Can you help me pick a tobacco flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I've tried reading the reviews and everything, but I just get overwhelmed. I am looking for a dry, sweet tobacco. Like the one used in FSUSA's Wyatt Earp (that one reminded me of the smell of an old tobacco barn like tobacco and sawdust). I don't mind if it has a little woodsy tone to it, but it would be better if it didn't. I definitely don't want anything with cocoa, or with 555-like overtones. What's a good base tobacco flavor that would fulfill these requirements?

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Somewhere on this site there is a chart with the flavor profiles and notes of some Flavour Art tobacco's although I wish the list was updated it does not include all the tobaccos they carry which I wish it would get updated so one could make a better guess.

Some people swear by using those in conjunction with either Seedman's commercial or Tobacco Absolute. If I was you I would start with looking up the Flavour Art Chart here and I will say this much-- if you want no cocoa or nutty or vanilla don't buy Dark Vapure or a RY4 type.

You might like the Cuban one they carry. Its really hard to know you just have to pick a few and go from there.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Sorry, I got a sample of that juice once, a long time ago.

I remember thinking it was a poor mix of FA's Virginia and Cowboy Blend with too much EM.

I could be completely wrong as I did not care for it and quickly gave it away.

Dry and sweet makes me think of Burley at medium levels.... Been awhile since I played with Burley alone...

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I've tried reading the reviews and everything, but I just get overwhelmed. I am looking for a dry, sweet tobacco.

I'm replying because it sounds like your preference mirrors my own. I can suggest two that I think will suit you. Virginia from Backwoods Brew and believe it or not, DeKang's Winston (sometimes Wenston). The latter I order at 24mg (PG) and cut it accordingly with VG to get to my 18mg level and to thicken it up a smidgeon.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the suggestions. I really think I need to check out Burley and Cuban. I just got some shade in, but I can't tell anything about it smelling the bottle. I also got a rose tobacco, but it smells overwhelmingly rose out of the bottle. You know, I love vaporbomb's ry4, but it's unlike any other ry4 I ever had, and for a time I vaped FSUSA's ry4, but then it started tasting too much like coffee. I tried a Virginia from VB, and I did like that pretty well, and the Cowboy was pretty decent, too, but both of them were missing...something. The dessert ship had a nice tobacco base but was too spicy for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread