Canadian/American Border crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
We like to visit Sault Ste. Marie Ontario by way of Sault Ste. Marie Michigan once or twice a year and I'm wondering how customs on both sides view our equipment and e liquids? I know how they handle booze, beer and cigarettes but don't want my vape gear confiscated. I don't plan on taking a gallon of liquid with me but rather just a weekends worth of nicotine juice.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I too was born in Canada, but live in the US. I've always had to laugh crossing the border. Canada always wants to know what you're bringing into the country, and the US just wants to know if that's your wife in the car with you. (oh and, the US has never figured out that a citizenship certificate is something you hang on the wall ... not carry in your wallet) So the passport rule has actually made getting back into the US easier for some of us.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    When you get to the Canadian boarder patrol, just dangle an extra set of shiny keys and say "Awe, who's a good Canadian? huh? Who's good Canadian? You're a good Canadian!!!" Then tickle their stomach. Do that and they won't care what you bring with you. One time I slipped a dead ...... and a llama past them with that one.

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    When you get to the Canadian boarder patrol, just dangle an extra set of shiny keys and say "Awe, who's a good Canadian? huh? Who's good Canadian? You're a good Canadian!!!" Then tickle their stomach. Do that and they won't care what you bring with you. One time I slipped a dead ...... and a llama past them with that one.

You're almost as bad as wheezal. LOL!!

wheezal

Insane Halon
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2013
    Austin, Tx

You're almost as bad as wheezal. LOL!!

a.) them shiny keys are super fun!

b.) both the ...... and the llama would have been dead.

other than that...it was very sage advice.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    Thanks guys. I have the "enhanced" drivers license so I don't need my passport. I normally just get a couple cases of real beer but the Soo now has a vape shop I might want to check out. For some reason I have been searched more on the American side. I'll try not to fill the car with mighty clouds of vapor at the check point. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread