Canadian Customs OM*G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
I will keep it short , I bought 2 juice packages , totaling close to 200$ from MTBakerVapor located in the US , one of them was bought almost 2 months ago , and its been stuck in Canadian customs for 1 and a half months .

The second one I bought 2 weeks ago and it was also sent for further processing.

I am sorry but I am going on vacation at the end of the month, if i don't get my stuff , someome is getting a lawsuit , I have not agreed or singed anywhere that I agree for canadian customs to keep my packages for so long at all .

Anyone know how I can contact them and completely destroy them , this is unacceptable !!!

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I feel your pain, happens here in the U.S. LA Customs is notorious for lengthy processing times.
I talked to my postmaster and was told that whatever I do, DO NOT call them!
That will set off a flag and further delay things. You may end up on a "list" and all your packages will be set aside for the rubber glove treatment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I will keep it short , I bought 2 juice packages , totaling over 200$ from MTBakerVapor located in the US , one of them was bought almost 2 months ago , and its been stuck in Canadian customs for 1 and a half months .

The second one I bought 2 weeks ago and it was also sent for further processing.

I am sorry but I am going on vacation at the end of the month, if i don't get my stuff , someome is getting a lawsuit , I have not agreed or singed anywhere that I agree for canadian customs to keep my packages for so long at all .

Anyone know how I can contact them and completely destroy them , this is unacceptable !!!

Considering the importation of e-liquids with nicotine into Canada is prohibited, you don't have a leg to stand on. Your best bet is to contact Mt Baker for a refund and then purchase your e-liquids "in country".

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Ummm...

Did you not check your gov't Health Department's stance on juices with nic in them? Mt. Baker been in business a long time and should have warned you that your shipments may get either delayed in customs or outright denied and sent back to Mt. Baker. I know at least 3 years ago, Canada had some regulations no shops could sell anything but 0mg nic juice. Might double check those facts, but I think that also applies to nic shipped from out of country.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I know at least 3 years ago, Canada had some regulations no shops could sell anything but 0mg nic juice.

That was a grey area. HC (Health Canada) tried to bully many companies, but quite a few fought back. After that, HC pretty much laid low and there were very little enforcement attempts made.

Customs, however, will still seize any shipment of e-liquid coming into the country that contains nicotine.

Reactions: Tonee N

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
I've been purchasing from MTB for 3 years now , only once did I had a shipment denied.

Sorry but my local eliquids suck.

The only juice I like is from MTB

Also , if you can't ship eliquid this nicotine from other countries , how do vape shops get theirs ?

If I am going to have to register myself as an actual business or something , I have no problem doing that, all I know is that I want my juice by the end of the month , and if I dont get it , I am going off , doesn't matter who is on the other end of the phone and what their position might be.

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
Also , it is worth mentioning that most of my orders in the past 1 or 2 years were always sent for further processing , HOWEVER they always got cleared in 3-5 days, so I was ok with that but 45 days , i dont care what the reason is or what the law is , it is not acceptable , I understand of this was actual drugs or something dangerous but we are talking about odinary Juice for ecigarettes .

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If I am going to have to register myself as an actual business or something , I have no problem doing that, all I know is that I want my juice by the end of the month , and if I dont get it , I am going off , doesn't matter who is on the other end of the phone and what their position might be.

When I was living in the GTA, I was friends with the owner of a now closed business. 50% of his shipments were seized whenever he ordered e-liquids from the US.

Rant all you wish. The law is on the side of Customs and ranting at them on the phone will do nothing more than flag your name for further scrutiny on future shipments. Get your refund and chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
Didn't say buy locally. But there are quite a few decent e-liquid companies in Canada. You just have to find one that suits your tastes.

I will look into that too , but I probably spent over 1000$ a few years ago to find the exact 2 or 3 eliquids that suit me best , I tried plenty of vendors etc. , my favorite ones were from MTB

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
I don't give up this easiely , there must be a way for Mount Baker Vapor NOT to say it is eliquid but something like 3 bottles of Vegetable Glycerin ( Skin Care ) , or if it comes to it , hide the juice and describe the package as something totally different.

Pffff , having to treat eliquid like actual drugs .

I mean I've heard of people ordering [removed] from the Internet and passing customs without a problem , there must be a way to cheat customs with eliquids too.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Annon011 - Some people DIY their eliquids in Canada. That means they have to get nic base to use in it, if they don't want just 0mg nic eliquid.

So...(1) Order the eliquids you love from Mt. Baker, with 0mg nic. (2) Buy some nic base in Canada. (3) Use an eliquid calculator to figure out how much nic base to add to your Mt. Baker eliquids so they'll be the nic mg you want. (4) Add that amount and then shake the mix very well.

Results = Future problems avoided with Canadian Customs' regulations for eliquids w/nic in them + you can keep vaping the eliquids you love from Mt. Baker! Seems like a Win Win situation to me.
:thumbs:

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
@JCinFLA I might do that to be honest , however I am really scared of Nicotine base , I can work with hazardous things , no problem , easiely flamable and explosive things , no problem , but drugs and poisons , I am EXTREMELY scared of.

In my 20s I tried a certain hard drug, I had a really bad experience and since then I don't even drink alchohol .

Having this in mind , I've tried DIY in the past but I got paranoid the moment I opened the Nic base bottle , I right away convinced myself that just by by the bottle being open I can overdose and die , I did succeed however but just half way through mixing the ingredients I was already sweating.

There is also kids in the house and a pet, I do have a safe but I guarantee the kids will find a way to open it if the wanted to which makes me even more paranoid.

@R0bert My orders also are slightly below 100 cad , like I said I had 2 orders and I meant closes to 200, not over 200 , sorry.

Annon011

Jul 22, 2017
I might just start buying juice from canada and periodically try small orders from MTBaker to see if they go through. I'd love to DIY but like I said I am scared of the nicotine base.

And who knows my current orders that are stuck may go through , all I know is that Canada customs is ......ed and the regulations they have are stupid as well in this country.

The other day , I went to buy some actual analogs for the first time in 2 years b.c I was out of juice, one pack costs 17$ here and they don't even sell menthols anymore or any other flavors , WOW .

One of the main reasons why I like vaping more than smoking is because of all the flavors and of course because it is less harmful , but still , banning methol cigarettes and the other cherry, vanilla etc flavored is insane .

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I might just start buying juice from canada and periodically try small orders from MTBaker to see if they go through. I'd love to DIY but like I said I am scared of the nicotine base.
If you are really concerned about 100 mg/ml base, can you get unflavored base in a lower mix in your local market? For example, if you vape 12 mg, can you get unflavored 24 mg and then cut it with your zero mg flavors? 24 mg isn't that high, but if you are already using 3, 6, or similar juice, it wouldn't be as risky for your family situation.

I agree with the others that asking a company to put bogus information on a Customs form is wrong on so many levels, and can get both of you in trouble if it is caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread