can you suggest me one mod kit for mtl vaping for huge clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
presently using smok nord, looking for a mod kit that gives less throat hit/cough with 24mg and gives huge amount of clouds

High VG juice will make bigger clouds with a MTL atomizer. You just have to slipstream (loose lips on the drip tip to let air in as you inhale) and direct inhale to get the lungs full.

If it's clouds you really want, the best choice is a DTL (direct to lung) atomizer. If you use 24mg juice and blow clouds you will get dizzy in a puff or two. 12mg is a good starting point for DTL to stop smoking. Most people drop to 6mg juice as they get off the cigs and stay at the DTL vape level.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So I start at 5watts

More like 10 watts for MTL. You can go up or down from that point to achieve the vape you want. That will depend on air flow as well. Cloud tanks are going to be loose draw to allow greater air flow. As air flow increases you have to crank the wattage to match the tank's airflow. High air flow (DTL) cools the coil quickly. Lower air flow (MTL) is more like taking a puff from a cigarette. DTL is for cloud vapers. MTL is for those who want to recreate the experience of smoking a cigarette.

Generally, MTL vaping is done at 10W to 20W. MTL atomizers have smaller air ports to create more juice flow at low air flow rates. DTL requires more wattage to offset the coil cooling that occurs with high air flow.

Last edited:

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
What is airflow, is it that opening of the tank?
More like 10 watts for MTL. You can go up or down from that point to achieve the vape you want. That will depend on air flow as well. Cloud tanks are going to be loose draw to allow greater air flow. As air flow increases you have to crank the wattage to match the tank's airflow. High air flow (DTL) cools the coil quickly. Lower air flow (MTL) is more like taking a puff from a cigarette. DTL is for cloud vapers. MTL is for those who want to recreate the experience of smoking a cigarette.

Generally, MTL vaping is done at 10W to 20W. MTL atomizers have smaller air ports to create more juice flow at low air flow rates. DTL requires more wattage to offset the coil cooling that occurs with high air flow.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Airflow adjustment is located at the bottom of the tanks.

And what power or wattage you use is dependent upon the ohms of the coil used, and thank you for letting me know that it's the Aero tank that you got included with the kit. Try starting at 20 watts less than the lowest wattage rating on the coil and try using it a few pulls or puffs at a time and gradually increase the wattage until you get to a point that you like.

6-12 mg/ml for the DTL Aero tank, because of the vapour produced and your vaping habits you don't want to go too high. Otherwise you'll have an euphoric experience.

For the MTL Zlide tank, 24 mg/ml to start with.

It'll take some time and trial and error to find the right levels of Nicotine needed to fulfill your needs though. But at least you now have a decent setup to start with, just stick with it and you'll get there eventually.

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
I got my kit, I started at 40 watts, should I completely open air flow or half open
Airflow adjustment is located at the bottom of the tanks.

And what power or wattage you use is dependent upon the ohms of the coil used, and thank you for letting me know that it's the Aero tank that you got included with the kit. Try starting at 20 watts less than the lowest wattage rating on the coil and try using it a few pulls or puffs at a time and gradually increase the wattage until you get to a point that you like.

6-12 mg/ml for the DTL Aero tank, because of the vapour produced and your vaping habits you don't want to go too high. Otherwise you'll have an euphoric experience.

For the MTL Zlide tank, 24 mg/ml to start with.

It'll take some time and trial and error to find the right levels of Nicotine needed to fulfill your needs though. But at least you now have a decent setup to start with, just stick with it and you'll get there eventually.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Using the Zlide with the .48Ω head which is a Kanthal mesh coil start off around 10w, take a few vapes, turn it up to 12w take a few vapes, keep turning up the power 1 - 2w at a time taking a few vapes on each setting until you get to 16 - 18w.
To prevent scorching or burning the wicking material do this gradually, like over the at least first half tank full of liquid.
My experience with the .48 mesh coil head is they take quite a while to 'break in' where the flavor & vapor really starts to show itself, like 2 - 3 tank fulls
If you don't find what you like try a different resistance head.

The .5Ω head is airier than the others, does a good job of restricted/tight Dtl or free/open Mtl.
The 1.6Ω head is Mtl.
The zlide & zenith are considered & designed to be Mtl inhale style 'tanks', with the airflow wide open there are 5 small holes open to allow air in.
Both produce really nice clouds for Mtl inhale style even with my 50/50 liquids. Using higher Vg they should be quite voluminous for a Mtl tank.

If the draw / inhale strength is too tight / restricted with airflow wide open for your liking sounds like you need a 'tank' designed for a Dtl inhale.

Like has been previously mentioned in the thread,
Mtl and huge clouds don't go together, can't force it.
Dtl and 24 mg/ml nic don't really go together, you may be able to & like it.
I know the highest nic Ive used with a Dtl inhale was 12mg/ml, all it took was 3 vapes to realize the nic needed to be cut in half.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
presently using smok nord, looking for a mod kit that gives less throat hit/cough with 24mg and gives huge amount of clouds
What do you consider a "huge amount of clouds"?

A Innokin Zenith, Innokin Zlide, or Aspire Nautilus can put out a good amount of vapor. Doesn't really matter what battery device you use, nearly all mods can power either a MTL or DTL tank.

I didn't bother going through all the previous posts. I hope my suggestion is not irrelevant.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

70olds

May 10, 2019
Northern Virginia
Hello,
From my experience.
Aegis Legend with Aero tank. The kit comes with 2 mesh coils. You can see which style you like to decide which mesh coils you want to purchase more of.
The 6 mg nic for sub-ohm vaping in the aero tank would work best. The higher nic stuff, would probably knock you for a loop.
Coil prep = watch the various video and set up the coil with juice properly. Start off with no fire puff's, start off a low wattage and gradually move up to where you like it.
E-juice = keep with a flavor you have and like. Stay in the 6 mg nic.
You will find the clouds and flavor really come on with the aero tank, mesh coil.
Direct lung hit has a large nic intake. That is why I would suggest no higher than 6 mg nic.

Like many others here, you now have a good mod to add on to. There are many tanks out there. I am really liking the mesh coils flavor, clouds, and longevity. I added a few Geekvape Alpha tanks, and a few 0.2ohm MM X1 Single Coil rated for 60-110W and a 0.4ohm MM X2 Dual Coil rated for 50-80W. My preferred coils is now the .4ohm MM X2 @ 70 watts. I am using a bunch of Sony VTC5a and Molicel P28a batts.

You will probably OVER vape some days. That is .. it's new, you really are digging the clouds and flavor. And your nic intake is more than you expected.

Now own;
4 Aegis Legend Limited Edition kit with Alpha tanks
4 extra Alpha tanks
1 Aegis Legend with Aero tank
a bunch of coils
All my e-juice is now 3 mg nic

Happy vaping and staying off cigs.

Last edited:

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
Hello,
From my experience.
Aegis Legend with Aero tank. The kit comes with 2 mesh coils. You can see which style you like to decide which mesh coils you want to purchase more of.
The 6 mg nic for sub-ohm vaping in the aero tank would work best. The higher nic stuff, would probably knock you for a loop.
Coil prep = watch the various video and set up the coil with juice properly. Start off with no fire puff's, start off a low wattage and gradually move up to where you like it.
E-juice = keep with a flavor you have and like. Stay in the 6 mg nic.
You will find the clouds and flavor really come on with the aero tank, mesh coil.
Direct lung hit has a large nic intake. That is why I would suggest no higher than 6 mg nic.

Like many others here, you now have a good mod to add on to. There are many tanks out there. I am really liking the mesh coils flavor, clouds, and longevity. I added a few Geekvape Alpha tanks, and a few 0.2ohm MM X1 Single Coil rated for 60-110W and a 0.4ohm MM X2 Dual Coil rated for 50-80W. My preferred coils is now the .4ohm MM X2 @ 70 watts. I am using a bunch of Sony VTC5a and Molicel P28a batts.

You will probably OVER vape some days. That is .. it's new, you really are digging the clouds and flavor. And your nic intake is more than you expected.

Now own;
4 Aegis Legend Limited Edition kit with Alpha tanks
4 extra Alpha tanks
1 Aegis Legend with Aero tank
a bunch of coils
All my e-juice is now 3 mg nic

Happy vaping and staying off cigs.

Hi thanks for the details on aero tank. The coil im using is mesh +1 , 0.2 ohm says best at 60-80w but I'm vaping at 35w. If I go higher than 40, i cant take much and cough for 12mg liquid.

Is 35mg ok to smoke or should I increase more to get real cig experience

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi thanks for the details on aero tank. The coil im using is mesh +1 , 0.2 ohm says best at 60-80w but I'm vaping at 35w. If I go higher than 40, i cant take much and cough for 12mg liquid.

35mg is OK if it's nic salts and being vaped mouth to lung. Certainly wouldn't try that high in your direct lung Aero tank. But use it in your Zlide.

It also doesn't matter too much what the manufacturer recommends as the best wattage on your coils. What matters is the wattage where YOU like it best. If you like it at or below 40 watts, keep it there.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

If you are meaning 35watts not 35mg, it's absolutely fine to vape at that power level - especially if you are getting good flavour.

You only need to go higher in watts if you aren't getting enough flavour or vapour

• Agree
    Reactions: Mordacai
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread