Can You Use Vanilla / Almond Extract To Flavor DIY E-Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I know it won't be the most exotic flavor out there but i want to make my first ever batch and i want to start out simple (the extract does contain alcohol but no oil)

Is it a good flavor to start out?
Is it a good idea to use?

Thanks!

I have always read that store bought extracts contain to many suspended solids to be safe for vaping. You could look for PG based food flavorings in the baking isle of the grocery store. Loran is often found in groceries.

Your much better off ordering on line at a place like Nicotine River or Bull City. Pick up a prepaid credit card if you don't have one.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't do that, personally. Although we don't know that much about flavorings generally, I think that there are enough flavors available that are used in vaping and at least have some kind of safety track record, unlike trying to use extracts, essential oils, or anything like that. Honestly, I hardly ever use vanilla flavorings, there is something in most of them that disagrees with me and causes hoarseness, but overall, since I DIY, I am in control of the flavors that I select. It's also very nice to be able to flavor at a percentage level that suits me, and that I like. Now that my tastebuds have returned, I really flavor in the 3--6% range, some storebought flavors can have up to 20% flavoring and sweetener. I barely use a drop or two of sweetener in most of my flavor mixes.

I think you'd be better off, if it makes you feel more comfortable, trying to use flavorings advertised as natural or organic, but at least have a track record in vaping. Honestly *I* am more comfortable with non-organic and not necessarily natural flavorings, but I know about the "organic" business from my brother having worked at Whole Foods, and it can be somewhat inaccurate and corrupt. There's no "regulation" on organic at all, and by the time you get your "natural" flavor it has been through probably the exact same amount of chemical manipulation and change by flavor-makers, it is just simply derived from "natural" ingredients, not artificial ones, but there isn't a lot of difference.... I simply choose high quality flavors that I know I can tolerate and that I enjoy.... It makes my life simpler and my choices increase.

Some people (if I understand it correctly) will sometimes try and use teas and things like that in their flavorings, with varying degrees of success.... It's a complicated extraction process though, from what I understand. I am happiest sticking with flavors that I know have been vaped for some time.... I've been pretty happy with DIY generally, and you have probably encountered many of these flavors, (sometimes without knowing it) if you eat out, at all. They have been used for that for a long time and while I understand vaping is slightly different, it's really best to stick to flavoring compounds.

I buy all my DIY materials from Nicotine River, and I've been very happy with them.

Good luck, tons of information in this forum if you want to look around.... Best of luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I know it won't be the most exotic flavor out there but i want to make my first ever batch and i want to start out simple (the extract does contain alcohol but no oil)
Is it a good flavor to start out?
Is it a good idea to use?
Thanks!
All good. Taste is a very personal decision.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread