Can you overuse your 510????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngspotts

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Mission Viejo, CA
Hi i just started using the "my Simple Cart mod" from highping today and the vapor production I get off this mod is crazy! I was using my 510 in the car on my way to work and at first i was getting some pretty good clouds but after using consistently for 5 min I noticed my 510 getting a lil hot and decreased vapor production and a slightly harsh taste. I checked my cart, yup still wet and full of juice so i started taking like 30 second pauses in between draws to let the atty cool and still noimprovement. Can i be burning juice?:evil:

N00bx7

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
Might have a flooded atty or simple gunked up.

1st thing to do is take your atty off and blow it out. If a lot of juice comes out then your flooding it. Very possible with certain cart mods or even if they arnt just right..

If its not flooded it may just need to be cleaned out. This is what I do every few nights and I'm getting pretty consistent vapage.

1 - flush your atty under tap hot water for about 30 seconds or so (you don't need to boil it or make baths with weird stuff for ages, just flush it with hot water for 30 seconds)

2 - blow with your mouth through boths ends (big hole/little hole) of the atty for few seconds to just let it dry a little.

3 - connect your atty to your PV (a regular 3.7v device or ecig) without the cart or cart filler (!!) and perform a 12 seconds (cut-off) dry burn (press the button till cut-off while gently blowing through the mouthpiece -801- or empty cart -510/901- be sure you're blowing -not draggin inside-
you will see a little vapor coming out (it's vaporized water).
If you do not blow while dry burning the coil may get TOO HOT and you may damage it.

4 - do this dry burn 4 times in a row. After that your atty will be perfectly dry and ready to get new juice again.

5 - drip between 5 to 8 drops of liquid into the atty (801), or 2 to 5 (510).
wait a least 2 seconds between any drop, the mesh needs to absorb each drop before adding another one.

Or you might just have a dead atty worst case scenario :mad: How long have you had it yer cig?

But like captjay said driping ive found is the best route. Very VERY stupid to do while driving, but luckily I have a 20 min drive to work so I load up b4.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
It's sounds to me like everything is working normally, but if you don't give the atty enough time to be re-saturated with e-juice then you'll have the exact symptoms you are having, the atty getting hotter and that burnt taste.

I normally vape a couple of slow easy draws and then wait at least one minute between vapes to allow time for capillary action to occur and re-soak my atty and this also gives my atty a little more time to cool down a bit. I also found that during this wait time it doesn't hurt to perform a quick "suck" draw without pressing my battery button which will help cool the atty down a little more and for some reason, I think that it creates just a little vacuum to draw more e-juice from the cart to the atty. It can't hurt to give it a try once in a while.

:thumb:

sporkboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Houston, TX
... I also found that during this wait time it doesn't hurt to perform a quick "suck" draw without pressing my battery button which will help cool the atty down a little more and for some reason, I think that it creates just a little vacuum to draw more e-juice from the cart to the atty. It can't hurt to give it a try once in a while.

:thumb:
Great tip, I hadn't seen this one before and just tried it. I have been out several times not getting good draws and this really helps!
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread