Cana Modz DNA30 or Mechanical Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I haven't used my mech mod at all since getting my DNA30 mod. I don't do low subohm vaping so the DNA30 is everything I need.

Vapor production largely depends on the coils you build, not the batter you fire them on.

That's not really true anymore. With a DNA30 device you can power coils that a mech mod simply couldn't power. I've done a 1.4ohm twisted wire build that doesn't even get hot enough to produce vapor until around 15 watts. I typically vape coils in the 1.1 to 1.5ohm range and am rarely below 13 watts.

Last edited:

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Vapor production largely depends on the coils you build, not the batter you fire them on.

Yes it does but my point is my same build (.5 ohm parallel on my atomic RDA) fires much harder from a fully charged mech then my DNA30 @ 30W. So much that the flavor profile of my home slice from Nicoticket changes entirely from yeasty bread peanut butter to very jelly jelly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
how low do you sub ohm? im looking to go for as low as .5-.7

The DNA30 clones will regulate the voltage down to .6ohms (30 watts @ 4.2V). Below that and the DNA acts like a mech mod and runs unregulated. Keep in mind that you're going to have a MUCH larger voltage drop than you would from a mech though since it's powering the chip as well as firing the coil. You can run coils down to .3ohms on the DNA30 clones, but personally I would stay at the .5ohm and up range.

Last edited:

ClayTaylorNC

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
United States
Iv'e been using Mech mods for about 2 years. Finally bought a Cana DNA30 less than a month ago. I haven't touched my mechs since. I don't see a point in using my mechs for a while. And yes, it does matter what you're using on the clouds. Although the coil you build is 90% of the production, the machine you're using has to be able to supply the power to that coil. And the DNA30 has ZERO problems with that. I vape my Kayfun, and my Aerotank Mega at 25-30 watts. It's a much warmer, fuller vape. If I had the choice now, knowing about them both, I would definitely of bought the DNA30 right away. It's alot easier to maintain. You just plug it in to usb to charge (I use my laptop) and every few days I change the battery, also very easy to do. My .7 ohm coil on my Kayfun blows couds, but I also use a 2.0ohm replaceable on my Mega and it does just fine. To someone who isn't used to the power subbing supplies, it's awesome. Now, if I were to put that same setup on any of my many, many, mods, it would'nt supply the same amount of power as 30 watts. Sometimes I lower my Cana to 15 watts (with my battery fully charged) to see what it produces, and it's disappointing so I turn it back up right away to get a delicious hit right after. Get one, you wont be dissapointed.

Last edited:

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Like above I got the cloupor dna30 mod about a week ago and can't put it down. I am running a rsst with ss rope and 3 wrap ribbon at 0.8 ohms at 25 watts. It vape awesome and chucks clouds. Much better then on mech. Have a 0.4 on mech and that's where it shines, but haven't picked it up since. Mech are great but dna 30 shine at 1.4-2.0 because you can crank them up too 5-8 volts or 30 watts. I like the flexability of the dna but purist of mech.

Happy shopping.

Double Helix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Houston, TX
While we're on the subject of the DNA30, what's in your opinion a good mod that doesn't break the bank? Let's say around 100 dollars or less? I've been eying the VaporShark DNA30 and I like its design, but that would be 66 dollars over budget.

From what I seen you won't be finding one for that price unless it's a clone (Cana Mod) or you build the device yourself. The chip alone will set you back $30-50 at retail purchase.

DeliciousClouds

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Nijmegen, Netherlands
From what I seen you won't be finding one for that price unless it's a clone (Cana Mod) or you build the device yourself. The chip alone will set you back $30-50 at retail purchase.
I was reading on the Cana Mod and it seems like the short-circuit protection is a bit of a mess. Probably won't take the risk and will hold out until the next paycheck. :p

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Those Fasttech clones are getting very solid reviews and the good thing about buying from there is you have a long return period and after thats over you can still send it in and Fasttech will still get it fixed for you by the manufacturer , but some type of fee will be applied . For $56.00 it's very tempting.

That really cuts down on the risk factor .

ClayTaylorNC

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
United States
I was reading on the Cana Mod and it seems like the short-circuit protection is a bit of a mess. Probably won't take the risk and will hold out until the next paycheck. :p

The only short problem I've heard of is when people put the battery in wrong. Other than that, maybe sometimes you have to hit the fire button twice. But anyone whos ever used a mech. mod for more than 5 hours should be used to that pretty well. It hasn't missfired once on me. I am SUPER SUPER HAPPY I got one. I debated and did research for a month before I bought it.

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
About to move on to the next step in vaping with RDAs with intention to move into some sub ohm builds. Just tossing up weather i should buy a Cloupor DNA30 or a Mechanical mod.
Which would suit better? Pros, Cons? Which produces more vapor or are they the same?

Am I the only one here that wants to say "why not both?"

I have Cana in the mail as we speak, so I can't speak first hand of my love for it just yet. But I anticipate it will find a nice home as my daily carry.

I've also been vaping my Nemisis exclusively for about a week now. I sub ohm but am not a 'cloud chaser' --I just found that about .4Ω - .6Ω is my sweet spot for dripping on my mech mod.

To be perfectly honest: my opinion as a vaper and a realist is that there's going to be times where you wish you had either. so.... why not chose one of the two action plans I am about to drunkenly draft out for you:

☼☼ Action Plan # 1 ☼☼

Buy a mech mod (probably clone) now. take your pick, Nemisis, Chi you, Carvela, etc... they're all pretty much the same when we get right down to it. but you can find a nice mech mod clone of your choice for around the $40 mark.

so you buy the mech mod, vape on that for a month or two-- have fun building coils and experimenting [as long as you have save batteries]

then you buy a CANA [hana clone] mod -OR- a IPV 50w mod or any other high wattage Chinese mod in about a month or so, once hysteria has gone down a bit, and you can order one with ease. [without worrying about wait times, or defects, for 1st gen quirks] (seriously though, that IPV 50 looks awesome! Can't wait to hear how the forum-using per-orderers like them)

☼☼ Action Pan # 2 ☼☼

you order a CANA mod tonight (or today, for you, my upside down friend) for 70 quid (or what ever the current exchange rate is in kiwi's or some other racially insensitive [light-hearted racism in the name of comedy] form of currency)

♪♫THEN♫♪

in a few weeks-- another pay period or what have you-- you find yourself a nice Mech Mod, clone or otherwise that you will enjoy-- even after you've tasted that sweet sweet DNA30 nectar. seriously though, there's something nice about a mech mod. /drunken rant w/ too much punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread