Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
New York Health Officials Warn Of Vitamin E In Cannabis Vaping Products

Extract from the middle of the article:
"...The Department of Health is currently investigating 34 reports of severe pulmonary illness among 15 to 46-year-olds who used cannabis vape products.

Officials say high levels of vitamin E acetate were found in nearly all the samples they investigated.

Vitamin E acetate was not present in nicotine-based vape products...."

("the samples" are black market ones that NYS DoH has tested).

Multiple other articles with the same info relative to NY. A good place to look is Dr. Siegel's blog:
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary

Check out the 5 Sept and newer entries.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Accordingly, and we know this will be controversial, we would like to open up a cannabis forum on ECF. In our view, it is now untenable and, indeed, irresponsible to be running “e-cigarette forum” and preventing cannabis consumers from talking about their products here and learning from veterans of vaping technology.
Cannabis Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

Whereas I can Understand some of the Considerations that went into this decision, I can Also see this Opening Up Pandora's Box.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
This is a CBD product, being marketed as a vape/tincture. No way in Hades would this go in my lungs. Newbies don't always know what is or isn't safe. The Mary Jane subject isn't just about getting high. Some people use it for medical reasons. If we can help, then why not?

Attachments

• 20190909_072659.jpg
    20190909_072659.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 67

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Sign of the times I suppose.

Personally I'm not a fan of an e-cigarette forum having a child forum centered around an intoxicating form of vaping. To me it's in a vein of open discussions here by teenagers about how to use their favorite nicotine vapers in class or elsewhere because the government keeps talking as if most vapers are juveniles.

No, I don't like it… don't like it at tall. Afterall thc products are still illegal by federal standards.

But what's done is done. Hope the intention results in success.
:pop:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is a CBD product, being marketed as a vape/tincture. No way in Hades would this go in my lungs. Newbies don't always know what is or isn't safe. The Mary Jane subject isn't just about getting high. Some people use it for medical reasons. If we can help, then why not?
I agree. The CBD products may well use an oil. Many vape shops, as well as gas stations and convenience stores sell CBD, but I wouldn't vape it.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Please don't conflate medical use with recreational use.
In general, ECF and it's members are very hesitant to dispense medical advice. Let's not go down that road.

BTW: CBD is only quasi legal. People have been and still are being arrested for sale and possession.
ETA: Stop Arresting Grandmothers for CBD
You Probably Shouldn’t Bring CBD Oil to an Airport
North Side man says he lost job, faces felony after arrest for having legal CBD oil
Palm Beach police warning about CBD products

Overall,
Until a federal statue protecting cannabis users from arbitrary discrimination and criminal and civil penalties is enacted, IMO, it's still best to not publicize any "health aids" that might be used in the privacy of your own home.

Be safe
I

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
New York Health Officials Warn Of Vitamin E In Cannabis Vaping Products

Extract from the middle of the article:
"...The Department of Health is currently investigating 34 reports of severe pulmonary illness among 15 to 46-year-olds who used cannabis vape products.

Officials say high levels of vitamin E acetate were found in nearly all the samples they investigated.

Vitamin E acetate was not present in nicotine-based vape products...."

("the samples" are black market ones that NYS DoH has tested).

Multiple other articles with the same info relative to NY. A good place to look is Dr. Siegel's blog:
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary

Check out the 5 Sept and newer entries.
Thank you, my friend. :)

FYI to all, I utterly refuse to use any black-market products, flower or extract, period. The tainted products are on the rise in NY and apparently moreso than I had even realized.

edit: wow, this is Dr. Siegel's Sept 5 entry: The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: CDC Has No Problem Attacking Vaping Companies so Why are They Protecting the Marijuana Drug Cartel? -- very informative.

Last edited:

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Just to say - if it doesn't work out as intended we can always revert, it just seemed really hypocritical of us not to even allow people to talk about it here, when it's the biggest issue the industry is currently facing.

We'll keep a close eye on it and evolve things in a way that fits our approach to harm reduction.

At the end of the day the CDC isn't telling the truth and concerned people will be coming here to see if we can do any better, and I'm sure we will!

RoseB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    Please don't conflate medical use with recreational use.
    In general, ECF and it's members are very hesitant to dispense medical advice. Let's not go down that road.
    BTW: CBD is only quasi legal. People have been and still are being arrested for sale and possession.

Overall,
    Until a federal statue protecting cannabis users from arbitrary discrimination and criminal and civil penalties is enacted, IMO, it's still best to not publicize any "health aids" that might be used in the privacy of your own home.

Be safe
    I
    Apologies, I did not mean to unintentionally give medical advice. The products were a gift from a neighbor. She works at a health food store, and they do not stock vape products. These particular things were a PR/sample b.s. I found it concerning is all :)

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I'm a cannabis user of 13 years, and was really interested to discover the cartridges at a dispensary nearby recently - but immediately the thought popped into my head that this can't be safe. My e-cig research gave me the knowledge that oils are harmful to vape years ago. Then a couple of weeks later I caught wind of "vaping" causing lung issues, and figured it was those cannabis cartridges and not nicotine juice whatsoever.

I've not looked into the specifics yet, but want to. In the meantime, I'll stick to flower. I'm figuring those cartridges are bad for health by virtue of the oil (full-stop) and I'm also curious how much if any of this is related to tainted/"cut" black market products. I have a friend who lives far away from legal access, and has been buying black market cartridges which he says taste nothing like the legal products. This makes me very nervous for him. I'll be sharing anything I learn with him.

Anyway, I'm torn on whether opening this discussion up on ECF is a good idea or not. But maybe it is. I'll pop in on occasion to discuss and educate myself further. The one thing I will say is it's nice being able to "open up" about another meaningful part of my life in a place where I've always felt I can truly be myself for the most part. Cannabis users (and an increasing number of non-users) are fighting what I'd call the final stretch of the fight for legalization. E-cig users (and many non-users) are fighting to keep this life-saving technology legal and accessible. I think to whatever extent the two can be allied would be beneficial, perhaps. I know some people on ECF will undoubtedly look down upon cannabis, but we're talking about freedom, and the two movements are on similar pages as I see it.

Edit: I'd like to add, since a lot of people seeing this have known me for years on here, just one quick tidbit about my use of cannabis: it's the only recreational drug I use as I do not drink alcohol at all. I use it responsibly, respectfully, and in moderation. My use is largely recreational in purpose, though it is the one thing that reliably helps my insomnia and stress. E-cigs and cannabis are two of the things in my life which I cherish greatly. That's all, just for the sake of full disclosure, I suppose.

I don't drink alcohol any more, due to my Ulcerative Colitis, so I'm very happy that ECF has chosen to open up a forum to discuss Cannabis. My disease is on the list of conditions approved for medical cannabis in my State, but I have not found a doctor to prescribe it yet.

A few times a year, my migraines get so bad that they cause severe nausea causing me to vomit practically all day. Cannabis not only helps reduce the pain, but it also reduces my nausea and helps me get to sleep.

I use it primarily for pain from my UC & hereditary migraines, but I do use it as a replacement for alcohol, too. Actually, I like it better than alcohol, because it wears off pretty quickly (within and hour or two) and I never have a hangover. :thumbs:

Kudos to ECF for doing this! I came here about 8 years ago to educate my self on e-cigarettes and its safety, so I'm glad this forum has chosen to continue to educate the public with the addition of a cannabis forum. The media is quick to report (and condemn) vaping incidents of all kinds, but they never mention that ignorance of these products is what causes these incidents to happen in the first place. Although not Federally legal, it is legal in many U.S. States and those citizens should have a forum like ECF to come and ask questions, without being chastised for it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Just to say - if it doesn't work out as intended we can always revert, it just seemed really hypocritical of us not to even allow people to talk about it here, when it's the biggest issue the industry is currently facing.

We'll keep a close eye on it and evolve things in a way that fits our approach to harm reduction.

At the end of the day the CDC isn't telling the truth and concerned people will be coming here to see if we can do any better, and I'm sure we will!

JMO...

But it seems that the ECF has done a Very Good Job of letting members discuss this Issue without having to have a Cannabis Sub-Forum.

What will be Interesting is when this Current Issue falls out of the News Cycle. Which is Already happening. And the New Sub-Forum is just a bunch of people talking about the Best Way to Get High.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Apologies, I did not mean to unintentionally give medical advice. The products were a gift from a neighbor. She works at a health food store, and they do not stock vape products. These particular things were a PR/sample b.s. I found it concerning is all :)
    Please don't apologize.
    I was not picking on you or the product, but the can of worms that is the medical use of cannabis.

IMO, while we are encouraged to share our experiences of quitting cigarettes and using vaping to achieve that end, medial use of any substance is beyond the scope of a non-expert, public forum.

I think it is a huge step to be able to discuss this and other topics as they fly across the bow, but that should be the limit of ECF's loosening of "rules".

Cheers
    I

Last edited:

brad-man

ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2019
    So Florida
    I used cannibus recreationally and sparingly in my college years. I chose not to partake once I got gainful employment and continued use could put my job in jeopardy from random drug testing.

Now that I am retired, I began researching into vaping legal regulated cannibus. I don't care for alcohol, but I would like something to relax with while watching TV at home like some folks have a glass of wine or a few brewskies.

I was able to obtain some THC allegedly smuggled from a legal dispensary in Colorado. $40 for a clearomizer of 70 - 90% THC. A single hit on one of my regulated mods at 10 watts puts me in a comfortable state of mind. Exactly what I was looking for.

It seems that both use the same gear. The main difference is in the liquids being used.

Future Binge Watcher

binge-watching-3.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Imma go get the Floyd album...
    Comfortably Numb would be appropriate. A rock classic with an epic guitar solo by a rock legend. Typical for a Pink Floyd live performance, the light show is pretty good, too. I love how the entire band appears to be really enjoying performing this song.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It is still illegal in most states and illegal at the federal level.
    The US Attorney General has recently said the government would not pursue the use of cannibis as long as the amount in possession was not excessive to be considered for sale. Bills have been recently written (but not yet voted on) by Congress to remove it from its current Schedule 1 narcotic classification.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread