Cant Figure Out The Particulars. New To Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone! I recently started vaping about two weeks ago. After first day didn't go back to a cigarettes vaping is the way to go. When I first started was getting a good amount of vaper and throat hit and was enjoying it. Now I'm not getting so much vaper/throat hit.
I bought a kanger evod battery and a ego c 1100mah battery non variable on both, an Evod clearomizer and recently a kanger protank 2. Im barely getting vaper, the protank 2 I've basically wrote off there's no throat hit and hardly any vaper, I've went back to the evod and am getting good throat hit but not a huge amount of vapor reasonable but not cloudy. Im using a 70/30 mix and 18mg on my ejuice. The worst problem I have though is burnt taste. I can only take one mabye two puffs then have to let it sit for four five minutes, or otherwise I get the burnt taste. I've went through about seven coil replacments. Talked to my guy I buy supplies off he says I cant take puffs like I am. I am drawing on it for mabye four seconds he says only baby puffs, but I've watched a few youtube videos and people are hauling on these things continously and long draws and no burnt taste. Asked him if I should go variable, he does sell them but he said I would burn them even faster. I dont neccasarily need to take big hauls if I can get a reasonable puff of it, I draw for longer cause I get nothing off it if I do any less. What I cant figure out is am I buying inferior knock off batteries and clearomizers, the kanger came in the kangertech box though. Is it my ejuice not being mix correctly? Should I switch to different flavors, do they give different vapors (Another side not I can really taste any flavor I've been using think I vaped too much burnt taste my taste buds are all messed up or something could be the equipment though too.) Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Its almost surely your flavor wicks, although that seems strange with a 70/30 mix.

FF to 8:50 in the video to see it done, remove and open up you head, see how many flavor wicks there are, if 2 remove 1 and reinstall the remaining 1, then reassemble the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg76IBEpVas

*EDIT* Your evod head is the same as your protank head, just with a shorter removable stem.

Last edited:

Orion_2280

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
USA
First clear the burnt taste with water. retic1959 is right on a regular ego battery 1.5 to 1.8ohms is ideal. The kanger coils have the ohm rating on the side of the head just underneath where is screws into the base, its written in a whitish color so it may be hard to see. 2.2ohms would be the limit to me, but for good vapor production 1.8 or 1.5 for your set up. U may also try taking a harder draw to pull the liquid to the coils, also when putting a new head in let it sit a bit and take maybe quick hits without pushing the button to help pull liquid to the coil. I have also found that the coils can be hit or miss, I recently got one that was doing something similar, I finally got tired of it said screw it and threw it out put a new coil in and have been vaping it for 4 days now with no issues. Also don't give up there are other options out there, I have a protank that I love and hate. lol I also use a lot of carto tanks too, I prefer those. it wont hurt to try things and see what u like. just don't waste a bunch of money just trying something. hope this helps you.

Hate to be a pain, but this post is extremely hard to read. You could make it easy on us and add a list

1: Your power supply/ies
2: your tanks/clearo/ w.e
3: your juice.

Everything is too jumbled, I'm having a hell of a time trying to sort it out...

1: Ego C Type Battery - 1100mah/ Kanger Evod 650 mah Battery
2: Evod Clearomizer Black 2.2 ohm/ Kanger Protank 2 2.5 ohm
3: Bull Horn Flavor 70/30 Mix - 18mg.

First clear the burnt taste with water. retic1959 is right on a regular ego battery 1.5 to 1.8ohms is ideal. The kanger coils have the ohm rating on the side of the head just underneath where is screws into the base, its written in a whitish color so it may be hard to see. 2.2ohms would be the limit to me, but for good vapor production 1.8 or 1.5 for your set up. U may also try taking a harder draw to pull the liquid to the coils, also when putting a new head in let it sit a bit and take maybe quick hits without pushing the button to help pull liquid to the coil. I have also found that the coils can be hit or miss, I recently got one that was doing something similar, I finally got tired of it said screw it and threw it out put a new coil in and have been vaping it for 4 days now with no issues. Also don't give up there are other options out there, I have a protank that I love and hate. lol I also use a lot of carto tanks too, I prefer those. it wont hurt to try things and see what u like. just don't waste a bunch of money just trying something. hope this helps you.

Hey there so lower ohm would be more ideal, should I also look into a variable battery for differences in resistance or should I just get lower ohm coils? I do try the dummy pulls without adding power seems to help to but even doing that I can only take mabye two three pulls before burnt taste and that is leaving ten to twenty seconds in between each one and fake pulling in between. And I have been through SEVEN coils so I am getting skeptical it is a defective one. I don't mind spending money where I need it just not sure what I should be investing in, I'm saving a bundle by not smoking cigarettes. :D

I think it is elation! You have finally found a substitute way to ingest nicotine that works! At two weeks vaping, I was in awe that I had no desire to smoke a cigarette. I was captivated with learning all about vaping. I was reading post after post from every source I could find, along with YouTube videos. But, I think my body was also adjusting to the differences between vaping and smoking. I was vaping nearly every waking moment and yes, burning up cartridges, coils, you name it - elated I loved vaping more than smoking. Now that I've grown more accustomed to vaping, I am more knowledgeable about the use and care of the equipment. There is a finesse in finding the set up that suits you, the subtle signs that your equipment needs some maintenance, and knowing what you're experiencing with your equipment. There is a learning curve to vaping. It is a love affair that starts off with lust and ends up being a very comfortable, endearing love that you don't want to be without. Nothing like the nasty analog that you kept crushing out but couldn't get rid of! Of course, follow the above tips too!

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Even worse. Got bubbles in eliquid, not getting anything feels like liquids coming up shaft. Leaking out the bottom and lots of gurgle.

Seems odd to go from dry to wet so fast. So you removed 1 of the 2 flavor wicks and immediately got gurgling?

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The bottom coil tanks rock.. and suck.. but rock.. and can be a big pain in the back side.

After 2 weeks I started chain vaping. At that time I had multiple bottom coil tanks and batteries. I loved my Kangers when they were feeding right. They were fantastic. But, like all good things, they started giving me problems. Still do actually. I would get dry burned hits and then I would get flooded chambers in others.

Nothing was making me madder than being out and about to have a friggin tank leak all over. The problem is in the design generally speaking. Having the wicks in the juice means that the juice can flow past the wicks and leak... or the silicon seals leak. Then, like any tank, if I start chain vaping I tend to run into dry wicks because they are not refilling as fast as they should. That is the opposite of the first problem.

I found that by lessening up the silicon and raising it up a bit helps. It tightens down when you put it all together. Making sure to not go below half a tank also helps because it prevents airflow into the tank directly. That will cause dried wicks and leaks too.

CYMERA_20130803_233311.jpg

I will try to build a cotton wick to see if it works better soon. Another option is to fork over $10 on a VVNova. They don't really have flooding issues so much as condensation issues which are easy to fix. I have run a nova with the same juice for over a month. I just keep refilling it and it is evil thick at times.

I like the CE4s too. They are totally disposable and I get more dry hits from them, but I use them till they die and chuck em. You can buy them for about $3 each. I bought 30 of them for about $35 to give away to friends instead of having to let them try the flavors I am working on by dripping.

Bottom line... grab some inexpensive tanks so when one is making you angry you have another option. I am upgrading to RBA, but I will always have backups.

20130819_210751.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread