smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    If you're talking about 100mg nic (10% pure), then yes put it in the freezer. Will it freeze rock solid? No, not unless you can get your freezer to minus whatever 100 degrees.

I take my bulk stash and split it in half (500ml), then split the half in half (250ml), then the rest into 2 100mls, all with little headroom. I feel comfortable doing this a couple of times until I'm left with about 60mls that I work with and keep in the fridge. Be sure to bring nic from the freezer to room temperature before opening to prevent condensation from being added to your nic.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    If you're talking about 100mg nic (10% pure), then yes put it in the freezer. Will it freeze rock solid? No, not unless you can get your freezer to minus whatever 100 degrees.

I take my bulk stash and split it in half (500ml), then split the half in half (250ml), then the rest into 2 100mls, all with little headroom. I feel comfortable doing this a couple of times until I'm left with about 60mls that I work with and keep in the fridge. Be sure to bring nic from the freezer to room temperature before opening to prevent condensation from being added to your nic.

Thanks as I wasn't sure. Now to see if Nicotine Giant is legit. There in my state but don't answer phone.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    It's mainly edible products that shouldn't be defrosted and re-frozen. I can see no reason why nicotine in solution couldn't be - i've thawed out a litre bottle to decant 100mls and then placed the bottle back in the freezer (multiple times, obviously) and so far, touch wood, it hasn't made me ill or encouraged any unusual growths.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I suppose there's that, too. I don't have the patience to do multiple refreezes on the same batch. Plus, I want to make sure the nic is almost all the way to the top of the bottle so there's not a bunch of air to cause oxidation.

Thanks as I wasn't sure. Now to see if Nicotine Giant is legit. There in my state but don't answer phone.

Nicotine Giant is legit. At least according @UncleJunkle's blog.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Thanks as I wasn't sure. Now to see if Nicotine Giant is legit.

Nicotine Giant is definitely legit. I've been ordering from them since they were RTS Vapes several years ago, before they changed their name. People I've gotten started with DIY just lately have also ordered their own nic base from them. No problems at all with NG, and their nic base is really good quality, too, IMO and many others.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    We are not allowed to discuss "pure" (as mentioned, you probably meant 100 mg/ml)
    By the way, nic comes in VG, PG or 50/50. PG is thinner, VG is thicker and hard to use if frozen. I have 50/50 but wish I had stuck to PG... just have to warm it up a bit and it pours easily (I once had VG and it was hard to work with unless fully warmed up) It's a good idea to just have one smaller bottle (like 50 ml or less) in the fridge so you don't have to keep messing with the stuff in the freezer. Also every time you open a bottle fresh oxygen gets in there (you want to avoid that)

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Anybody Please;

I just jumped on to MFS for some more 100mg/ml Nic Base and found them out of business since May 31 I think. Where can I get some comparable Nic Base ( I only have 1 liter left) ? Any help appreciated. I liked the MFS Nic as I mostly mix Unflavored anyway.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I sure hope so.

This is from the bottle currently in use. It's from 2014, and was taken from the freezer in January of this year. Some slight discoloration but tastes and smells absolutely fine.

Juice_20210730-2036.png

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Anybody Please;

I just jumped on to MFS for some more 100mg/ml Nic Base and found them out of business since May 31 I think. Where can I get some comparable Nic Base ( I only have 1 liter left) ? Any help appreciated. I liked the MFS Nic as I mostly mix Unflavored anyway.

@UncleJunkle has an updated list of those still selling nic retail

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    @YoursTruli, @zoiDman, @UncleJunkle, Thanks a bunch. Now for the research to find "the one".

Before I forget, nice to meet you @UncleJunkle, and thank you very much for the list, you might also add (if you want) www.ecigexpress.com also went out of business a few years ago to my dismay, as it was my first and Favorite Nic that got me into mixing my own juice back in 2015 sometime. Then, when I found out ECX went Belly-Up, I bought a liter of MFS and found it very pleasant (Not as good as ECX Nic to MY taste buds, but still very good). So I have that liter in the Fridge right now.

Now for you two Dave and Kat. There seems to be absolutely no chance of hope for you two whatsoever. Encourageables (spelling ??) is all I can say about ya'll. I should report both of you to the "No Hope Division" under section 23.112.215 of the U.S. Penal Code which is attached to the "Agency to protect against Hi-Jinx running Threads a-muck and Slap-Stick Tom-Foolery". :lol:

Damn, after all that thinking and researching to find that section, I'm Tired. I knew it was there, as there is a law about everything now-a-days it seems.;) Good to hear from you two Good, Good Friends. I might go to our usual place to converse, but Saturday seems more likely. That good for ya'll ??:thumbs:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Now for you two Dave and Kat. There seems to be absolutely no chance of hope for you two whatsoever.
    52 plus 1 -

We ARE ENCOURAGE-able. Just give us an inch... <so to speak>

Have no clue about tomorrow. Katurdays are always busy and weird. (much like me)

GOOD to see you!!!!!!!!

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Ignoring any other potential down-sides (like expansion/contraction, or exposure to oxygen), I'd STILL recommend the approach I think most people take. Re-bottle or buy nic in smaller bottles than 1 L, so that you can KEEP most of it continuously in the freezer - and only remove one bottle at a time for use.
    This is what I'm doing. I stored roughly 15 years worth of nic in a little freezer in 120 ml bottles. I take out 1 bottle - and keep it in shaded room temp - for the 5 or 6 months it's gonna last.

This way, say 3 years from now, when I need some nic - it won't be nic that's been through big temp swings - it'll be nic that's been cold the whole time.
    I even "sealed" the bottles!!

rebottled1.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread