• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Customs is outright lying now, but backs away QUICK when called on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Whoa! Called Canada Customs today to try to find out what's going on with a parcel they're sitting on. In the course of the discussion, I was asked about the contents. I told her it was personal vaporizer parts and accessories. She pressed for more details. I repeated myself adding that there was no liquids or nicotine in the parcel. She asked what "nature" of vaporizer. I laughed lightly and finally said "well in the simplest terms, it's e-cigarette stuff!" but again stressed there was no liquids or nicotine.

She stopped me right there and told me it was illegal to bring that in. That e-cigarettes are illegal in Canada.

I jumped on her. Informed her that was utter misinformation and that hardware, parts and accessories are PERFECTLY legal as was liquid containing no nicotine. *Only* the nicotine is barred from import which was why the parcel in question contained no such thing! I went on saying that there is no law barring me from owning, buying, or importing any of my tools and that in fact it is only a Health Canada advisory that bars the import of nicotine.

I took a deep breath and waited for the argument.

But there was none. She honestly just said "oh, ok" in a subdued voice and left it at that!! She went on to explain the usual time frames and process for parcels being cleared by Canada Post.

Talk about anti-climactic! But I still got off the phone just plain ANGRY. Tell me it's illegal will you? And hope I simply don't know enough to exercise my rights? grrrrr.....

The bad news is that my parcel is still in process and I have no idea when they're finally going to clear it and give it to me. *sigh* I really really really hope it shows up this week. There's stuff in there I wanted to be able to give to a smoker for Christmas :(

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Welll actually, at no point did I get an answer about my parcel in particular. She ascertained that it would be Canada Post clearing it through Customs, and at that point she basically offloaded it as CP's problem. There is no legal grounds to refuse it, but until I have it, I can't rule anything out.

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Electronic smoking products (i.e., electronic products for the vaporization and administration of inhaled doses of nicotine including electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products) fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act. All of these products require market authorization prior to being imported, advertised or sold in Canada. Market authorization is granted by Health Canada following successful review of scientific evidence demonstrating safety, quality and efficacy with respect to the intended purpose of the health product. This evidence is provided by the sponsor seeking market authorization. To date, no electronic smoking product has been authorized for sale by Health Canada.

To All Persons Interested in Importing, Advertising or Selling Electronic Smoking Products in Canada - Health Canada Notice 2009-03-27

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Electronic smoking products (i.e., electronic products for the vaporization and administration of inhaled doses of nicotine including electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products) fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act. All of these products require market authorization prior to being imported, advertised or sold in Canada. Market authorization is granted by Health Canada following successful review of scientific evidence demonstrating safety, quality and efficacy with respect to the intended purpose of the health product. This evidence is provided by the sponsor seeking market authorization. To date, no electronic smoking product has been authorized for sale by Health Canada.

To All Persons Interested in Importing, Advertising or Selling Electronic Smoking Products in Canada - Health Canada Notice 2009-03-27

Until they come to my house and find cartos and tanks filled with nicotine, they can't state that I'm using nicotine in them. No one from Health Canada has rung my bell to date.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
Ive had this argument several times with Customs, and they say its illegal, I told them it isnt and to quote me the law from the Law Society of Upper Canada, Quote me when the law was passed who signed the Law into effect. Well they say uhhhhhhhh just like Moose from the Archies. They said well we were told, I stopped them as asked by whom? they said Health Canada. I asked if he knew anything about Canadian Law, he claimed he did. I asked, can you quote me any law EVER that was passed without going threw Parliament and was created by Health Canada, he said again UHHHHHHHHHHH no. I asked is Health Canada allowed to enforce Laws they created? he said no. I said allrighty then, when can I expect my parcel to be cleared. He told me the usual mumbo jumbo, I checked the tracking 2 hours later and it was cleared. This is when they held a package of ikenvape attys. I think however im now flagged lol, things to me seem to be held alot longer then before.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
medical-prescription-drugs_www-txt2pic-com.jpg

This should appease HC lol

This is a parody/satire image manipulator This is not a real prescription

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
How does one get a doctors note for ejuice, other than Ian's? Cause I don't want to know what you need to do to get his.

LOL it was just one of those text to pic programs, no one will give you a prescription because no pharmacist has it, and no big pharma makes it and I hope it stays that way. it just HC's way of making it impossible to get e-juice. you hust by any e-juice from any supplier or reseller,

Royaldrunker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
Vancouver
thats funny, you must be a doctor yourself to know this seeing customs was the ones that suggested i do this..

and yes my doctor did prescribe nicottene for e cig 30 ml 18-25 mg with 1 renewel ....customs doesnt care about the renewal or how many bottles as long as you have reciepts and not unreasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread