Canadian News jumps to the conclusion: because they are increasingly in convenience stores, youth must be using e-cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I posted a comment as well, asking what Health Canada's mandate should be regarding electronic cigarettes. I think they have a responsibility to explore the potential benefits to already committed tobacco smokers as well, rather then to simply advise people not to use them because of potential unknown risks. The potential risks of vapourizing may not be fully known but the actual risks of tobacco smoking are very well known and Heath Canada should welcome any reduction in the amount of dedicated tobacco smokers.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
BS-Meter.gif

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
This article is confusing. E cigs are restricted sale to people 18+.

Are there no age restrictions on ecigs in Quebec?
Or is the article deliberately making it sound like its easy for teens to get them?

Kids getting their hands on ecigs is a failure to enforce age restrictions, not a problem with the product itself. Or maybe its better.... let the kids break their legs trying to get store-bought ecigs and then HAHA joke's on them, no nic.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Kinda sorta off-topic

We have come a long ways in the last few years ...

This is interesting ...
Just Googled "Electronic cigarette"....then clicked on "Maps" on the left side of the page
Obviously, Google recognizes the area where my computer is
and shows the places in the area where E-cigs can be purchase

Google "Electronic cigarette" - Click Here
:)

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Kinda sorta off-topic

We have come a long ways in the last few years ...

This is interesting ...
Just Googled "Electronic cigarette"....then clicked on "Maps" on the left side of the page
Obviously, Google recognizes the area where my computer is
and shows the places in the area where E-cigs can be purchase

Google "Electronic cigarette" - Click Here
:)
That's funny! I just did the e-cig search with google and clicked on "map" on the left and it took me to a map of New Deli in India!! :lol: (Seriously)

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Health Canada already banned the sale of e-cigarettes (that contain nicotine) several years ago.

And yet, those news headlines claimed that parents are concerned about teen use of e-cigarettes in Canada, while the article provided no evidence that any teens use the products, that any parents expressed any concerns, or that Health Canada can do anything more since its already banned the sale of e-cigarettes.

The editors at that news outlet have resorted to making up totally false headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread