Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Congrats Dano for opting to buy the best PV out there!

I would suggest the Grand for your first PV.

You will need:

batteries: AW IMR 18650 for the Grand. Two or three should do you.
Charger: They have great prices on them here use code ECF5 for 5% off. RTD Vapor
Atomizers or Cartos: There are atomizers and cartomizers available on the reosmods site. Cartomizers might be a little easier for you.
Juice: Your choice of mg of nic. You might want a 24 or 36 mg to start.
Drip Tip: You will need one because it is much nicer than using the end cap on a cartomizer or atomizer.
Multimeter: These are not required to have but make checking your batteries and atomizers easy.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Am i gonna need a back up of any sort?

Will this be self axplanatory when i finally get all my stuff?

Here is a great thread to read, it will explain some things to you. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/168278-if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html
This thread is good to read first, a user guide to Grand: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/288169-illustrated-guide-reo-english.html

Here is this forum index. You will find lots to read, and can learn some while you are waiting for your REO! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html

Juice is the liquid that contains nicotine. It turns to vapor when heated.
A atomizer or cartomizer is what heats up and turns the juice into vapor.
A drip tip fits on the top of the atomizer or cartomizer and gives you more comfort when vaping (since it is vapor it is not smoking)

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Welcome, Dano :)
Oh my...so we're starting from scratch, huh? Good for you! :thumbs:

Please know we are here to help you...not just in the REO forum, but all of ECF. The transition from smoking to vaping can take days or months. Go at your own pace and don't sweat the small stuff. If you fall off your wagon, just keep in mind that it's a process. Don't be too hard on yourself, celebrate the ones you don't smoke. :)

I, too, would suggest the Grand to start. If you get to a point where you want to get more technical, then the VV is good option.

Nerak gave you an excellent list. I would like to add a couple things.

Depending on how much you smoke in a day, I would suggest getting a small variety of nic levels. When you're just starting out, there is no telling what is going to hit that sweet spot for you while you're transitioning. So I would add a 12mg and an 18mg to her list. I started at 12mg and it was okay, but I upped to 24 and have been working my way down ever since. I'm back down to 12mg again, but I really needed some stronger stuff for a while. Don't go over 36...it is really potent and there aren't many of us who can even do that. I could never do 36mg, myself. 24mg was my max. If you go for tobacco flavors, be aware that 12mg tobaccos probably won't taste the same as the same flavor in 18 or 24mg. There are a bunch of vendors you can buy juice from. But a few that come to mind are avejuice.com, backwoodsbrew.com, ecigexpress.com. Be aware that as you transition away from cigarettes, you will go through some minor physical changes and your taste buds will be affected. Don't be surprised if your tastes change and you find the juice you first fall in love with no longer satisfies you. It happens to all of us.

Batteries: I would suggest buying 3. It's always a good idea to have one standing by already charged when you're running. Allow your batteries to rest for about an hour before using after you take them off the charger. You can get your batteries, charger, and more at RTD as Nerak suggested.

Atomizers & Cartomizers: There are so many to choose from. And there really is no "right" answer. Some of us like one over the other. Make sure when you're buying these that they are either a 510 or 306. And when you're getting the drip tips, make sure you're buying a matching tip. See pictures below. When you're starting out, I would recommend getting a handful of the less expensive ones while you learn. It will save you the added anger of spending $20 per atty and then burning them out after a few days. You can get these on reosmods.com, rtdvapor.com, avidvaper.com, madvapes.com and a host of other sites. I suggest finding a couple different resistances like 1.5Ω and 2.0Ω or anywhere in between. The higher resistance works better with sweet juices and the lower resistance works good with tobaccos, in my experience. A similar rule applies to cartomizers, but they're a lot less expensive. I'm not a carto user, myself so I don't have any recommendations for you, but do know that the 510 cartomizers take the 510 drip tips. 306 cartomizers take an entirely different drip tip and are really hard to find, so I would avoid those for now.

The difference between atomizers and cartomizers is that cartomziers has a poly fill material inside that holds juice in there. Atomizers do not have that, so they are more responsive...but also have a bigger learning curve. I prefer the 306 version. (these days I'm using rebuildable atomziers, but I think that is something you will want to look into after you have gotten comfortable with vaping. They are fantastic, but while you're going through the transition, the less fiddling you have to do, the better.)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of important information, but others will add their 2 cents so you'll be covered. :laugh: I hope this helps get you started. And please keep asking questions if there is anything you don't get. We'll do our best to get you up to speed.

As you will see below, the one on the far left has a 306 atomizer and drip tip. The other two have 510 atomizers and drip tips. The 306 drip tip covers the entire atomizer. The 510 atomizers have their own tubes so the trip tip just fits in at the top. The drip tips are not interchangeable between the two styles.
001-5.jpg

003-2.jpg

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
A few folks have found that they like their nic straight up without additional flavors. But I still find I prefer a sweet taste...just to remind me how much better these taste than the real deal. The chemical flavor you probably can't even taste anymore is awful and I personally have never wanted to duplicate it.

Don't worry about searching...if you can't find what you're looking for in the index, you'll likely have a tough time with the search since there is so much to sort through. Sometimes it is easier to ask...and we can provide links to good threads if you can't find them yourself. :blush: we've been at it for a while.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
you guys are great, i'm sure i'll have lots of questions.

i'll try not to be too lazy and use the search feature once in awhile lol.

i'm close to 2 packs aday of lights. i'll be happy if i'm getting my nicotine, i don't really need the tobacco taste.

I used menthol cigs. So thought that was what I would want in a juice. I found that I love the sweet flavors. The tobacco flavor I do use some. You might want to pick up a few different kinds of juice to start. Taste is subjective and what you like just may surprise you!

I started at 36mg. Almost 2 years later I am at 32-34. As you were told that level may be way to much for you. A 24mg is just right for some starting out.

RTD vaper is a great place to pick up "all things REO". He is a REO owner and tries to stock everything needed at one place. He does not sell juice though.

The suppliers list here on ECF is a great place to check out. I went to a lot of sites looking at juice flavors and prices. You can go to their forum and read reviews too!

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
If the 'Father' portion of your screen name refers to a religious hierarchy position may I suggest that with the ladies around here you might be in the wrong forum. At times this place makes a confessional look like a kindergarden tea party.

(The guys are fine, it's the women you gotta watch out for.) Oh, welcome to the forum... enter at your own risk.

Jack

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Dano..welcome to Reoland!

You've hooked up with the best bunch of people in the world AND you've chosen the best vaping device!

Anything at all that you're not sure of, you just come here and ask....there ARE NO dumb questions!

I'm so glad you're starting with the top of the line PV!

I'm only suggesting getting an eGo style e-cig or something similar, JUST in case, so that you won't be tempted to go back to analogs
if you inadvertently do something to your Reo and have to send it back to Rob ( the maker of the Reos)

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Fatherdano,

Congrats on making the move to quit smoking and start vaping. I smoked two packs a day for 40 years and I haven't had a puff on a cigarette since my first puff on an electronic cigarette(PV). Everyone's transition is different but if you keep at it you'll find the rewards immense.

We are here to help so don't be shy. Any questions, fire away. We all started out once too.

If you are ordering a Grand I think it's wise to order an extra spring with it.

Good luck with everything. We hope to hear more from you in the future.

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
If the 'Father' portion of your screen name refers to a religious hierarchy position may I suggest that with the ladies around here you might be in the wrong forum. At times this place makes a confessional look like a kindergarden tea party.

(The guys are fine, it's the women you gotta watch out for.) Oh, welcome to the forum... enter at your own risk.

Jack

The screenname is an old one, my wife and i have 6 boys. i'm the only smoker.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Congrats for deciding to make the switch!! 2 years ago, I was a 2 pack a day Camel Lights smoker...I first got a 510 mini-ecig. It wasn't enough for me. I was lucky to find the Reo and these fine folks here helped me out- just like they are helping you now!! Since December 20, 2010, I have not smoked a single cigarette. There has been no need to and I have no desires! Good advice from the ladies, and I believe the Grand would be an excellent way to start!! The main thing after you get started is to find a good liquid that you like. I would start with a fairly high nicotine amount 24mg/ml or even 36 too in order to satisfy the cravings!! You can always cut down later and if you're like me, your body will tell you when. I'm at 18mg/ml now. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, everyone has covered everything you need......you may need to read those posts ^^^ over a couple of times to absorb all the excellent info. Once you actually get a REO in your hands and start vaping, you will probably have more questions and you've certainly come to the right place for the answers.

I just want to say congratulations for 1) starting to vape and end the nasty habit that we all know was killing us, and 2) having the snap to start with the best right off the bat. (Many/most/all of us started with various smaller set-ups and "evolved" to the realization that the REO is the easiest and best vaporizer.)

What I want to add is this: You will be amazed at how well these things work to get us off cigarettes. We all have stories, but the common thread is that of all the ways we've tried in the past (Nicorette gum, patches, pills, cold turkey, etc.) to kick the habit, THIS is the one that works. Read through the Success Stories thread if you want some inspiration. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-annex-d457-best-best-successes-stories.html

Good luck and feel free to make yourself at home here and ASK anything you want to know. Welcome to Reoville!!

-Jan-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread