can you suggest me one mod kit for mtl vaping for huge clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
@buccaneersfan, if you could provide a budget please I'm sure that we can come up with some ideas.
hello budget is around 80-100$(including batteries and charger also, i have an old intelli i2 charger but no cord, can i use it?)

looking for reliable and a perfect device as i am new to vaping, i like huge clouds

i dont want to go back to cigarettes

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
hello budget is around 80-100$(including batteries and charger also, i have an old intelli i2 charger but no cord, can i use it?)

looking for reliable and a perfect device as i am new to vaping, i like huge clouds

i dont want to go back to cigarettes

Not sure where you’re from, so advice will maybe not be accurate.

Liion wholesale is having a sale, so you might want to check that out. You’ll probably want a dual battery mod and sub ohm tank. I’d get at least 4 batteries, about $5 each, and a charger, around $10-20. Figure $40 for all that, and you have up to $60 for your kit.

Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery/cell distributor

Sorry I can’t be much help with a kit, the only sub ohm tank I have and love is the vaporesso NRG, and my mods are mostly squonkers, stabwood (out of your price range) or out of production.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Just checking, Nitecore Intellicharger i2 uses a 2 pin power lead? At least that's what my searches show. If so, those can be picked up cheap.

Do you know if it can handle 21700 batteries? If you haven't a clue, no worries. Just pull the slider to its furthest point and measure the distance, we'll be able to work from there.

Also, do you have any issues with the possible weight and size of a mod?

Reactions: stols001

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
Just checking, Nitecore Intellicharger i2 uses a 2 pin power lead? At least that's what my searches show. If so, those can be picked up cheap.

Do you know if it can handle 21700 batteries? If you haven't a clue, no worries. Just pull the slider to its furthest point and measure the distance, we'll be able to work from there. I like a thin mouth piece on the tank.

Also, do you have any issues with the possible weight and size of a mod?
20190614_084500.jpg

I dont think its Compatible with 21700. I dont mind size and weight of mod.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    MTL (mouth to lung) is more like smoking a cigarette. At higher levels, e.g. Nautilus, Zenith tanks, SMOK pod device, you can get a good haze going but not all at once and use up to 24 mg but even with them it can get harsh at that level unless using salts-type nicotine. Large clouds are produced by DL (direct lung) devices including large atomizers or tanks and the necessarily more powerful battery units. Lower nicotine concentrations such as 1.5-6 mg are used and even then 40 watts are enough to make some defined clouds and if you want a mild hit there will be limits. I use 16 watts with TC and a dripping atomizer and I need to pace myself around my smoker friends, but it doesn't quite make those huge clouds you've seen. This is loose MTL or hybrid DL-MTL.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    presently using smok nord, looking for a mod kit that gives less throat hit/cough with 24mg and gives huge amount of clouds

Huge clouds will require a Dtl delivery device with an unrestricted/wide open air flow, will increase your liquid consumption by at least double possibly quadruple and needs to use high % Vg liquids.
    The throat hit / lung feel using 24mg/ml will be strong, most likely a few hits will cause you to feel symptoms of too much nic.

Less throat hit = less nicotine & higher % Vg for smoothness & cloudz.
    Most newer Mtl setups will produce more cloudz, less throat hit (depending on power & airflow setting) & better flavor than a nord.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Then possibly Geekvape Aegis Legend kit and an Innokin Zlide tank, just to make sure that all your bases are initially covered. As the Aero tank with the Legend covers DTL (or at least it's an introduction) and Zlide tank covers MTL.

Aegis Legend Kit

Zlide Tank - Innokin

The Legend mods output can be adjusted accordingly to the coil/tank and is waterproof and shockproof, so can withstand most punishment that life can throw at it.

Element Vape (only place I know to have a quick look in the US), has the Legend kit at $55.95 & Zlide tank at $19.95. And because fathers day is looming, they have a sale on with 10% off vaping hardware. And also there's free shipping on orders above $50.

But by all means look at different retailers to get the best deal that you can, even ask around on the forums if these ideas interest you and if they know of anywhere else selling cheaper.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    presently using smok nord, looking for a mod kit that gives less throat hit/cough with 24mg and gives huge amount of clouds

As said above, the Uwell Crown kit or geekvape legend kit, will give you a mod, and tanks suitable for cloud chucking.

However you will need lower strength nicotine ejuice in your cloud chucking tank - at least half the nicotine strength of what you vape mtl. So you will also need to find some 12mg or lower ejuice.

This is purely because you absorb a hell of a lot more nicotine vaping direct to lung and mouth to lung

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m. No expert in cartridge systems, but I suspect any of the larger “sub ohm tank” kits would work for you. Something with a mesh coil perhaps. Stay away from SMOK brand and you should be more or less ok. Then you’ve got to power the thing of course. That means a minimum imho of 2-4 safe batteries (depending on the mod) and a safe charger. If it doesn’t come in at $100 it will be close. Fairly easy to spend more as well.

Some savings could be found with an internal battery mod. They tend to lack mah though and then there’s the problem of leaving them plugged in half the time to charge.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hello,

You have lots of great recommendations here.

Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery/cell distributor
    Is a trusted battery seller. :headbang:

As a bias opinion, I also suggest the GeekVape Aegis Legend kit. (dual 18650 durable mod + sub-ohm tank)
    Just did a test cart on what I might buy in his position assuming the legend kit, which I also think would work well. I don’t know how much voltage the legend kit tank requires, but 4 hg2s and a decent 2 bay charger is near $40 on that site.
    A quick peruse of vapecrawler.com points to GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W Kit at $55. Probably be a smidge over a Benjamin with shipping and you’d still have juice and cartridges to worry about but it would be a genuinely decent setup.

So the OP doesn’t need to go higher. The question is can s/he go that high and is there some cheaping out that has to be done.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Thanks all for replies, I checked out legend kit, it looks fine but it is almost 1 year old. I'm wondering if new kits will have better performance and clouds. Any other kit suggestions. I will listen to suggestions all weekend and order on Sunday. So it will be shipped by Monday and i get it soon
    That’s sort of on purpose. Nope. The tank isn’t super amazing but it’s got available mesh coils that work well. The coil cartridge is 80% of the performance of a tank. Another big chunk is “does the tank leak?” These have a good rep for that.

the mod kinda is kind super amazing though. It’s waterproof and shockproof. It will do a higher total voltage than almost any other mod and the TC is even decent if not outstanding. They last. Downside of the thing is it’s physically large and kinda heavy but you can’t have everything.

If you go bleeding edge of the best of the moment you wind up dealing with both possible reliability problems as well as something eclipsing it the next month anyway. That’s the shineyitis rabbithole.
    This is a rig that works and won’t break in two weeks. You’ll get your investment out of it.

You want bleeding edge hottest of the hot we can do that too. You’ll need to bump your budget by 50% though and you won’t get half again the performance.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Till now in other thread and here I heard mostly about innokin krona zenith kit, aegis legend, geekvape solo. Uwell crown 4

Which one to order out of above or anything else?
    The Kroma-a zenith kit comes with the zenith atty. it’s MTL. No big cloud. I understand it does a reasonable RDL, but I get the impression that is not what you’re looking for. The mod in that kit is pretty minimal as well. It works, don’t get me wrong, but it’s a plastic internal battery mod with minimal features. Thing is low cost though. It would also mean you don’t have to buy batteries and a charger. This kit is all about the tank.

The legend kit is all about the mod. The mod should last you a couple of good solid years at least. Better long term purchase.

The Solo is basically a one battery version of the legend. Smaller and less money, but the tank options are going to be basically the same and it won’t have the power of the legend. You’ll be changing batteries a lot more. It’s definitely an option though. If you didn’t say “big cloud” it would probably be what I would be backing.

The crown 4 is slightly smaller and arguably prettier than the legend. It’s still a 2 battery mod though so your battery/charger costs are going to be the same. Also it’s not ruggedized like the legend is. The tank may or may not be a significant improvement. Uwell made its name with the crown1 which was really a very good tank. They think the crown4 is better, but I don’t hear that opinion echoed much around here. I suspect the two tanks are fairly comparable. I don’t know though. I don’t vape coil cartridge systems.

Reactions: greek mule
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread