Can you use 510 cartomizers in AVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
I just recently purchased and received a SS GGTS with AVS, set up for 510 atomizers. I was wondering if there was a way to use 510 cartomizers instead of atomizers. I saw the threads on punching a hole in the a 901/KR808 cartomizer, but I'm not sure if the 510 cartomizers would require the hole. Can anyone point me to a link or tell me how to use a 510 cartomizer? My gut says that the 510 should work without any modification, but I wanted to check and see if anyone had any experience first.

Daz 7401

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Bristol UK
Hi Boon,

I have found it is best to treat a 510 basic carto just like an 808/901 carto, Punch/Drill a small hole in the side and close the juice control on the atomiser conection. Internally there is no differance between them so you want to feed juice to the wadding through a hole in the side because this is where the coil is on a basic carto. In a 510 atomiser the coil sits in a cup in the centre which is why feeding juice via the centre hole works in that case. I have found feeding a carto like a 510 atomiser is very inconsistent and one of the reasons for using carto's in an AVS is because it is consistent.
Hope this helps Daz.

Last edited:

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
Just as an update, I cut the 510 carto short enough to fit, then punched a hole in the side, and it seems to work great so far. That's a relief to me, because my favorite juice kills atomizers fast, so it's more economical to use cartos. Also, I haven't gotten any leaking since I started using it last night, so that's a bonus.

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
2 things to remember. 1. Keep the little liquid control ring nut completely closed to force the juice through the side holes. 2. the thicker the juice you are using, the tighter the air control ring needs to be. You will probably still need to periodically close the air control and suck the juice into the filler. Make sure it is wet by taking just the mouth piece off to check.

Captain Morgan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks. Also, one thing I realize is that the higher opening means that quite a bit of juice can't reach the hole. So I can only use about 2/3 of the tank before I need to refill.

On the 510 carto you need to punch your hole(s) 1/2" from the end of the thread, that is as close to the bottom as you can go on most 510 cartos.

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
On the 510 carto you need to punch your hole(s) 1/2" from the end of the thread, that is as close to the bottom as you can go on most 510 cartos.

This is why many stick with the 901 connector and use a punched 808.

Been thinking of trying the volt bottom coil cartos in the AVS. They may last longer. They seem to work a little better than the other 808's out there as well.

Captain Morgan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Oklahoma
This is why many stick with the 901 connector and use a punched 808.

Been thinking of trying the volt bottom coil cartos in the AVS. They may last longer. They seem to work a little better than the other 808's out there as well.

Have you tried any of the KR808D1 Dual Coil Cartomizers at 1.5ohm from COV? They are my fav 808 cartos for the AFS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread