Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yep there's no competition or race and many awake 1 day to discover they enjoy vaping more than analogs. The one HUGE problem with vaping is it's a very personal program- what works for some won't work for others- nic level, juice, delivery systems, PVs, some quit immediately while others taper off and however you do it, it's all good.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
To my way of thinking this is a lot less about "quitting smoking" than about "Freedom". I still smoke, though not nearly as much, and I'm gradually finding I enjoy analogs less & less. Also, I'm a coffee freak, and if I'm having a really good cup of coffee, these days the last thing in the world I'd want to do is light a cigarette! I have some juices that work great with good coffee. OTOH if the coffee isn't anything special then the vape won't be either. Something I read on here though that I really took to heart: every cigarette I DON'T SMOKE is a WIN! So even if I still burn a few, I'm having a lot more wins than losses.

trailwalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Little Rock AR
so in the beginning is it ok to smoke both traditional and ecigs?
when i got into this i didn't even plan to quit i just needed something i could still do in the house and at work in places that i can't smoke. but after i got started i have had a pack in the van i drive ( where i smoke 1 every morning before i think about)
but i find that i don't need them anymore so will not buy more.

subliminalurge

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2011
Quad Cities
Sure, do both. In fact, I think you'll be more successful at getting off the cigarettes if you go ahead and give yourself permission to continue smoking guilt free.

If you tell yourself that you MUST quit smoking RIGHT NOW, that just adds pressure and stress to the whole thing. And we all know how pressure and stress make it so much easier not to smoke, right?

In the long run you'll be more successful if you go in with the right attitude. Smoking a real cigarette is not a failure. But every one that you DON"T smoke is a success. Focus on the success.

ibytoohi

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Longwood, FL
Mother, happy new year. There are many different ways to quit analogs all together There is no right or wrong. Let me share what little strength, hope, and experience that I have.

I was at least a 2 PAD smoker for over 40 years and I am paying the price health-wise for it. I tried to quit in every way possible including the 7 day straight jacket method. Couldn't do it. Smoking was everything to me. Cigs were the first thing I reached for in the morning, my reward for tasks completed, getting in the car, getting out of the car, after sex, before sex, just thinking about sex, after a meal, sometimes during a meal, hanging up the phone, picking up the phone, and etc. etc etc.
They were my constant companion, my friend, my lover, my comforter, and my enemy. I loved and needed them while I hated myself for my weakness/addiction.

When I finally got p.o.'d enough to stop at the 7/11 and instead of buying a single pack (always a single pack for over 20 years because I was going to quit tomorrow) I bought an NJOY kit. My first ecig was a revelation. It wasn't the taste of the pre-filled cartos. All of a sudden I realized the details of my addiction. Yes, I was addicted to nicotine and I had to have it, but at least 80% of my addiction was behavioral. Smoking was a flight to pleasure, a reward for tasks completed real or imaginary.

I have not had an analog since that day almost a year ago. For me it is a miracle. I still relieve stress through my behavioral reward system (vaping) but it is so much more. It's FUN! In the next few months you will begin the search for your perfect all day vape. What an adventure. Keep at it and before you know it you'll be looking at a year smoke free. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions of anyone at ECF. They are some of the most knowledgeable and helpful people I know. They understand because they've been there.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
Some people do. There are no rules, and it's not a race to quit. If you're like many people, you'll eventually actually prefer vaping to analogs.

that was exactly my thought. think of it as an experiment .. not a big life changing event. given the choice you may see how unappealing normal cigs can be.

i was concerned about OD during the transition, especially how frequently i was vaping .. much much more than i was smoking. but after a week or so the normal cigs lost their luster. then after a month i started noticing my vaping was tapering back to 'routine' instead of 'incessant'.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
so in the beginning is it ok to smoke both traditional and ecigs?

I think it's important to remember that this is your personal journey so whatever works for you is great. Even if it's only helping you to cut down on your analog consumption, in my books, that is success! All the best to you and welcome to ECF!

jacquelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
California
I did for a few months. I went from 2 packs to 0. I started on the e-cigs from the tobacco shops. I then upgraded to better pv. I remember trying to quit and failed. I realized my body would say when I was done. Right around thanksgiving I realized I hadn't smoked an anolog all day and didn't want one. About a week after with no anolog, I tried one... It reminded me of a burnt cartomizer and that made me realize they taste so bad, I can't see me ever going back.

Let you guide you to when you are done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread