG is about 10% water to start with. Then, we add enough water to equal another 10% of the juice quanitity we are making, plus flavors that contain water, so there's lots of water in the mix.

I've tried vaping while washing out an atty. At first, nothing. Then, when some of it evaporates, there comes a short period where it tastes like ........... on a stick. Satisfied my curiosity with one toke.

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
NOPE - that's the answer.

On using it to thin out VG (see above) - yeah - it works okay - but atty's don't like water.

A better way to thin VG - put a closed VG bottle into a cup of very hot water - hold it under for 20 minutes. Shake.

Repeat until your VG is the consistency you want.

Once thinned - VG does not go back to thick.

Wow, I can't believe I haven't heard this before! Thanks for the excellent tip! Is it possible to make it too thin this way?

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Wow, I can't believe I haven't heard this before! Thanks for the excellent tip! Is it possible to make it too thin this way?

Haven't got there yet! I've thinned one bottle with 5 very hot water soaks - it's still more viscous than PG - but much less than it was.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Kat do you see any danger of nuking it in the microwave? I get the same results only it takes 4-5 seconds :)

I wouldn`t trust the microwave.

There is no way of knowing that the plastic bottle doesn`t contain something that is not microwave safe.

For the VG - might be prudent to do a bit of research on VG and microwaves....

(or ask Hungrem - he has a thread for that!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread