Can't tast any vape juice and no remedies help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neven

Jul 5, 2018
I haven't been able to tast any juice lately even when I get ones I've not had I've tried mouthwash lemonade brushing my teeth and tounge smelling coffee grounds and even swishing vinegar in my mouth all I've heard help vapor tounge please help with any suggestions!! I'm getting frustrated with it now it's been like this for a while now.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I haven't been able to tast any juice lately even when I get ones I've not had I've tried mouthwash lemonade brushing my teeth and tounge smelling coffee grounds and even swishing vinegar in my mouth all I've heard help vapor tounge please help with any suggestions!! I'm getting frustrated with it now it's been like this for a while now.
hi,
what equipment are you using?
How long ago did you quit smoking?
If you can't taste flavours, switch to unflavoured. It's better for you and the nicotine is the same.
In a week or so try flavours again at a 50% dilution. (half flavour/ half unflavoured)
This is also a wonderful opportunity to use up all those flavours/juices that you hated/put in the draw for later.
A stick of mint gum while vaping may be enough to keep the flavour monkey quiet.

HTH
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In addition to the menthol and mint flavors suggested by Letitia, I might add try using a cinnamon flavor. It doesn't have to be one of those "hot" red cinnamon flavors, but something more akin to a spicy cinnamon. My current favorite flavor is Coffee Cake made by Spring Vapor, which has a dash of spicy cinnamon in it.

I've been vaping for over 6 years. I seem to get a temporary bout of vaper's tongue every year which lasts less than a week. I think in my case it comes from vaping the same flavor day in a day out, so I'm trying to learn to change out my flavor profile occassionally to avoid flavor saturation.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Some of my general flavor categories I use frequently in rotation:
Bakery
Butterscotch / Butter Rum/Toffee
Caramel
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Nut
Peanut Butter
Tobacco
Any Caramel RY4 combination, some Cinnamon's, most tobaccos too name a few can be strong flavors.
Bits of croissant followed by a mouthful of distilled water, then spit out after swishing is said to refresh the pallet. Bread absorbs flavors, saltines can be used to stimulate taste buds back to normal. Malt vinegar mouthwash it's said to clean the palate, then vape right away.
Arm & Hammer Dental Care Fluoride Toothpaste is suppose to prevent vaper mouth.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I diy many different flavors and always have 5 different flavors in my daily rotation. This may be why I've never experienced vapor tongue.

That’s what I do, too. When I first started vaping though, and only used one flavor, I did have vapers tongue and nothing fixed it but more flavors.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've been vaping since Nov. 2013, and I've only had vapor's tongue 2 times...and that was in 2014, for about 3 days each time. For about the last year I've been vaping the same DIY eliquid all day, every day. Sometimes I'll vape about 1mL or less of a different one, maybe once a week at the most, but that's it. So for me anyway, and possibly others...vaping the same eliquid instead of a variety of different ones, isn't what causes vapor's tongue if/when we get it.

In my particular case, when I got it 2 times...I was able to discover that eating something with fairly strong garlic in it, is what caused mine. I've also talked to a few other people who've had the same discovery with garlic. So certain foods or spices may also be the cause of vapor's tongue for some people.

To get mine to clear up, I ate just 1 of those little Cinnamon Red Hot candies...the ones we used to buy in the little box at the neighborhood store when we were kids. Most convenience stores still carry them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try some lemon ZEST dude. Chew it. It's bitter lemon.

But the bottom line (I am a fan of a tongue scraper too if you haven't gotten one. Scrape off those dead damaged tastebuds and the new ones will grow in FASTER)

Also, unflavored like, will help you won't have the "expectation of taste," and it will be less frustrating.
Got it once, it passed in about 3 days etc.

Also, don't freak, don't freak out (repeat a jillion times). I fully expect it to return this time I have relapsed into periodic smoking but (IMHO) if you rotate flavors and just vape you may only get it once, etc.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: BillW50

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I've been vaping since Nov. 2013, and I've only had vapor's tongue 2 times...and that was in 2014, for about 3 days each time. For about the last year I've been vaping the same DIY eliquid all day, every day. Sometimes I'll vape about 1mL or less of a different one, maybe once a week at the most, but that's it. So for me anyway, and possibly others...vaping the same eliquid instead of a variety of different ones, isn't what causes vapor's tongue if/when we get it.

In my particular case, when I got it 2 times...I was able to discover that eating something with fairly strong garlic in it, is what caused mine. I've also talked to a few other people who've had the same discovery with garlic. So certain foods or spices may also be the cause of vapor's tongue for some people.

To get mine to clear up, I ate just 1 of those little Cinnamon Red Hot candies...the ones we used to buy in the little box at the neighborhood store when we were kids. Most convenience stores still carry them.

Your garlic theory is intriguing to me. Couldn’t taste any juice yesterday and ate a ton of garlic hummus the day before that. Now I’ll have to pay attention and see if it happens again the next time I decide to keep vampires away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread