Can't believe it, I think cigarettes are the WORST thing ever now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Started camel snus this week and been doing 5 - 7 pouches / day of the mint flavor. I can taste the tobacco on my tounge with a refreshing mint layer over it and am swallowing the pouch spit with no issues, its not making me sick like cigarettes used to.

Done with the cancer sticks.

Note that I'm not saying vaping isn't a good alternative but it just wasn't for me, I like the taste of real tobacco.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Vaping is not for everyone. Some people, may not be mechanically/technically inclined, may not be looking for a new hobby, and/or just want a quick and easy nic fix without any fussing or fiddling. For those people, something like snus might be the ideal alternative. I'm not sure, is the Camel snus the same as, or anything like Swedish snus?

For me, it was never really about the nicotine, I just enjoy the act of smoking. Enjoyed it so much I did it for 22 years. I like the "ritual," the "hand-to-mouth" action, the feel in my lungs when I breath in the smoke. Vaping allows me to replicate that experience in a manner that keeps me satisfied. I use just enough nic in my liquids that it doesn't feel like I'm "smoking air." I do keep an old vape pen around, loaded with higher-nic liquid for the rare (and getting rarer!) times when I still really crave a cigarette. High stress, frustration, etc. A couple hits of 18mg usually takes care of that craving right quick (I usually vape 3 or 6mg liquids, otherwise).

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Vaping is not for everyone. Some people, may not be mechanically/technically inclined, may not be looking for a new hobby, and/or just want a quick and easy nic fix without any fussing or fiddling. For those people, something like snus might be the ideal alternative. I'm not sure, is the Camel snus the same as, or anything like Swedish snus?

For me, it was never really about the nicotine, I just enjoy the act of smoking. Enjoyed it so much I did it for 22 years. I like the "ritual," the "hand-to-mouth" action, the feel in my lungs when I breath in the smoke. Vaping allows me to replicate that experience in a manner that keeps me satisfied. I use just enough nic in my liquids that it doesn't feel like I'm "smoking air." I do keep an old vape pen around, loaded with higher-nic liquid for the rare (and getting rarer!) times when I still really crave a cigarette. High stress, frustration, etc. A couple hits of 18mg usually takes care of that craving right quick (I usually vape 3 or 6mg liquids, otherwise).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19023828

This article was extremely interesting to me as a Camel SNUS user and I was able to get the following information from Irina Stepanov, Ph.D.

"Average amount of total TSNA in three flavors of Camel Snus was 1.75 microgram/g dry weight. Actual amount per pouch is about 0.4 microgram."

In theory, there are more TSNA levels in Camel than Swedish but overall the difference is small.

I bet that Camel uses additives that are more carcinogenic than the standard Swedish brands, RJ Reynolds won't disclose everything they add which is a big suspicious, but overall I think its better than smoking.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
  • Deleted by classwife

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
  • Deleted by classwife

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
  • Deleted by classwife

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
  • Deleted by classwife

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Well NIB I for one am going to wish you well .
Some of your fellow ECF posters don't appear to be too hopeful.
You're starting to run out of options.
I don't think it really matters which alternative you choose so long as it is not cigarette smoking.
Good luck keep us updated.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
  • Deleted by classwife

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
  • Deleted by classwife

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Can't believe it, I think cigarettes are the WORST thing ever now...

No, going on to Yahoo news and seeing regurgitated Body Positivity (which just means they think fat is sexy) articles is the worst thing ever.

Next up are those pics from above.

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Oh good, more gore from Bad.

You all are jumping on him pretty hard. Now, I've seen some of the past threads, but what'd he do this time? At least he's off the cigarettes. Isn't that the most important thing?

Sure he is choosing oral cancer instead of lung cancer. WHOOHOOO Great Job, Big winner!!!

Oh and since you like bad Gore, here is some more :D:

Al+Gore+Signs+Copies+Book+Future+umDnowMzSDsx.jpg

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Sure he is choosing oral cancer instead of lung cancer. WHOOHOOO Great Job, Big winner!!!
I was under the impression that smokeless tobacco, especially snus, was still far better than smoking it. Remember the term "harm reduction"? That's supposed to be what we're all about.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I've never tried Snus, are you supposed swallow the juice?

Yes, Snus is processed different than spit tobacco and swallowing the juice is not a problem. Due to the differences in processing it is also less harmful than spit tobacco and smoking.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Just seems to me that you are trading lung cancer for oral cancer. Just my opinion, but tobacco is still tobacco no matter where you put it.
Tobacco is tobacco, which is just a plant, but with oral tobacco, there's no combustion, and no smoke. Combustion is what creates most of the problematic compounds. A few (specifically TSNAs) can form during the tobacco curing process, the quantity being dependent on the process used.

As for trading one form of cancer for another: It's clear that smokers have an increased risk of lung cancer compared to non-smokers, but that risk is certainly not 100%, in fact it's not even close. Yes, some forms of oral tobacco do have an increased risk of oral cancer, but that risk certainly isn't 100% either, and is probably quite a bit lower than the risk of lung cancer in smokers. With some forms of snus, specifically the Swedish ones, where the tobacco is cured using a steam pasteurization process, the risk appears to be close to zero; i.e. Swedish snus users don't get oral cancer at a rate that's materially higher than the non-tobacco using population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread